Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994645 times)

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15300 on: September 07, 2018, 11:29:07 am »

Its okay, if you're already stark raving mad the wagons will ignore you despite your transgressions.

I've encountered a "three year old" child, whose younger brother was struck down in the year 250. It is 301. Yeah, clearly hasn't developed any sense of cunning or skill as a liar in their decades as a vampire.
Wait what? I had no idea children could become vampires in worldgen. Are you sure he's not a werebeast?
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15301 on: September 08, 2018, 12:40:52 am »

Well i didnt actually call them out on it or anything, so maybe? I found a second child, this one nine, in that sewer system too. I may go back and check on them next full moon.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #15302 on: September 09, 2018, 12:06:49 pm »

If he had survived that long, then it may have.

Anyway, I keep making myself new backpacks. But every time I do, i get caught in bursts of boiling blood from all the shit I kill for a while, and the backpack disintegrates. I guess I need to kill a fire imp or something to make a fireproof backpack. Strangely my clothes seem to be fine, and they're just made of horse leather. I dont understand it.
Something in your backpack is probably superheated.

Senator Jim Death

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15303 on: September 09, 2018, 10:29:14 pm »

I discovered that DFHack supports this "advfort" command that lets you do Fortress stuff in your camps. It's pretty wonky, but it does actually seem to work. So, i'm going to go look for an anvil, melt down a bunch of iron junk, and make myself some masterful iron weapons. Steel, if I can dig up some flux.
If it's not trying to be fun, it's not trying to be a video game.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15304 on: September 10, 2018, 10:31:50 am »

or you could unlock the full access to use any item and smith yourself some Goblin swords.

Well currently setting up an ghost adv run, where I mostly lead a bunch of companions into encounters and see how they fair during the adventure while I pretty much act as an spirit leading them on.
some how remember this 'Putnam DBZ merged with my mods' world has 2 sentient fiends citizens, one a Giant rhino beetle and one a nose less weasel shapeshifted into humanoid form and I ended up getting a drunk fiend weasel, and her name is Urist fortresscraft.

Spoiler: "The adventure so far" (click to show/hide)

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
  • RIP Emeg Orglebeamed, the Domination of Castles
    • View Profile
« Reply #15305 on: September 19, 2018, 12:05:06 am »

Started a new adventurer. Modded race's hamlet.

I read:

"You've gathered your things ... " etc.

and then I get

"A section of the cavern has collapsed"

And the town falls into a pit of magma.

Turns out this hamlet was generated on a volcanic caldera.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15306 on: September 20, 2018, 02:31:16 am »

I started a fort which quickly turned into a violent leper colony. It was in an evil badlands that rained down putrid sludge, which started off inflicting bruising, then blistering, then physically tearing apart extremities and the face, making them mangled beyond recognition. Many affected were left permanently disfigured. Needless to say, this was a dangerous area and the mountainhomes and immigrants tended to steer clear.

Eventually, the fort had no choice but to train the few it had (about 18) and conduct guerrilla attacks on the local war-torn goblin pits, raiding them for food and supplies and burning them down when no more could be given.  Soon enough, the fort could not balance its raids with its increasing civil and cavern-related problems. It was not long before cave crocodiles and unspeakable horrors made their way into the cavern farms and killed much of the fort whilst the military was out trying to obtain supplies. Horrified and traumatized, the dorfs abandoned the meat grinder for good.

Being physically and mentally ruined, these dorfs would not find an easy way back to old society. Especially not now that they had ignited a war between goblinkind and the mountainhomes. Few even bother to go back. Most, instead, follow the militia commander south and claim a cave as their new home, becoming bandits.

My latest adventurer came from the mountainhomes to investigate what exactly the hell was going on here. Were they lowly criminals who abandoned their duties? Were they exiled guerrilla fighters continuing the war against the goblins? In any case, it took some time to pinpoint exactly where they were. When my adventurer tried to discuss things with the militia commander flew, he into a rage and stormed off. Upon trying to exit the camp, he sprinted up to my adventurer, charged him, his strike spilling the guts, and speared him through the brain.

To top it off, they even desecrated his remains and impaled him on a pike. I think we may have a colonel Kurtz situation brewing.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Senator Jim Death

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15307 on: October 01, 2018, 03:34:41 pm »

Walking around in the middle of the night, I spotted this dust cloud somewhere outside a chain of human cities. Well, okay, it's just an asterisk, so it's probably just a messenger sleeping in a tent.

Nope. It's a battle between two different groups of night creatures, some giant saltwater crocodile recruits, a saltwater crocodile man recruit, and one troll.

(I'm really not sure what these saltwater crocodiles are doing to get names.)

Anyhow, they eventually all decided they wanted to kill me. They're all dead now.

EDIT: Ha ha, never mind. There was also a hammerman in a tent, which is why the asterisk was there. He's also dead.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 03:36:17 pm by Senator Jim Death »
If it's not trying to be fun, it's not trying to be a video game.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15308 on: October 04, 2018, 03:51:24 am »

To top it off, they even desecrated his remains and impaled him on a pike. I think we may have a colonel Kurtz situation brewing.
Keep us posted! :D

...Man, I'm keen for the villains release.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15309 on: October 04, 2018, 04:26:52 am »

Keep us posted! :D

...Man, I'm keen for the villains release.   
I'm afraid nothing so interesting has happened since. I have left them relatively alone and I have noticed that they have not committed a crime in months and have no real enemies. I'm guessing, because they technically reclaimed the cave, they still act on dwarven worldgen AI despite being bandits. Which means no invasions, raids or encroachments.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15310 on: October 04, 2018, 05:18:36 am »

Made a new world while testing out my mod-mess and decided  to send forth an adventurer to see what things are like first hand. Here begins the saga of Tuma the monster slayer.

Tuma was a tiger woman who emerged from the wilds to swear fealty to a lord of the Trussed Cat-Nation, a small human civilization composed of three hamlets with a deceptive name for a young tiger woman. Armed with a bronze claymore, s meteoric iron shield, and an unwavering faith in Ique, Goddess of Salt, Tuma was eager to prove herself on her first mission. The lord told her about a fearsome master vampire who happened to live a short walk to the south, and who had personally sent 58 souls to Ique's salt cellar. Though daunted by the prospect of facing such a fearsome foe so soon, Tuma knew that she could overcome anything. After all, Ique was on her side. Tuma asked around for help from some of the lord's retinue but they all scoffed at her: she was as of yet unproven in her new role as hearthperson. Ique helped herself to a fine meteoric two-handed sword to aid her on her quest. It never hurts to carry two blades at once.

Thus Tuma hurried south to slay this Vampire named Tol. Curious, the name seemed familiar somehow. A short stroll later Tuma arrived in the capital of the Trussed Cat-Nation, and soon learned why that name sounded familiar. "There he is" said an armed retainer, pointing at Tol, the master and exalted protector of the Trussed Cat-Nation. Lord of this hamlet and his retainers milled about conversing, but Tuma's voice cut clear above the din: "Tol Burnmaligned, I call you a creature of the night, and will slay you where you stand!"

Tol turned to Tuma and laughed gleefully. "Fool, I have defeated many fearsome opponents!" But was stopped short by Tuma's blade slamming into his face. He immediately yielded, and the guards stood back, unsure of their loyalties. Tuma demanded that he drop his weapon, and also insisted that the crown pay tribute to her lord, being eager to please her liege yet further. This was a mistake, since as she spoke Tol summoned an unnatural burst of stamina and sprinted out of the door, biting an axeman vengefully in the neck. Aghast, Tuma looked around for a horse or other means of catching up. Two slabs sitting in the treasure room caught her eye, and she read what they said: "Secret of the Master Vampire". The words of the otherworldly script made their meaning clear, and power and understanding surged into Tuma's mind and body. She was now that which she sought to annihilate. A master vampire.

Tuma proceeded to pursue Tol for the better part of the day, back and forth in circles on the outskirts of the hamlet, coralling him against the river which he refused to cross (though a bridge demonstrated that running water was no obstacle. Neither tired, neither slowed down to give up the chase, though Tol slowed down once in a while to express the fact that he needed to flee to his hunter. Tuma managed to knock the elusive monarch into brackish pools by throwing her granite dagger when he was on the edge, but hardly managed to harm him before he moved along. At one point he barely escaped the edge of a waterfall as she closed in. Finally, Tuma managed to catch up for a hot moment after pelting him with stones and clumps of sand, and with a desperate lunge clove off his leg. A short, brutal scuffle ensued until Tol's head was flung into the upper branches of a silver birch tree. After recovering the head, Tuma hid the body of a mechanic whom Tol had converted as a distraction during the pursuit, and assumed the identity of a wandering prophet in order to mask the incident. Unfortunately, news travels fast and the lord knew exactly who had decapitated the peasant in passing, master vampire or no. Tuma's attempts at conversation were met only with coughed-up saliva.

There was still the matter of that turned guard, who Tuma identified and called out, and then attacked. All of his buddies had no question about their loyalties, and it soon became apparent that there were two slabs present for a reason: the lord, too, was a vampire, and quickly fled. After a brief scuffle with a vampiric lasher Tuma escaped mostly intact minus a few deep scars and shattered bones. The lord was pleased and sent Tuma to kill another vampire, though the pikemen still weren't impressed by her account of slaying a master vampire. Perhaps you will find your dream of romance one day, Tuma. Tuma travelled to the lair on the outskirts of the hamlet and strolled down the hole, in past a couple of scattered goods and met a human. She immediately accused him of being a night creature but he protested his innocence. She asked where the vampire was and the greasy-haired human insisted that he was here but did not know where. Then Tuma looked behind him. She demanded that the monster disarm and then blocked off the door after striking at at. At one point he was flung over Tuma's head and escaped so now Tuma is pursuing a master vampire through the woods and forest again,

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15311 on: October 05, 2018, 11:06:11 am »

I started as a drow (dark elf with ethics similar to goblins and they live underground like dwarves) and immediately looked for a town. I went to a town and found a temple but it was a ruin so I left for another town. In the other town, there WAS a functioning temple. I toppled a statue and became a vampire.

Than I just wandered looking for things to do. Eventually I found a sanguine dragon (from adventurecraft, it's a bloodsucking undead dragon creature). I fought it for a long time until it finally died of blood loss.

I carved it's skull into a helmet and the rest of it's bones into armor. Than I turned it's scales into leggings because EPIC DRAGON ARMOR.

So now I'm just this wandering dark elf with dragon armor. Oh and also I turned one of it's claws into a dagger because you can do that with adventurecraft.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #15312 on: October 06, 2018, 07:54:02 pm »

Was attacked by bogeymen, but (as I'm a vampire) led them towards a necromancer tower. The slaughter on both sides was, needless to say, incredible.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15313 on: October 07, 2018, 12:30:53 pm »

Me an' my frost giant palls are stealing cattle and fresh produce from the small folk.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15314 on: October 07, 2018, 02:59:04 pm »

Aghast, Tuma looked around for a horse or other means of catching up.

Was that just for the storytelling purpose or is there really a way now already to use mounts? :o
Awesome story by the way! The game really threw a nice curve-ball there with the lord being a vampire too.

As for my own adventure, I dug myself a proverbial hole in where I burnt out and had to take a break. Thing is I fine combed through an entire blood elf village and its keep/hall with no item on dead elves left unchecked and sorted. I exhausted myself out with sorting and collecting skulls. Now I'm in a second blood elf village and this time I just simply glance over items and not bother getting skulls unless it's something or someone important and so far it's proving to be much better approach.

In a hindsight.. I really am a minotaur of demonic proportions as I can get carried away with my own ideas to a fault. After I'm done with my ischroforged-draenei lass character I'm gonna go back to my ischrotaur roots.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 03:18:32 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky
Pages: 1 ... 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 ... 1103