Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2013751 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15345 on: November 18, 2018, 01:02:02 pm »

Discovered that if you jump at people they will either dodge out of the way without any regard for their safety or you will slam into them knocking them back several tiles and injuring them without drawing aggro. Spent several hours making goblins and bandits dodge down stairwells, into pits of lava, and into 'bottomless' pits. Especially fun as a finishing move on a goblin in a dark pit with all those ravines in them.

This was my main method of attack for one of my old adventurers -- run up to fleeing opponent, cut their leg to make them unable to dodge quickly, then repeatedly jump into them while carrying my thousand-pound backpack of doom. It's actually a pretty quick way to destroy them.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #15346 on: November 18, 2018, 03:07:47 pm »

"Gee, the only volcano in this world is on the same tile as a human hamlet, I wonder whether the embark screen isn't a little confused"

Oh.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15347 on: November 18, 2018, 03:26:14 pm »

"Greetings, traveler! Come sit by the fire!"

Pyoro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15348 on: November 20, 2018, 10:45:32 pm »

So I'm currently playing an adventurer who's goal is to exterminate all the night trolls, and something happened that I've never seen happen before.

My man Ohe had just killed another night troll, who left him wounded pretty bad. In order to "save" him from bleeding to death, I had use dfhack to bodyswap to one of his companions, and then I fast traveled to and back to where he was. When I bodyswapped back, I noticed that Ohe had made himself some jewlery from the night troll and the dead goblins in the area!

Oh, and he also got some nice clothes and a pocket full of money from somewhere.

Truncatedurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15349 on: November 20, 2018, 11:40:39 pm »

Loaded up a heavily modded world dominated by orcs. Made a human adventurer (only 8 living humans) with the intent to kill all orcs but instead body-swapped with random npcs edited their attributes with dfhack and gave them berserk moods.

SectEVOn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15350 on: November 21, 2018, 07:09:54 pm »

I managed to scare them off by surrendering and then jumping through the horde which caused several of them to flying, then I got them to chase me through town by dodging backward around houses and cutting off bits of them until they ran off. Then I drove off several other groups because my civ was at war with all the elves, and then my save corrupted and it crashed every time I tried to load ;-; and it was such an interesting world too, where after 550 years elves were the dominant species instead of goblins like usual.

XXX_ANUBIS_XXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15351 on: November 21, 2018, 08:30:23 pm »

Had a VERY strong character. By this I mean I had leveled the stats to near godlike proportion. Ergo, this run is getting kinda bored. I look at my character sheet and inventory, wondering what to do now. I see that, despite playing for god knows how long, my character is clean-blooded. He's neither a vampire nor a werewolf. Time to kick down some statues. I become a vampire. I realize my strength has doubled, so it's time to find something bigger than my war hammer. I look around me. I realize the statue is bigger than my warhammer. So goes the tale of Urist McVampire, the statue killer.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #15352 on: November 22, 2018, 05:58:55 pm »

Okay, went with my two axemen to fight some bandits... whole bandit camp is filled with zombies o_o

Tried to avoid the place, it was a lagfest(and by lag I mean, a single tick took like 3 minutes), but got followed by an ambush. They slaugthered my three member party for obvious reasons.

So, I decided to look at the legends to figure out what was up... Camp didn't exist anymore, but there had been two demons that showed up around the same time I got slaughtered who started slaughtering zombies there left and right, and the legends page for that region mentions of zombies dying by falling into an abyss. Really strange.

Also, best cat:

Quote from: Dwarf Fortress Legends Mode
Unnamed female cat

This nameless being was a cat born in 271. She was of unknown parentage.

In the late winter of 275, the cat disturbed The Strifeful Crypts in Nestledbeak.

Related Entities

The Disemboweled Fellowship (member)
  The Factional Kingdom (member)

Related Sites

Nestledbeak (home)

There's some really strange things happening in this world:

In the  early spring  of 276, the forgotten beast Usu Deephate,  as "the elf the beast  hunter  Buqui  Onionsweeps  of The  Factional Kingdom",  formed  a  false friendship  with the  elf  Ameli  Festivehelms, as  "the elf  the pilgrim  Olith Tongssoldier  of The  Factional  Kingdom", in  order to  extract information  in  Nestledbeak

There's like, a few of these, so obviously forgotten beasts are way more charismatic in world sim than they are in fortress mode... But between these and the demons, I am starting to wonder if there's some path to the underworld opened up or something. Gonna try and check that out.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #15353 on: November 22, 2018, 06:05:13 pm »

Okay, went with my two axemen to fight some bandits... whole bandit camp is filled with zombies o_o

It might be a necromancer's camp. You might be able to nab a slab more easily here, what with there not being a tower there. That's how I got the only slab I've ever gotten in adventure mode...

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #15354 on: November 22, 2018, 07:11:10 pm »

It might be a necromancer's camp. You might be able to nab a slab more easily here, what with there not being a tower there. That's how I got the only slab I've ever gotten in adventure mode...

Well going back there, it seems poking at the camp opened up the jack in a box. Going back with a different adventurer lead to seeing the whole area crawling with asterisks, and several of the nearby towns destroyed o_O.

Quote from:  Dwarf Fortress Legends Mode
Udda Unpa, "The Brunches of Compassion"

The Brunches of Compassion was a human bandit gang from the Universe of Dawning.

In the late winter of 13, the human necromancer Galel Threeuttered became the leader of The Brunches of Compassion.

I guess what surprises me most is that necromancers without a tower are considered just mere bandits instead of bone-chilling horror. I honestly thought the Dwarf civ to the west of this area was the only one with a crazy-pants king becoming a necromancer.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15355 on: November 23, 2018, 02:43:22 pm »

that probably because those are bandits/or nomads(?) who learn necromancy vs the necromancers who just wanted to learn the dark arts in peace.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Truncatedurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15356 on: November 23, 2018, 07:59:36 pm »

Update on orc slaying found an orc controlled town got bit by a vampire... Turns out nearly everybody I've seen is a master vanpire.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #15357 on: November 24, 2018, 12:54:03 pm »

Update on orc slaying found an orc controlled town got bit by a vampire... Turns out nearly everybody I've seen is a master vanpire.

Cut off enough limbs to create a pool of blood, and gain the power of vampirism without the risk of becoming a wete-llama.

Truncatedurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15358 on: November 24, 2018, 02:13:48 pm »

Literally every sentient I've seen is a Vampire what happened in this world? http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14127
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 01:11:27 am by Truncatedurist »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15359 on: November 24, 2018, 02:18:20 pm »

Literally every sentient I've seen is a Vampire what happened in this world?
I'm afraid it's worse than we thought... It appears someone actually watched Daybreakers.
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 1103