Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1025 1026 [1027] 1028 1029 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2016672 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15390 on: January 14, 2019, 10:08:28 pm »

uhh realize I can store companions on to the camp by just disbanding them, which means I can set them to zones before disbandment and possibly store units in spots and organize them... probably see if I can get those undead to one spot, but this means the necromancers around the camp can be safely moved to a spot where they don't get mauled or murdered, also all those who aren't undead.

and since this camp seem to have 2 underground camp pockets I could just store folks there maybe make it a zoo or prison.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15391 on: January 15, 2019, 05:12:40 pm »

Didnt find that artifact in the cave loot pile. Thought id slip away while i had the chance but instead got chased down by the tamed giant cave spiders (who were slaughtering all the resident animal people too.) They bit me, and i made it all the way to the hatchery where i suffocated on a pile od peregrine falcon woman eggs. So that was a short adventure!

I generated a new world for some new adventures, and its been entertaining so far. I started out a gnoll peasant named Aru Ombaisun (Riverbasis) in a dead civ where the only option was a single hamlet controlled by a bandit gang. More like a small army. There are 85 or so residents and theyre all bandits. They couldnt tell me shit about whats going on in the world and there was "no room" (obviously!) for me to join the gang myself. Although presumably ive lived there my entire life and theres nothing there but the gang so... Makes sense dont it?

Went to the hamlet next door; its run by elves, the administrator and one guard are the only people in the keep. So i spend a night there and the next morning theres a huge fight. Apparently a bandit axeman from one of over a dozen nearby bandit gangs, maybe even my hometown, dropped in and decided to start hackimg away at the elves and has just about killed them. So i intervene, and after a lengthy fight i finally disarm him, put him on the ground, and finally kill him. I decide its too dangerous to be on the side of the law in bandit country and immediately head north; the administrator had told me about a den where a wild ape woman made its home. I drop in and catch her by surprise, slit her throat and after some more fighting she bleeds to death. She was holding four artifacts: a bronze crossbow, a rutile ring, a chert mug, and a musical instrument. I take them all and head towards yet another lair and get lucky there too.

This lair contains another night creature's spouse, this time a randomly generated one, who possesses some really fancy artifact troll fur pants. After a long fight i relieve him of his pants, but dont put them on before another spouse enters the room and attacks me. Another long drawn out fight and hes lying in a pool of blood. These guys and their parrying skills, man. All they have is copper kitchen utensils, but it takes forever to disarm them, or hit them at all, due to the parrying.

So i finally get my pants on, and head over to the dwarven hillocks next door, where the drunks are smitten with not only my fancy pants and ring (i hid everything else in my backpack) but also my killing three terrible night creatures and a bandit, as well as telling it all like a big story instead of just reciting rumors. When i finally find the militia commander, purportedly fhe only dwarf in town who can tell me where to find distant megabeasts, i learn the mayor is looking for that mug i pilfered. So i go back to her and trade her this mug in return for all of her clothing, which is a great deal apparently, and shes very grateful to finally possess the stationery of her office. Sans the pants, of course. But i asked for the clothes for shits and giggles, so i toss it all on the floor.

Then we start talking about other missing treasures. Theres this guy named sibrek in Mythseal a days travel north, through the mountains, who wants pretty much every artifact in the world, it seems. Two are apparently lost in the wilderness, no hope there. Theres one ettin in The Heart of Infamy, a nearby cave, who possesses one, and... at least three separate ettins, and over a dozen artifacts, in a cave further north by the name of Chillheart the Epidemic of Metals, another cave.

So i guess thats where im going. Sibrek is mad if he thinks hes getting all of these artifacts, theres at least one silver short sword and silver mace among them, and damn right im claiming a finders fee.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 07:24:37 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

blister_pack

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil biome package of hairy goodies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15392 on: January 17, 2019, 05:49:27 am »

Still riding in minecart around all the tunnels of both dwarven civs crammed into one mountain range. Noticed one more thing: web doesn't affect you when you're in minecart. You can even pick it up when you're occupying the same tile, in a fly. Got to test it for the dwarf mode somehow: dwarven minecart marksdwarf cavalry vs GCS. or some web weaving FB even better, not to waste perfectly good GCSs.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15393 on: January 17, 2019, 07:13:54 am »

Still riding in minecart around all the tunnels of both dwarven civs crammed into one mountain range. Noticed one more thing: web doesn't affect you when you're in minecart. You can even pick it up when you're occupying the same tile, in a fly. Got to test it for the dwarf mode somehow: dwarven minecart marksdwarf cavalry vs GCS. or some web weaving FB even better, not to waste perfectly good GCSs.
oh good another person figured out the minecart-fu of Pushing away whiled webbed in a minecart. you could just set up a minecart launcher

in other news this happen to me recently:
"oh wait I'm being attacked by night trolls huh?"

"wait these aren't night trolls, bogeybandits"

"oh Axe wielding Bogeybandits."

so now I learn of the other side of the coin of making civil bogeymen they can and will join bandit groups and having to fight bogeymen out of the cackling with armor and weapons.
"body swapping and YOU!"

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15394 on: January 17, 2019, 04:02:24 pm »

So i guess thats where im going. Sibrek is mad if he thinks hes getting all of these artifacts, theres at least one silver short sword and silver mace among them, and damn right im claiming a finders fee.

I'd def keep the dense heavy mace and give him that dull sword :D I mean the silver short sword is an abomination only matched by a silver spear.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #15395 on: January 17, 2019, 04:33:55 pm »

Is that a demon leather cloak? What did you do?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15396 on: January 17, 2019, 05:00:56 pm »

Is that a demon leather cloak? What did you do?
oh that simple the town that bandit came from had domesticated demons and spider-folk and dwarves and goblins
a modification of entity raws using the animal tokens. doing this unlock playable RNG demons and bogeymen and civilian of those kinds as it also gave me bogeyman and demon bandits... oh yeah I scanned the encounter a bit and notice there was a demon bandit in the group so uhh yeah that's something to worry about later.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Blankenship

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15397 on: January 18, 2019, 06:14:44 pm »

Can you not become a necromancer if you are already a vampire?  My current adventurer has read the slab that gives the text "the secrets to life and death" but I don't gain the ability to raise the dead.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #15398 on: January 18, 2019, 08:27:49 pm »

Can you not become a necromancer if you are already a vampire?  My current adventurer has read the slab that gives the text "the secrets to life and death" but I don't gain the ability to raise the dead.
Are you like an elf or something? Vampire necromancers are super common but you have to be a mortal race to be a necromancer.

Blankenship

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15399 on: January 18, 2019, 09:03:22 pm »

Are you like an elf or something? Vampire necromancers are super common but you have to be a mortal race to be a necromancer.

That would explain it then, yeah she is an elf.  Oh well, I guess shes still pretty much unkillable at this point being legendary in quite a few combat skills and a vampire with superior stats.  Thanks for the help.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15400 on: January 18, 2019, 11:11:53 pm »

Swaddled in wool from dwarves who died during a fortress insurrection, Imush's eastward travel has been over mountain range to a third fortress: Criedabbeys.

In its library, Imush reads up on 7 varying topics that may be of interest to any traveling archer wanting to know how to navigate the wilds: a book about sundials, then wind, rainfall, star charts, animal migration, maps and lastly climate zones. Since there is introspective need, he keeps Exploration of Wind Patterns and Discovering Rainfall and Rivers for company on his travels. They each weigh <1r. Managing encumbrance toward 1.000 walking speed is a concern for slow travel runs, as higher encumbrance is a time eater.

In mapping out future NPC encounters, hunting requires arrows for bleed outs with wrestling/strangling for finishes; this is covered. Potentially unavoidable non-hunting combats will (mostly RP-wise) require an edged with enough contact area to cleave, or with armored units, a focused percussive blunt. Imush visits the trade depot to see what they have. Nothing. He decides to visit the warehouse level as the goods offered will differ.

Foot traffic around the spiral ramp is high, so Imush waits an hour, offloading the site which clears the way downward. At warehouse level, he picks up a sword and a large dagger, both made from iron, along with a copper war hammer. Handling any fort-owned item will strip its ownership tags unfortunately, but as there's no way to trade for warehouse items, this mess kinda/sorta works itself out.

Once he's resurfaced at depot level he gives the broker roughly equivalent exchange: his starting copper (spear & dagger) along with an iron mail hood and an iron knife.

As this taiga is the uppermost region of the world, Imush begins filling out the map with talks about surrounding area. North are night troll lairs. Southeast are forest retreats. Imush returns west at run speed 1.808 over the mountains to visit the last two visible fortresses. There he might swap copper blunt for silver and maybe acquire either a textile garment defense and go Green Knight medieval, or the right leather and go rangery D&D. Then perhaps it's time to head south hoping for human lands.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15401 on: January 21, 2019, 11:37:59 pm »

currently using this transporting camp as an ambush trap for bandits and watching them get mauled by zombie camels, don't know if the biome has any reanimating properties or that's it just spawns zombie critters. hopefully one day I will find a husk emitting area to build a camp on then roam the lands building an husk army.
"body swapping and YOU!"

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15402 on: January 24, 2019, 11:13:18 am »

After exiting the mountain range, the game loaded the fourth fortress area and crashed. Hadn't saved since Imush had read his books at Criedabbeys. Time to redo the trades.

What I realized from the last trade experience was if you give items (while asking for nothing in return) through the "Trade or settle debts" submenu at a trade depot/marketplace/shop, the game will add $site_ownership_tags$ to the item(s).

Now while $ownership_tags$ are broken in general, this is the way you can actually trade for warehouse level items and not feel like it's unofficial or theft. It also ensures that you trade for equal value or more, particularly when you have no idea what the item is worth.

$Ownership_tags$ are like the mucus film covering a fish and your character handling any owned items is like a dry hand picking up that fish and messing up its film. To limit the contamination, Imush picks up just the $iron sword$ from the warehouse level because I don't know if he can trade for all the stuff he got last time. He drops the sword and waits an hour. Site offload removes the $ownership_tags$. He returns to the trade depot and gives it to the broker through the "Trade or settle debts" submenu to re-add the $ownership_tags$.

I thought the iron mail hood would be a fair exchange for the $iron sword$ because armor > weapons, but Imush had to add an iron knife to push the trade through. Skipped the other trades as both copper spear and dagger for either just the iron dagger or the copper war hammer seemed too expensive.

Like before, Imush briefly asks about surroundings. While I know what's around the area, he needs to ask for himself. Nigh trolls up north? Check. Forest retreats southeast? Same same.

But a thing changed when he spoke with an elf groundskeeper. The cyclops whose lair had appeared in the southeast through ask about surroundings pre-crash was now linked to a series of 20 killings.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Imush has a minor need to fight and so instead of crossing the mountain range again to fort visit, he;ll first head southeast.

UristVanHelsing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15403 on: January 27, 2019, 12:07:42 am »

Managed to resurrect both an intact dragon and pterosaur as my companions. Turns out they're useless without their fire breath. Could barely take out some dingoes.
You could always spread it around and paint the floor of your house with the blood of your enemies.
You could very well go for a Christmas themed house, all green and red from blood and vomit. Deck the halls with spilled intestines. Fa la la la la, la la la la!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15404 on: January 27, 2019, 02:41:18 am »

Well playing around with the corrosion mod (with a faster infect rate)and pretty much got a band of roaming mercenaries that live in a tavern(said tavern teleports due to boat camp dfhackery), going around towns picking up jobs to clear out bandit camps. the catch is the bandit camps always seem to be infected so it a task of rolling up to the infected camp with fresh recruits watch them run in and murder the zombies, hope they don't bit in the process. and try to grab the loot for the Tavern. pretty fun experience ended up with some characters like Alir who was a spearwoman who lost her leg in I think a bandit incident and now just plays music in the tavern, and a serpent woman I nickname pepper who has a pepper box rifle. the character I force to be in this line of work is a barkscorpionperson name Ade.

the folks I round up for the heist that survive the zombiecamp encounter gets to go again for next time or retire at the camp. the tavern been lively with the folks running to the drinking area that stockpiles all the booze I pilfered from other taverns, and the dance room that resides in a dug out hole in a wall across a road.
Spoiler:  art of alir (click to show/hide)

so far this experience feels like a mix between Fort mode and Adventure mode, and I haven't had figure out a goal for this save.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 1025 1026 [1027] 1028 1029 ... 1103