Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1995202 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15436 on: February 07, 2019, 11:09:50 pm »

Released episode 2 immediately: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YR--rp3PIY
I am an indie game dev!

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15437 on: February 08, 2019, 01:47:07 pm »

It would appear that Untrustedlife is indeed using width parameters already.
Ack! I guess I'll have to live with the size then >_<

You can enter a value for the width, and place the img within a spoiler:
Code: [Select]
[spoiler](click thumbnail to expand)
[img width=450]https://i.imgur.com/VWDylXp.png[/img]
[/spoiler]
Accommodates various devices and screen sizes.

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15438 on: February 08, 2019, 03:11:22 pm »

I used an adv mode crafting mod to make spleen-filled donuts. My current adventure companion is a harpy vampire (didn't find them as a vampire, I modded harpy wings to have [GRASP] and gave them a goblet of my blood).

So drinking blood to become a vampire is working properly in your game? When i tried in my 2025 year old world i drank a vampires blood and didnt become a vampire.
Yes but it might not have worked on ME, I just used the temple method.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15439 on: February 08, 2019, 10:35:40 pm »

A dwarf spearmaster just bashed my most recent character's head in with the book he wrote half a century earlier. xD
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15440 on: February 09, 2019, 12:59:06 am »

A dwarf spearmaster just bashed my most recent character's head in with the book he wrote half a century earlier. xD
What's the book about? Anything ironic?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #15441 on: February 09, 2019, 08:34:11 am »

I massacred an entire fortress, and I returned after some vault diving (through the death-defying magic of DFhack) and now there are dwarf and goblin corpses and their clothes stuck in the walls. Bizarrely, nothing else was shifted into a wall.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15442 on: February 09, 2019, 12:35:31 pm »

What's the book about? Anything ironic?

Not particularly, sadly. Just a generic title about heliocentrism. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15443 on: February 09, 2019, 07:55:43 pm »

So a lord named Rope Tellvault who was the lord of a local meadhall sent my adventurer, a wide eyed young ambitious swordsman named Ino Pointedstable. On a suicide mission to a nearby tomb called Bowbent. How did this happen you ask? Well.

You see in my ambition to become the legendary hero i was destined to become I had inquired about local troubles and Rope notified me that bandits had moved into a nearby tomb, called Bowbents. He told me to go to a tomb and take out the bandits there. Being the ambitious swordsman i was, and thinking nothing of bandits, as why would a bandit be able to kill me, HA. I took him up on his challenge. I traveled to the tomb, and started looking, and in the process of looking, and breaking into several tombs, every single one in fact, i ran into several traps, breaking my legs, destroying my liver, and brusing my spleen. My cuts later became infected, but i was still looking for the bandits as they have to be here somewhere, right. Several very dangerous traps, and no bandits anywhere later. I decided to bail, and was easily slaughtered by bogeymen in the night.

However, it Turns out there were no bandits there, in fact no bandits had ever moved into that place in its entire history. I checked legends later to see what was up, and it turns out he (Rope) had recently become obsessed with his mortality and sought to extend his life by any means.

I unfortunately died looking for the non-existent bandits there.

The only time i've ever been lied to in this game before this was when a vampire told me to go to a cave (with a dragon in it), to take out bandits. So this came as a surprise to me.

TLDR: In other words, i was sent on a mission to my own oblivion, probably because he was worried i would kill him later. Or, as i like to imagine, as some part of a ritual to extend his life, by any means. Via the death of unwitting wide eyed young adventurers.

My dead adventurer:

The Lord:

The tomb of Bowbent

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 08:19:20 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15444 on: February 09, 2019, 08:23:43 pm »

That's really cool! :) I had no idea NPCs in the current version of DF were capable of that kind of foresight or manipulation. Guess Toady already had a basic framework for villain schemes, he just needed to expand on it and get a bunch of convoluted networks in order. :P

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #15445 on: February 09, 2019, 08:45:02 pm »

Quote from: Legends Mode
In the midspring of 964, the human Eri Exitcreatures settled in Bowbent.
How did Eri Exitcreatures settle in a tomb without disturbing it? Did that guy just settle in the area around it?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15446 on: February 10, 2019, 04:36:12 am »

Quote from: Legends Mode
In the midspring of 964, the human Eri Exitcreatures settled in Bowbent.
How did Eri Exitcreatures settle in a tomb without disturbing it? Did that guy just settle in the area around it?
You arrive, and then you never leave. Sounds pretty "settled" to me.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15447 on: February 11, 2019, 11:56:31 pm »

I am a were cayote

« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 12:04:39 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #15448 on: February 16, 2019, 05:09:19 pm »

I've never "legitimately" claimed a slab. I think I'll doing that.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
  • RIP Emeg Orglebeamed, the Domination of Castles
    • View Profile
« Reply #15449 on: February 17, 2019, 07:55:55 pm »

I've been messing around and adding entities things to my Masterwork world. Recently, while my human hero was visiting a village's well for water, he ran into a crowd of (fully geared) dark-elf prisoners crying for help, being driven along by their grey dwarf captors. He offered to free them, and the dark elves suddenly decided that they were free and joined my party. My company of three grey dwarf mercenaries ended up being supplemented by 10 dark elf wrestlers and an arquebus-bearing master crossbowelf. We easily overwhelmed their former captors. Later, we ran into another group of prisoners, but this time when I took the initiative and ambushed their captor, the prisoners panicked, perforated my hero with crossbow bolts, and then fled after wounding most of my party. I guess they thought that we meant to kill them all. The hero's adventure ended when visiting a dwarf fortress that had been claimed as a base by a fledgling necromancer. The undead hordes decimated his party and he plunged his body into the magma forges to avoid service in undeath.
Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 ... 1103