Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1031 1032 [1033] 1034 1035 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994879 times)

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15480 on: February 26, 2019, 10:10:09 am »

Finally got the gorlak spearman from my hometown to join my party. When I first met him (starting as an Elven peasant) he scorned me - "Ha! Such enthusiasm for one such as you" - so I set out killing beasts and monsters to raise my fame; but no matter what I accomplished he never agreed to travel with me. After several trips around the island, culminating in my killing of a cyclops and a giant, he finally joined up; yet he still won't acknowledge that I did anything interesting. When everyone else greets me as a "hero" he only thinks of me as "a pleasure to speak with." Perhaps he's too distracted by his search for immortality...
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15481 on: February 26, 2019, 11:17:28 am »

Scribble down the essentials and start printing hundreds of necromantic Chick tracts.

"I tell you, Armok is the only way!"
"HAW HAW HAW"
They hated Urist, because he spoke the truth.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15482 on: February 27, 2019, 01:50:38 am »

I killed a vampire who was a king(lawgiver), drank his blood, became a vampire, then assumed a false identity, then became a necromancer, and built a wooden tower with my zombies, as i am building the tower, human soldiers keep intruding on us and I keep killing them for more zombies, and they keep spitting at me and calling me a murderer for killing their king as my zombies are ripping them apart, this is awesome, i feel like an actual dungeon lord dealing with pesky heroes, also i placed the kings skull on a pedastal on the third floor of my tower for fun its great.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15483 on: February 27, 2019, 04:48:51 pm »

My necromancer tower so far:

I am an indie game dev!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15484 on: February 27, 2019, 04:57:51 pm »

heres a gif of it:
I am an indie game dev!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15485 on: March 01, 2019, 12:49:29 pm »

Aww cool, your minions build stuff for you? I gotta try this!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15486 on: March 01, 2019, 04:44:20 pm »

"My liege! A terrible force of darkness! The great vampire necromancer has raised a vast army of the dead through foul magics!"

"This is troubling news indeed... How much time do we have? Do they march upon us?"

"No sire. He appears to be commanding them to construct several gigantic wooden dongs across the countryside."

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15487 on: March 01, 2019, 05:18:16 pm »

"My liege! A terrible force of darkness! The great vampire necromancer has raised a vast army of the dead through foul magics!"

"This is troubling news indeed... How much time do we have? Do they march upon us?"

"No sire. He appears to be commanding them to construct several gigantic wooden dongs across the countryside."
Its times like these where i wish i could upvote stuff on here.
I am an indie game dev!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15488 on: March 01, 2019, 05:37:24 pm »

magic didnt save this sorcerer
I am an indie game dev!

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15489 on: March 02, 2019, 12:35:54 am »

Ended up mod tinkering and trimmed down weapon set sprawl, and so genned a new 1050 large region world.

Rolled a youthful 59 year old outsider peasant dwarf: Ud Beanstalk the Good. Like all fairy tale idiots brutish stock character heroes such as any Jack or the Boy Who set out to Learn What Fear Was, Ud starts with high strength. Like all vanilla DF brutish peasants, he also starts with novice biter. It's the most OP of skills as it the only one that can provide a character with 3 paths to XP (fighter, biter, wrestler), and functions like a war hammer combined with a grab attack. Bites can KO even semis and megas.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He'll gain XP only through combats as the high strength eliminates any roleplay reasoning for say swimming under a bridge or what not. ALso, Ud's start with a 2.906 sprint is due to the high/above avg combination of his strength and agility. Anything high 2.8 or into low 2.9 is pretty good. As to which stat is powering him into 2.9, it's unknown until the first fight. If agility tracks into high after one quick encounter, we'll know that he was gifted RNG for agility. If not, then the allotted numbers for strength put him into the meaty part of that range. It's a pleasant, meaningless trifle to guess at stuff like this.

And so we get to see which as his first day is spent hunting a wild boar. He uses wrestling grabs to pin the boar to its tile, removing its ability dodge, and after a few spear stabs it's over.
Agility remains at above average, so my guess is Ud's strength is the cause of that 2.9 sprint.

He gets meat, starting armor, and helm. To honor the boar in death, Ud eats its heart raw.
This is not without risk. While he enjoys raw heart, he also ends up having to ride out a fever. He's fine by dusk. Just a fun little syndrome making it a gamble to eat raw animal products.

When I rolled Ud, I gave him 1 degree of lack of cheer and initially that made him less prone to enthusiastic emotional responses, hence the first 4 shown below.
But being at Focused looks to have amplified his response levels. Didn't want to quash them completely by having him at the 3 degree of lack of cheer: is never happy or enthusiastic.

South there are wolves, and if Ud finds one he'll make a wolf fur cloak and hood and play this run as a berserker. It's the closest he'll get to a DCSS sort of animal skin. I guess I could have modded in a pelt of some sort.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 02:10:35 am by peasant cretin »

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #15490 on: March 02, 2019, 01:07:13 am »

What tileset is that?

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15492 on: March 06, 2019, 11:21:02 pm »

I was randomly made the administrator of a site (which is a human city, that was conquered by the elves like a thousand years ago)

Seems like every dungeon in this world is filled with rodent men

This one has a bunch of cave swallow men
V A R I E T Y
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 11:45:36 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15493 on: March 07, 2019, 01:17:50 pm »

Tragedy today. My newly minted bard left their starting village, off to the city to play some tunes for the locals. Along the road however, he was accosted by, well, demons. It wasn't much of a fight.

I have literally no idea why there were demons just mingling along the road, but I suspect some bug occurred with transporting subterranean creatures to the surface.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15494 on: March 07, 2019, 03:46:29 pm »

Tragedy today. My newly minted bard left their starting village, off to the city to play some tunes for the locals. Along the road however, he was accosted by, well, demons. It wasn't much of a fight.

I have literally no idea why there were demons just mingling along the road, but I suspect some bug occurred with transporting subterranean creatures to the surface.

Did you breech hell in some fort?
I am an indie game dev!
Pages: 1 ... 1031 1032 [1033] 1034 1035 ... 1103