Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1032 1033 [1034] 1035 1036 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1995265 times)

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15495 on: March 07, 2019, 04:09:12 pm »

Did you breech hell in some fort?

Nope, a fresh new world first time played.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15496 on: March 07, 2019, 04:52:50 pm »

Did you breech hell in some fort?

Nope, a fresh new world first time played.

To confirm it was a bug i would look up the demon that killed you
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15497 on: March 07, 2019, 05:40:39 pm »

Could be a goblin or human leader demon ousted in world gen and forced to live as an outlaw or something.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15498 on: March 07, 2019, 06:49:40 pm »

Naw, its single entry in legends mode is the killing of my adventurer. Its entry also appears directly after my adventures' so it only came into record during play.

I recall this particular bug (underground critters popping up to the surface after exiting fast travel) has already been reported. I'm pretty confident it was just that. Particularity because there was another identical type of demon with the one that actually did the killing.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #15499 on: March 07, 2019, 08:27:46 pm »

Created my first adventurer - managed to somehow get the first few people I met to ignore me as I figured out how the interactions worked - then died to a bogeyman not even 1 screen distance from where I entered the world.  Back to fort mode for a bit  :P

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15500 on: March 07, 2019, 10:55:32 pm »

Created my first adventurer - managed to somehow get the first few people I met to ignore me as I figured out how the interactions worked - then died to a bogeyman not even 1 screen distance from where I entered the world.  Back to fort mode for a bit  :P
You are missing out.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15501 on: March 08, 2019, 03:40:24 am »

I have literally no idea why there were demons just mingling along the road, but I suspect some bug occurred with transporting subterranean creatures to the surface.
This is what happens when you forget to bring your fiddle.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15502 on: March 08, 2019, 05:52:13 pm »

Ud Beanstalk doesn't come across any wolves, just endless snow. He witnesses a second bloody insurrection, and later makes his way to a cave occupied by a fat cyclops and yet another cave with a slim ettin.

Since Ud's not a civ-peasant, he couldn't be rolled with novice shield user. As an outsider who can't rely on a dabbling shield roll-to-block, he runs the quick attack + dodge away game, first to ground and then to induce the 50% debuff nausea penalty, before being willing to add in some wrestling grabs (for both XP and to pin to tile to remove opponent dodge), and work in shield blocking.

Finishing fights as quickly as possible is heavily governed by RNG at the beginning, so there isn't great way to estimate fight duration. While your character can play the endurance game and outlast a creature who doesn't have the NO_EXERT tag in their raws, you don't know what their endurance is compared to your character, and I don't remember if anyone ever spaded out the endurance cost of each action a PC/NPC takes.

Amount of blood loss is based on damage suffered, but how much blood a creature has might be size dependent, and there isn't a reliable way to estimate size via live creature description. I'd guess the test for all that might be to roll a character who could score a major artery rupture immediately, and begin tick counting until NPC death, then look at corpse size. And then do that again and again and again…

While you can engineer suffocation, this too is still influenced by RNG at the beginning. When you can reliably war hammer the neck, you're already a high level, and similarly could just spam a headshot.

Since the fat clops is in a cave, the RNG plopped out some giant cave spider webs. To speed up the clock, Ud dodges his way into the network of GCS webs, hoping the cyclops will path into one of them.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Getting an NPC into path-webbing itself opens up an undefended throat attack = major artery rupture. But he doesn't do this before leveling dabbling skills like wrestler/spear to novice.

Sadly, there are no GCS webs with the ettin, but there was an RNG throat attack. Just so random.
As with the clops, caves yield no weapons or armor. And since this (44.12) is a post-tavern arc release, the random pools of booze don't hold any sparkle.

Maybe Ud should have scavenged metal armor off those dead insurrection dwarves. Those were some nice steel mail shirts.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15503 on: March 08, 2019, 06:33:26 pm »

Rolled up Gido Chewedpelts, Grizzly Bear Man. Great skill in axe. Find a posse of elf corpses attacking a village, start picking them off one by one with disarming hand attacks followed by decapitation. Wipe the group, get ambushed by elves who chase me but don't attack. I ran away any way.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
  • RIP Emeg Orglebeamed, the Domination of Castles
    • View Profile
« Reply #15504 on: March 09, 2019, 10:43:09 pm »

I have literally no idea why there were demons just mingling along the road, but I suspect some bug occurred with transporting subterranean creatures to the surface.

I experienced this bug once. My adventurer was torn to pieces by giant glass spiders and web-spinning, noseless, flying green sheep.

brotundbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15505 on: March 09, 2019, 11:52:22 pm »

My beloved wrestler Grondo Bloodneck, chokehold champ of the Mountains of Glass, died today, but not without vengeance.

I got a little too cocky and tried to take down an entire necromancer tower without any companions, partially because last time they all died and were added to the waves of undead. I had the place whittled down to two necromancers- we'll call them Boris and Doris. While Grondo was having a blast choking out Doris, Boris spotted him from the next floor up and shot Grondo in the neck with a bolt, killing him instantly. I took a second to mourn him, then noticed the message stating that Grondo's corpse shuddered and began to move.

Clicked through the next few ticks out of curiosity only to watch Grondo rise as a zombie and immediately go back to attacking Doris. His fighting skills were fairly diminished (most of the time he just repeatedly grabbed and released her arms), but eventually he punched her in the head and exploded her skull into gore. With his vengeance complete, Grondo's corpse was relegated to standing over Doris' remains while Boris hid upstairs yelling about how he saw a battle and it was very alarming.

Rest in peace, Grondo Bloodneck. May Armok have mercy on your soul.

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
  • RIP Emeg Orglebeamed, the Domination of Castles
    • View Profile
« Reply #15506 on: March 14, 2019, 12:01:01 am »

I began exploring a new modded Masterwork world with a human paladin demigod from the Holy Kingdom, setting out with three hammermen after conversing with the king and a minor noble and a couple of scoundrels who were hanging out in the court. I found my lady in the village among the serfs and she sent me to slay a Ghul of Trickery somewhere to the east. Its lair was empty, so we visited a nearby village and spoke to that civ's king and some local nobles, each of whom wanted the same artifact left gauntlet for their own purposes. Heading back to the lair at nightfall, we ran into a cohort of 20 questing dwarves, humans, and succubi seeking an artifact iron bow on behalf of a Succubus noble, and each in turn wanted a different artifact and told us where they can be found. It turned out that the Ghul of Trickery was already deceased, so we returned and were sent further east to slay a night horror. On the way, we stopped for water by a river, and as my Paladin crossed the river, a demon swooped down and punched off his head. The underground pops bug strikes again.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #15507 on: March 16, 2019, 08:18:59 pm »

I was ordered to murder my lady's aunt who was a vampire. I looked into legend mode and apparently my lady's uncle is a wererbeast. It's a family of cursed people. Maybe Uvast the cheetah man should find himself another lady.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Swirlish God

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15508 on: March 16, 2019, 09:41:31 pm »

Learned that zombie hydras can heal.  :D

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #15509 on: March 16, 2019, 10:43:04 pm »

Learned that zombie hydras can heal.  :D
They can? That's interesting. I was fairly sure zombies do not heal at all.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.
Pages: 1 ... 1032 1033 [1034] 1035 1036 ... 1103