Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994716 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15540 on: April 10, 2019, 01:57:54 pm »

yeah, getting into a fight doesn't trigger that for some reason. you need to get into an argument.

Ah okay, that makes sense. Too bad my adventurer died from raiding a vault tho :(
Shoulda worn goose leather.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #15541 on: April 11, 2019, 11:05:29 pm »

Got bored, decided to start an adventure in my old fort (this world only has 1 of mine). Saw a guy talking to a mule.

EDIT: People talking to animals seems to be a running theme here. Take a look at these.

EDIT2 : That guy died, so I started a new one. Unfortunately, while trying to walk across a frozen ocean, parts of it started melting, utterly nuking any semblance of FPS. I swear, I'm using DFhack to teleport across on my next adventure, 'cause this is getting ridiculous.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 03:04:22 am by methylatedspirit »

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15542 on: April 12, 2019, 03:56:05 am »

Thad rampages across forest retreats of the elven civilisation. The elves surprisingly rarely fight back.
Unfortunately he lost his dagger after he stabbed an elf with it, then suplexed him off the tree. The elf's clothing saved the elf and he ran away with the dagger still in him.
Thad also only has one arrow left. He once picked up 30 maple arrows from a bowman, but these tend to disintegrate when they hit someone. They also only cause bruising.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15543 on: April 14, 2019, 08:13:43 am »

so my adventurer Lokum seems to keep writing biographies about a resident(raw ripped green glass angel) Art's being maceman named Yame Tinhills like about 28 biographies about the time the adventurer gave a book to Yame some of those books were autobiographies or biographies that might been about Yame getting a book.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #15544 on: April 14, 2019, 10:35:01 am »

My adventurer, Dumed, has returned from a prolonged trip in the caverns, the main goal of which was to get to an island in the middle of nowhere. I had to use flashstep to actually get on to the island, since it didn't have a cavern entrance, and I had to questport to get back to the cave that started this whole excursion.
It's not a total loss, though; over the course of this bizarre adventure, Dumed has become one of the best adventurers I've had in a while, even though I never really had a plan in mind for this guy.
Spoiler: Skills and attributes (click to show/hide)

Wallyom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15545 on: April 14, 2019, 11:52:48 pm »

I found an army of humans just casually marching around and decided to trail them. I was slightly worried that eventually I would have to stop and get some sleep, and end up losing sight of the army. To my surprise, when night came down, they just camped in and went to sleep in their tents. I didn’t know that they could do that. Neat!

Hopefully theiy are marching on some vilage or other kinds of !FUN!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #15546 on: April 15, 2019, 04:08:49 am »

Killed a named giant bat and, as is my M.O., decided to carve a bunch of figurines out of her bones. As some kind of joke, I wanted to make a figurine of her made out of her bones.

Oof.

EDIT: Since I had the manpower, I decided to build what can technically be called a memorial to the batwoman.

To be as vain as possible, I decided to name and claim this place. What follows is the announcement I got.

At the center is a pedestal, with a masterwork figurine of Nusgoz Wealthlearning made out of her bones in it.

At the northern edge, there's a coffin containing an exceptional figurine of the same person made out of the same material.

There's a cabinet containing many bone figurines. Somewhere between 126 and 140 figurines, judging by how many separate screenshots I needed to take.
Spoiler: Contents (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 02:44:37 am by methylatedspirit »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #15547 on: April 15, 2019, 01:47:13 pm »

Killed a named giant bat and, as is my M.O., decided to carve a bunch of figurines out of her bones. As some kind of joke, I wanted to make a figurine of her made out of her bones.

Oof.
Not 100% sure, but I think it just means it is the only historical figure of its kind, not the only living one.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Kalvash

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15548 on: April 16, 2019, 08:01:02 am »

Recently tried to swim across a river about 4 tiles across. River froze solid halfway across  :-\

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #15549 on: April 16, 2019, 11:08:13 am »

One of my elf companions, Nithe, somehow still has her right upper leg, despite her severed right upper leg being in my inventory.

How did she simultaneously lose and not lose her leg?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15550 on: April 16, 2019, 11:50:04 am »

Did she undergo a trasformation? (A werebeast transformation for example?) When transforming, a creature is fully healed, so unless she lost the leg in the same combat as the one in which she gained all the other wounds, she could be a werebeast.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15551 on: April 16, 2019, 12:12:27 pm »

Did she transform into something?

Or, worse yet, did she accumulate the injuries making her leg yellow in the wounds screen there from a monster like a dragon? Ive had cases where an injury sustained by combat with a megabeast will revert to the injured state again if you leave the map after damaging it some more.

One of my companions in an older game had his foot ripped off by a leviathan. I used a transformation spell to heal it, but after letting that wear off, giving him his boot back and stuff, and fast travelling, he was once again footless.

The real issue though, is why youre carrying her leg around...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #15552 on: April 16, 2019, 12:29:40 pm »

The real issue though, is why youre carrying her leg around...
It's a Souvenir.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 05:29:13 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #15553 on: April 16, 2019, 05:28:33 pm »

I don't think that she transformed; if she did, I would've died during my cavern adventure. That leaves accumulated injuries as the only cause, given that I did kill a roc and ettin earlier.

Vicious_Unicycle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15554 on: April 17, 2019, 11:27:14 am »

I started my adventure in the dwarven capital Nationworks, evidently a member of the fortress guard named Deduk Pickshoots. I asked around and found out that the goblins were marching on Nationworks! I started shouting around offering to lead people to safety. I got about 5 dwarves following me around at one point, but for whatever reason only 2 of them stuck around after I got out of the fortress, Asmel and Rakust. Asmel was actually a member of the fortress guard as well. Neither of them had any family to seek out, so I opted to head for a temple of Rash Guardhealer, dwarven goddess of Death, War, Fortresses, Jewels, and Wealth (Deduk's object of worship and my personal favorite deity in this setting).

Along the way, we briefly passed through goblin territory. There we chanced across the dwarven slave Zaneg, who begged us to help him escape. The more the merrier I figured. After conversing with him a bit, I realized Zaneg was an ardent worshipper of Rash as well! The 4 of us continued south towards the temple, traveling along the main road, hunting camels for food and ravens for sport.

Eventually, the main road cut through a mountain range, meaning I'd have to travel the slow way to proceed. The hike through the mountains was fairly uneventful. Asmel, Rakust, and Zaneg chatted amongst themselves as we walked. They seemed to get along. But unbeknownst to me, something was boiling just under the surface...

Zaneg and Asmel got into an argument. I don't even remember what it was about. Something stupid. Zaneg tried to deflect the argument with flattery. And Asmel did not like that one bit. She decided to settle it with a good old-fashioned beatdown. She flew into a rage, throwing punch after bone-breaking punch at the freed slave! By the time I even realized what was going on, she had already rendered him paraplegic! Rakust joined the fight, coming to Zaneg's defense. I tried to get Asmel to yield, but she was lost in rage and beyond reason. I sheathed my sword and attempted to wrestle her into submission. She drew her crossbow and shot a bolt right into my liver! I tried to get her to yield again, but still she refused to listen. I soon realized that the fight had escalated beyond the point of no return. No Quarter would be given, and so none would be offered. I drew my sword. It wasn't pretty. It wasn't quick. But the fight came to an end as Asmel's head sailed off in an arc.

Zaneg succumbed to his wounds shortly after. I said a prayer to Rash on his behalf. Rakust refused to speak to me. Anytime I tried, she just spat and called me a murderer. She still traveled with me though. We continued on our journey. Eventually, I managed to persuade her of the nuances of loyalty (even though Deduk himself doesn't truly believe that). When we got to the next fortress on our path, I decided to carve some bone figurines. I made four. One depicting each of the members of our little band of refugees, carved from the bones of the camels we hunted together. I gave Rakust the one depicting her. She doesn't spit or call me a murderer anymore. I think she's forgiven me.
Pages: 1 ... 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 ... 1103