Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994704 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15585 on: May 18, 2019, 09:00:19 pm »

Are the tracks persistent, or will they go once the adventure ends? I am wondering if it's feasible to make a transcontinental railway.

I assume they persist; it worked for this person.
That's made using fort mode, though. I used to have problems with buildings disappearing and terrain returning to the way it was prior to my involvement with advfort, assuming that's what he used.

oh oh yeah I was doing this on a campsite which saves everything, this wouldn't work in the wild.
Does it save modifications to the terrain, like mining?
uhh when I say everything I mean even other sites if you say move a camp onto another site that is smaller than the campsite and then move said campsite out, I had camps where it stacked different levels of different bandit camp sites due to slamming them into each other. but yes advfort digging is saved on camps so you could dig deep underground and the camp will keep the changes.

edit : uhh slowly trying to breach the sky barrier again without collapsing the whole thing.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 08:34:37 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Vicious_Unicycle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15586 on: May 21, 2019, 09:41:20 am »

My peregrine falcon woman vampire/necromancer is currently marching an army of undead towards a Dark Fortress. Hopefully my computer can handle it!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15587 on: May 21, 2019, 02:30:00 pm »

A crab woman who wanted peace ended up killing 2 humans who couldn't tell her where an army was, chased a 3rd human into the forest and fought him till he passed out from pain, fell asleep for 2 hoyrs, and he was gone. She got killed by a sasquatch.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15588 on: May 25, 2019, 04:54:49 am »

I discovered oceans have waves. There's also driftwood on the beaches, but I don't think you can actually do anything with the driftwood.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15589 on: May 25, 2019, 12:09:30 pm »

My albatross woman entered Practicebanners to attempt to knock down a stature. I pressed u to interact with it but I can't do anything else. I retired her and created a peach faced lovebird woman and she can't knock it down either, can animal people not knock down statues?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15590 on: May 25, 2019, 05:52:20 pm »

Should be able to, maybe the statue is already knocked down? Can you stand on it/pick it up?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15591 on: May 25, 2019, 06:33:41 pm »

I can stand on them, I guess another temple will have to be found. Thank you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15592 on: May 26, 2019, 08:52:37 am »

I started in another fort as a cardinal woman and have the following joining for performance, an elf sage, and a goblin, a dwarf scholar, and a dwarf poet.

(forgetting to save caused me to ask new companions to join.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 09:55:00 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15593 on: May 27, 2019, 02:39:35 pm »

I added a bunch of new performers to my group. There are now 7 in total not counting me.Someone asked whether I composed a poem, so I composed one, and when I was done, I wasn't in a fortress anymore, I was in a cave. Some time later, Dumat got in an argument with Udil, so I roughed up Udil and took out his teeth since I couldn't hit his tongue. I accidently started fighting Dumat and I stopped attacking but when I talk to him I get conversations like we are still fighting. Also apparently holding Udil's teeth in one hand and mud in the other is interpreted as weaponry by everyone in my group. My actual weapons are strapped. Unless they are talking about Dumat's weapons, in which case I need to finish the fight. Dumat is no longer fithing, and I've learned that my cardinal woman worships a cat named Togal Whippeddragon
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 12:04:36 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15594 on: May 28, 2019, 02:48:56 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Looks like my war crimes against the elven species finally caught up with me
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #15595 on: May 29, 2019, 08:03:09 pm »

Spd 0.7/1.1
I hope you can do better than this.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15596 on: May 29, 2019, 09:39:07 pm »

Nahh, he's got 'em right where he wants 'em.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Starblast

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15597 on: May 29, 2019, 10:01:06 pm »

It was all according to plan after all, no self-respecting dwarf will allow himself to be cornered by elves and not be planning to tear each and every one limb from limb.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15598 on: May 30, 2019, 02:04:22 am »

I was so slow because I was hauling a bunch of severed heads and bodyparts to make an undead army from. I resurrected them all and survived, but I had to leave the area because there were literal hundreds of elves coming in and it started to seriously lag the game. I think about forty or fifty of them died, but I did not count.

I've been assassinating powerful historical figures and dragging them back to my base in a frozen wasteland. I call it the "corpse library", because it looks a little like a library. As you can see, I have already begun the assembling of my army. I chose to build it in a frozen area adjacent to a wasteland so that the bodies would perhaps preserve a little longer.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The room on the bottom right is a freezer, exposed to the elements for maximum chill. It's to store trophies, bodies which are too irrelevant for a shelf, and planned weapons. For instance, there is a huge polar bear population in the wasteland just west of me. I intend to fill backpacks full of their severed heads and give them to a companion, as a kind of undead suicide bomb.

The room left of the freezer is for historical figures which are large and imposing enough to face a real threat as zombies. So far, it's just night creatures, but I know of a location where a dead titan is, and I intend to bring the body back with me.

The room that I am in is intended for historical figures which have enough relevance for their corpses to be stored, but may not be physically large enough to truly become powerful undead slaves. So far, I have killed few worthy of my criteria. The only one who fit was an elf-turned-goblin who was responsible for tens of murders and hundreds of babysnatchings before joining back with his elven civ, but I threw his body into a volcano after I killed him by gouging his face off and breaking his neck, for stealing my (now undead) companion's only child.

The room to the right of me, above the freezer, is just a shelf for bodies with no historical relevance but statures which make them very useful to the army. I intend to travel to the ocean and kill whales to bring them back to the shelf. If I can find elephants or giant creatures, they will also be put there.

When I am done assembling my army, I will pay a tomb a visit for the sake of getting some meatshields, then I will track down the elven armies and give them the fight they deserve.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #15599 on: May 30, 2019, 03:55:29 am »

...  just avoid little girls with pointy daggers. They gain extra power from the SJW energy pool.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 ... 1103