Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1039 1040 [1041] 1042 1043 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994835 times)

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15600 on: May 31, 2019, 01:34:41 pm »

A crash that made me extremely annoyed, that's what. Don't know what caused it or why it happened, but now I need to restart completely. :(

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15601 on: May 31, 2019, 05:41:30 pm »

Oh and a recent adventurer of mine "Tolzir Ancientblood the Amusing Buck" is legendary in Knapping, Archery, and Throwing. Now what to do with him...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 05:50:18 pm by IncompetentFortressMaker »

Urist9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15602 on: June 04, 2019, 11:20:52 am »

Praying helps?

I was trying to craft some masterwork bone rings. But they kept coming out exceptional at best.

So I tried to gain a little focus by talking to my deity.
Greet: "Hello Etest".
Express your emotions (something general): "Do your duty".

Needless to say the next bone ring craft came out as a masterwork. I guess you just have to tell them gods what they are supposed to do.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15603 on: June 06, 2019, 12:06:42 pm »

Now that's... interesting. Well, good for you I guess?

horribleflesheater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15604 on: June 14, 2019, 12:19:19 pm »

I am a human demigod of the confederation of crystals, a small beleaguered human civilization tucked directly in the middle of the continent. While our people have no great armies or epic cities, we have an important place in the history of this world, having created the only three artifacts in history associated with a human civilization. The first religious order, the faith of lobsters, had an artisan tradition- when the grand apex of the order perished, their successor consecrated the death with the creation of artifact clothing, a jute skirt, a rope reed hood and a silver earring. This tradition was cut short in the year 79, when the elves of the woods of dying waged a savage war- launching 41 attacks, culminating in the siege of our capital dreamdistance, the ruining of the temple and the theft of our religious treasures. Since then the temple has been an empty husk, the line of leaders broken and no worshippers. 

I set out for retribution, to restore these artifacts to Dreamdistance. I quested for a while, making my name as a slayer of foul night creatures and a protector of the innocent. My name established, I set out to find the descendants of the last apex, and recruited them and a gang of other soldiers to lay siege to Rainwomen, the capital of the woods of dying and home to the elven queen Thone, holder of the artifacts. My monster hunter career left me with one working arm, but even so I could still climb, and I systematically laid waste- leaving my companions at the bottom of each tree I climbed up, stunned the pitiful elves with my warhammer and tossed them from the trees for my companions to brutalize. I cornered Thone at the top of the tallest tree, subdued her, poked out her eyes and ripped out her tongue. I crushed her head into an unrecognizable pulp and retrieved the legacy of my people, restoring the artifacts to the temple of my god.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15605 on: June 17, 2019, 08:53:40 am »

Well in experimenting with Vermin eggs I ended up with a Newborn frail Fairy that I decided to just raise. Learn that you could convert vermin into a creature by hatching vermin eggs.

now I wonder if one could adv reaction an egg and dfhack that to hatch, also realize with adv fort one could take a kobold egg build a nestbox with it and over time the egg will incubate itself especially if said egg was fertilized
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #15606 on: June 17, 2019, 02:48:17 pm »

Well in experimenting with Vermin eggs I ended up with a Newborn frail Fairy that I decided to just raise.
That's unusually wholesome of you, Rumrusher. Most of the time your DFhack experiments lean more toward the "abomination against nature" end of the scale.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15607 on: June 18, 2019, 01:55:53 pm »

If only hatching vermin eggs could be accomplished without dfhack... You can't get them to sit on a nest box in fort mode, because they're not creatures, and once they're off the nest box, the eggs will die.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15608 on: June 18, 2019, 09:02:22 pm »

Well in experimenting with Vermin eggs I ended up with a Newborn frail Fairy that I decided to just raise.
That's unusually wholesome of you, Rumrusher. Most of the time your DFhack experiments lean more toward the "abomination against nature" end of the scale.
this did is off the backs of discovering one could hatch a fluffly wamblr creature, and that the process setting this up came with the realization of Eggs when fertile flag is set and used in construction of an nestbox building will incubate themselves with no mother or foster mother needed, and if you set the incubation timer to a high number like say 200,000 the egg nestbox will instantly hatch into the newborne. I guess with fort mode there probably a check that kills the egg if not met.

edit : well same goblin ended up the parent of 10 pixies.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 01:33:29 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15609 on: June 21, 2019, 12:36:24 pm »

I wonder if that would work in fort mode. Normally it does check if the mother is sitting on the nest box, but if it's already flagged as being incubated just because it was in he nest box when it was built, maybe it doesn't check again? But how will you get fertilized eggs into an unbuilt nest box in he first place?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15610 on: June 24, 2019, 06:22:00 pm »

I'm an Outsider who acquired a slab through DFHack and became the world's first necromancer, swam to the practically uninhabited island east of the mainland, raised all the corpses at the shrine of the Hill Titan my previous adventurer and his entourage killed, used them to overrun and massacre the Dwarven colony I set up a few years back called Problemcave, raised them, then led my combined army to the nearby town of Springtrial, which said previous adventurer and his surviving followers had built for themselves.

They were all legendary fighters after the ordeal with the Titan, as well as the many battles they fought passing through Human towns on the way to the coast before swimming to the island (Note, every single civ is at war with each other in this world).

After they drowned in bodies they too joined my undead legions, after which I stepped into the town's temple, which housed a simple wooden coffin containing the Hill Titan's body.

Guess what I did, answers on a postcard.

I then used my 200+ thralls to build a grand palace for myself, stocked with all the cooked meals I liberated from Problemcave. Now I wait for myself to bring all the wars to an end in Fortress Mode, at which point I shall make the journey to the mainland and bring The Golden Age to an end, making room for the Age of Silence.

I also plan on donning a disguise and sneaking into my old fort, now the Mountainhome, called Skinnedseals. Deep within it's walls lies a vault I made, guarded by legendary hammerdwarves weilding silver hammers. Inside said vault is enough adamantine weaponry to equip the entire Dwarven military. There's gonna be a bit of a heist. I plan on lifting an adamantine spear for myself as well as any armor that will fit. The Lord of Silence should look the part, after all.

There's naturally a contingency plan in place should I be killed; I plan on writing many books on the secrets of life and death to leave at any libraries I pass by. I may fall, but death will still come knocking.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15611 on: June 24, 2019, 07:13:58 pm »

I'm an Outsider who acquired a slab through DFHack and became the world's first necromancer, swam to the practically uninhabited island east of the mainland, raised all the corpses at the shrine of the Hill Titan my previous adventurer and his entourage killed, used them to overrun and massacre the Dwarven colony I set up a few years back called Problemcave, raised them, then led my combined army to the nearby town of Springtrial, which said previous adventurer and his surviving followers had built for themselves.

They were all legendary fighters after the ordeal with the Titan, as well as the many battles they fought passing through Human towns on the way to the coast before swimming to the island (Note, every single civ is at war with each other in this world).

After they drowned in bodies they too joined my undead legions, after which I stepped into the town's temple, which housed a simple wooden coffin containing the Hill Titan's body.

Guess what I did, answers on a postcard.

I then used my 200+ thralls to build a grand palace for myself, stocked with all the cooked meals I liberated from Problemcave. Now I wait for myself to bring all the wars to an end in Fortress Mode, at which point I shall make the journey to the mainland and bring The Golden Age to an end, making room for the Age of Silence.

I also plan on donning a disguise and sneaking into my old fort, now the Mountainhome, called Skinnedseals. Deep within it's walls lies a vault I made, guarded by legendary hammerdwarves weilding silver hammers. Inside said vault is enough adamantine weaponry to equip the entire Dwarven military. There's gonna be a bit of a heist. I plan on lifting an adamantine spear for myself as well as any armor that will fit. The Lord of Silence should look the part, after all.

There's naturally a contingency plan in place should I be killed; I plan on writing many books on the secrets of life and death to leave at any libraries I pass by. I may fall, but death will still come knocking.

This is truly an inspiration to all.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15612 on: June 24, 2019, 07:41:10 pm »

I'm tempted to use the wars as a distraction while my zombies go around doing zombie things, seeing as the end goal is total extinction of all civilizations (maybe barring dwarves, I DID put a stupid amount of work into some of these forts over the 26 ingame years I've been building them), but the idea of becoming the main threat after a period of peace after the wars die down seems more appealing.

The Dwarven king is obsessed with eternal life so a necromancer popping up right as he has nothing to focus on seems like it'd stir up some drama. My end goal is to get my original militia commander, Cog Durmorul (various titles), as a veteran of every battle the Dwarves have been in since I accidentally started these wars, sitting on the throne. Guy's maxed out his Sword User skill as well as Military Tactics, Armor/Shield User and every combat-related skill thanks to him training nonstop since the fortress started nearly two decades ago. If I could launch raids (started the fort in an older version) him and his similarly-skilled Swordmasters could level any settlement I sent them to. He's the main threat to my plans, and probably deserves to sit on the fancy Adamantine throne I had forged for the current king.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15613 on: June 26, 2019, 02:07:44 am »

My human adventurer briefly teamed up with a honey badger to take down a troll recruit. It was a unique flavour of awesome of the kind that only DF can deliver. If only my new little buddy hadn't decided to turn on me immediately afterwards.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 02:10:30 am by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15614 on: June 26, 2019, 01:39:13 pm »

Whenever I try to get people to join on an Ed entire, they say no, but they do like to join on entertainment, though
Pages: 1 ... 1039 1040 [1041] 1042 1043 ... 1103