Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1040 1041 [1042] 1043 1044 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994732 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15615 on: June 26, 2019, 06:35:35 pm »

I had an Archeologist named Lihost  from the Nation of Monasteries. She was  by the Queen of NM to retrieve an artifact in a Naga town Wonderpuzzle. She was accompanied with 3 adventurers, Zitha, Mister, and Osplek. When she arrived at the town she try to get information about the whereabouts of this artifact. After hours of walking around town talking to people she rested at a shop where she was given permission to sleep. Then she heard a cry  from outside"Ambush!" the town was being raided by bandits of elves and cultist. 3 of them were already  inside the shop attacking the shopkeeper he held his ground but eventually sccumb to the onslaught. My adventurer was not much a fighter I built her she was a historian who wrote books of the islands history,but she stayed and try to defend with her 3 companions who were equipped with some good gear. We held together but they kept coming eventually we were outnumbered one by one we all died. It was a very ominous encounter because cultist were attacking the town. I checked the legend viewer there was no information of this event. Which annoys me. Because it was a pretty epic way to go defending the shop from this unmarked raid trying survive the odds. She was 33 years old when she died.  That sucks she died, I had information of an ancient slab made by a Demon named Atu who was still alive and ruling a kingdom of werewolves, they say she had the slab locked away in a vault somewhere in the marsh It was far east I was going to have her find  the slab  write a book about it and retired her, but nope she got game of thrones.

Writhe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15616 on: July 01, 2019, 10:35:12 pm »

I, a fledgling deputy, was ordered to murder a giantess. This sounded a bit Fun for one so inexperienced so I talked to the mayor and was asked to retrieve some artifacts from a nearby town. This proved rather easy, as they were sitting on the floor in a shrine with no one guarding them.
Among them was a fancy bronze spear which, I reckoned, would be better off actually being used than gathering dust.

Along the way I:
  • Wrestled an anaconda to death then carved a crossbow from its bones and bolts from its teeth
  • Relieved a few alligators of their organs (and got a shiny gold gizzard stone)
  • Carved a goblet from the skull of a black mamba and filled it with its own blood
  • Fell down a waterfall (and survived, thanks to the armour I found in an abandoned town (though the hippo next to me wasn't so lucky))
  • Recruited a chap with some nice steel equipment (that would no-doubt look nicer on me >.>)
  • Traded a few snake-bone trinkets and spare bolts for booze money then spent a day partying in a tavern
  • Composed a masterful dance routine (which surprised me, as it was my first time)
  • Returned to the aforementioned abandoned town to discover it had been reclaimed in the day I was gone (which was pretty nifty)
  • Recruited another chap, this one an archer with an artifact bow (which would certainly look nice on some noble's wall...)
Now, I'm off to give a certain giantess the generous gift of murder with my new meatshields companions.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15617 on: July 01, 2019, 10:43:11 pm »

The only things I can carve are statues, unless I’m missing something

Writhe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15618 on: July 01, 2019, 10:49:50 pm »

I'm using Random Dragon's Adventurecraft (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=153036.msg6497372#msg6497372)
Adds a pile of new adventure crafting things, and more besides. Though you'd need to start a new world if you want to use it.

Edit: Bah! My companions don't like dancing. All the more reason to have them suffer an unfortunate accident.
They don't like my poetry either. Philistines.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 11:39:04 pm by Writhe »

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15619 on: July 04, 2019, 06:57:24 pm »

Just wiped out a kobold civ, which was 101 of the bastarts huddled up in a cave. Hoarded the eggs for later destruction, rezzed the bodies and am now marching east for the other kobold civ, which houses the last 96 of them left in the world.

The murder-boner knows no limits.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15620 on: July 06, 2019, 12:15:30 am »

So I actually started the game as a semi-megabeast adamant sentinel. I killed everyone in the house I started in just for kicks. There were no witnesses. So then I checked on the neighbors; turns out they included some lord and lady of whatever, and they each had an artifact on them the lady had an artifact earring and the lord an artifact bow. So I wrestled both off of them and ran for it. Nobody chased me.

I've wandered the countryside pretty much relieving people of their artifacts. I killed a zombified vampire bat too, which seemed odd as I thought I made them undead to begin with. Oh well. I also killed a cyclops, who was supposed to have an artifact but I failed to find it, and a jaguar recruit that must have gotten in a fight with a historical figure in the last few years of world gen. It's lair contained nothing at all.

Still on the hunt for more artifacts to steal.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15621 on: July 11, 2019, 07:36:50 am »

the dive into egg research has lead to the ability to dfhack a father and mother to the egg, so 2 historical figures can be attached to the egg's parents, which lead to fluffy wamblers having parents that are gods
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #15622 on: July 11, 2019, 08:07:08 am »

yes good continue this research
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15623 on: July 11, 2019, 05:29:29 pm »

still it seems this doesn't really give one the raising a family dream clear.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15624 on: July 12, 2019, 12:38:20 pm »

That might require marriage as a prerequisite, actually. Force them to marry someone then have a kid?
By the way, you realize now that you are obligated to upload functional script plugins for people to dfhack their own babies. I want dfhack babies

All I've done is rob people of their artifacts. Mead halls in a 500 year old world are great places to snag trinkets. Unfortunately no really powerful weapons, but I did get a whip made of bone and a copper crossbow. A copper crossbow is actually a pretty deadly cudgel.

Soon this entire nation will fear my name, master of all they once called their own.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 12:53:58 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15625 on: July 16, 2019, 03:45:05 am »

That might require marriage as a prerequisite, actually. Force them to marry someone then have a kid?
By the way, you realize now that you are obligated to upload functional script plugins for people to dfhack their own babies. I want dfhack babies

All I've done is rob people of their artifacts. Mead halls in a 500 year old world are great places to snag trinkets. Unfortunately no really powerful weapons, but I did get a whip made of bone and a copper crossbow. A copper crossbow is actually a pretty deadly cudgel.

Soon this entire nation will fear my name, master of all they once called their own.
currently working out the issues with the EGG method of baby making given using empregnate on a bogeyman will just cause a miscarriage and currently trying to see if Egglaying can give the dream of raising a child thing, so far it seems to be a no... which means finding a way to either change bogeyman creature raws to have a child or turning the bogeyman into something else that can have a child.

oh and the bogeyman is married to the brown-recluse spider-woman manager before I did the nestboxegg hatchery.

edit: ok so uhh I hit a clear dead end on this egg parental stuff so I guess I can attempt to work out a script to splice babies in.
it seems like to achieve the family dream you have to either give birth or be the spouse of someone giving birth, and it can't be through egg method. so a bogeyman kinda has to be the 'father' of someone's child to achieve their dream as it seems motherhood is a miscarriage or horrible game crash.

so to write an Dfhack egg baby script it kinda requires an unlock cheaty advfort to just craft a building with an egg as stuffing an egg in a nestbox will not work
or I guess make an adv reaction that happens at a nestbox that advfort would use an egg with but doesn't craft anything with it at all thus just stores an egg in the building which probably could help
but yeah 'advfort -c' is required

but it also required an egg so any means of getting one of those from dfhack is also required so any create item script that allows the creation of eggs or raiding a koblod cave for eggs will do...and or fort mode
the script I would make would just be for setting the incubation and splicing in the Genes for the mother
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 06:31:43 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #15626 on: July 20, 2019, 08:09:57 pm »

One day I'll understand your incredible obsession with bogeymen. One day.
In a time before time, I had a name.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15627 on: July 20, 2019, 08:43:35 pm »

I mean, they're admittedly rather nifty procedurally-generated little critters (as annoying as they are).
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15628 on: July 21, 2019, 07:50:22 am »

One day I'll understand your incredible obsession with bogeymen. One day.

I mean, they're admittedly rather nifty procedurally-generated little critters (as annoying as they are).
mostly wanting to see how they work, and doing the impossible of getting one out of the weird night cackling thing is reasons why I enjoy them... on top imagining the raw power of having one fight for you than against you, and the modding potential of it all, like there are tokens that stop them from fighting you so it's possible for someone to make a mod where one could tap into controlling or pulling bogeymen out of the cackling

also like these night creatures are like the least likely to ruin a fort given night trolls are docile until military shows up and werebeasts are always aggro'd

that all said my dreams with bogeymen are already achieved with the animal token set up that toady added right down to a mod way to play as one, so they kinda just in the background while I work on other adv mode goals/megaprojects.

in adv mode related news I ended up learning that one of my modded throw item scripts works on wrestled items, so I could catch someone's blade then instantly throw the same blade at someone 100,000 times making it so that one could beat someone up with their own weapon while they are holding it.
"body swapping and YOU!"

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15629 on: July 21, 2019, 01:04:24 pm »

My human adventurer found an ettin who was hoarding a necromancy slab, which I thought was pretty damn lucky, but she killed me with it before I could even land a blow. :(

Needless to say, I'm immediately making another adventurer and hunting her down. That slab WILL be mine.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 01:06:42 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.
Pages: 1 ... 1040 1041 [1042] 1043 1044 ... 1103