Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1041 1042 [1043] 1044 1045 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994708 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15630 on: July 22, 2019, 12:56:34 pm »

Taming bogeymen? Hey that's literally what its like raising a toddler, nonsensical cackling and everything. Toddlers are procedurally generated, even.

Good analogy.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15631 on: July 22, 2019, 02:11:26 pm »

The last couple adventurers I made have also been killed going after the same ettin. Not giving up though, this may rapidly become a small megaproject. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15632 on: July 22, 2019, 03:42:03 pm »

Finally got the slab with an alligator man adventurer. Got a bonus ettin zombie out of the ordeal too. Now to terrorize the continent.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15633 on: July 23, 2019, 03:43:04 am »

I've got a tale to tell, a long one at that. It involves some save-scumming and DFHack trickery to get out of a tight spot, but I consider this acceptable considering the circumstances and outcome.

Unfortunately, the story's not over yet. For all the trouble I went through, There was still one more ordeal to endure.

I think I'll be leaving rescue missions to fortress dwarves from now on.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
  • Busy Being Worshiped By Alien Pagans
    • View Profile
« Reply #15634 on: July 24, 2019, 03:49:31 pm »

Just hunted down some criminals. They didn't attack me so I didn't feel like murdering them in the middle of this town. I had a long argument with their leader about the value of law though. Finally convinced him that it was right to obey the law. No more trouble from him.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15635 on: July 30, 2019, 12:58:26 pm »

My last adventure was fun, I played an idealistic crow man who had an ambitious quest to locate all the divine slabs and use them to banish the tyranny of demons from the mortal world once and for all (after acquiring a sufficient amount of XP, of course). It...didn't work out so well. I had a good initial run clearing out a few bandit camps and slaying a vampire law-giver to return his artifact spear to its rightful owner (the sacred lake of the Blue Denomination), but I got slashed to death by a goblin swordsman in the dungeon of a small town. :(

Maybe I'll carry on the quest with something a bit more robust than a bird man.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15636 on: July 30, 2019, 12:59:14 pm »

Be an elephant man and punch heads.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15637 on: July 30, 2019, 01:00:38 pm »

You read my mind. :P

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15638 on: July 30, 2019, 01:49:42 pm »

Found a fortress, forge some elephant-sized steel/adamantine gear and a nice axe to go with. Then be an elephant man and sever heads! :D
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

TeaAndRum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15639 on: July 31, 2019, 08:26:32 am »

I made an adventurer, whose companion went melancholic and left my company (didn't know it was possible, he suddenly just stopped moving, and flashed the depression icon, and left the party), in the very day I left the hamlet. Then I sheltered in hillocks nearby, failing to recruit anyone there.
I continued, and noticed that the only structure before the seemingly endless wilderness was a town, Flaxapples. Well, I remember this town having been sacked by goblins a few centuries ago, so I assumed it was ruined and thought about scavenging stuff, perhaps recruiting a bandit and living to se the next day.
Turns out, it was packed with goblins, and just goblins! FPS sunk to 5 or something. City was so full of them, that I accidentally pushed against someone (I think?), which started a fight. As is done in fight with goblins, I attempt to kill them all. With almost nonexistent framerate, it's slow but steady. It's difficult because they're running away and I'm going to starve soon. But so very worth it, for all the trouble they gave me in fortresses.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15640 on: August 01, 2019, 12:37:28 pm »

well currently roaming the lands in a dark ages mod, with a wizard name Etru.

uhh so far the goal for this adventure is mostly finding 'new' creatures and races and try to insert them into the camp(with dfhack or just assign zones then disbanding them), and watch the horrible results doing so.
so far the camp is filled with wizards, fighters, and now these Sea-Shamens. the sea shamens came from etru walking into seeing a stalker sea-shaman getting mauled by a diety elder vampire and etru just yank the shamen back to camp for recovery and using dfhack kinda filled the camp with inhabitants of the same race which didn't end up like the verminancy civil war.
the Civil war ended up with bunch of wizards fighting wizards after realizing verminancy kinda makes the user hostile and the inhabitants with verminancy all jump the other wizard inhabitants this event happen pretty early in the camp lifetime so the place is littered with dead wizards everywhere from the battle.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

SpaceMetal

• Bay Watcher
  • Short scrawny creature fond of drink and laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15641 on: August 05, 2019, 11:00:39 pm »

My bard/axedwarf stopped by the local drinking mound in search of information and booze. She found the former, though oddly not the latter. She also saw Fikod Merchanttactics kill Minkot Beachcaves, for some reason.

After a few conversations and a performance, she spoke to Fikod with the goal of reforming her, or at least dissuading her from suffocating anybody else. She managed to convince Fikod of the value of peace, harmony, tranquility, and self-control, and the worthlessness of power, competition, and martial prowess.
SpaceMetal likes silver, sapphire, alpaca wool yarn, maple trees for their autumn coloration, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, she prefers to consume cow cheese, goat cheese, cherries, and wine. She absolutely detests bats.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #15642 on: August 06, 2019, 07:53:50 am »

"Goodbye."

I must have accidentally thrown a dagger at her by mistake, so once my crew was done fighting the bone soldiers down in a town's catacombs, this happened. Perfect timing.

EDIT:
Damn, haven't seen this werebeast message before - interesting that the game has it, considering how rarely I see them becoming civ enemies.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 11:34:45 am by ZM5 »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15643 on: August 06, 2019, 06:24:43 pm »

I just made a rather neat discovery that it's possible to "disturb" vermin in adventure mode. Upon hopping down into a giant's lair, my human adventurer received the message "many rats have been disturbed". Anything similar ever happen to anyone else?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #15644 on: August 07, 2019, 03:09:41 am »

I have seen that before, yeah - happens in other lair types too. You can use the "search thoroughly" command to do something similar and find live vermin.
Pages: 1 ... 1041 1042 [1043] 1044 1045 ... 1103