Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1042 1043 [1044] 1045 1046 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994738 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15645 on: August 07, 2019, 12:29:52 pm »

Fluffy wamblers and colossi don't mix
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

cl0wn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15646 on: August 07, 2019, 10:15:31 pm »

I think my adventurer got caught in the middle of a siege.

I had made an adventurer with no weapons skills, and only points in speaking, writing, and swimming (so I didn't end up drowning), just to see how long I could last as a traveling storyteller/author guy. I needed some writing supplies, and since no human towns around me had any libraries, I decided to go to a dwarven fortress to see if I could find one there.

Everything was fine for a few minutes, as I wandered around the fortress, trying to find the library, until all of a sudden my screen was filled with goblins yelling "I have defeated many fearsome opponents!". Since my adventurer had no weapon skills whatsoever, he ran down to the bottom of the fort, hoping he didn't get his leg chopped off by some goblin on the stairs.

He paced around for a few minutes, before going back up to check if the goblins were gone. I heard a goblin axeman yell "I must withdraw!", so I assumed it was safe to go back up. The stairway was splattered with blood, the walls were almost entirely covered in red, and dwarven and goblin bodies were laid all over the fort, with puddles of blood beneath them.

At this point, I decided to retire my adventurer, and check legends to see if it would give me any explanation as to why the fort was invaded. Sadly, no explanation was given, but I did get a kill count.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can sieges actually happen to fortresses while you're in adventure mode, or was it just a coincidence that the goblins showed up when I came in? I didn't see any asterisks or anything near the fort when I was traveling.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #15647 on: August 07, 2019, 11:35:35 pm »

I think sieges can happen in adv mode, as they are also a w.g. event and those can happen in adv mode. In fact, I've heard NPCs talking about "the army of x is marching on y!" before, so I'm almost certain.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15648 on: August 08, 2019, 12:24:31 pm »

Yeah, I've seen NPCs say "The army of [army leader] is marching [at/on/to/etc.] [site name]!" before when asked about the [army/armies] on the march after asked about troubles. (Talk to NPC -> Inquire about [any?] troubles -> Ask about the [army/armies])

cl0wn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15649 on: August 08, 2019, 08:35:38 pm »

Strange, nobody said anything about an army when I asked about troubles. I guess I just didn't ask the right dwarf or something.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15650 on: August 09, 2019, 03:37:34 am »

Not every town has an army marching towards it, maybe your town simply had different troubles

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #15651 on: August 09, 2019, 09:36:27 am »

While exploring the sewers of Clubfrost, second-largest city in the world, I encountered a naked human peasant stuck in the sewer wall:

I can actually see him through that blue sewer grate on the surface, and carry on a conversation with him from there. He seems pretty chill for someone trapped in the sewers. Maybe he's some kind of ascetic, living in a small hollowed-out niche in the wall? That'll be my headcanon anyway.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15652 on: August 09, 2019, 05:12:31 pm »

Maybe he's a vampire hiding out. Maybe they bricked him up so he can't eat anyone
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #15653 on: August 09, 2019, 05:35:38 pm »

Maybe he's a vampire hiding out. Maybe they bricked him up so he can't eat anyone
I'm fairly certain he's a werebeast. When sewers are populated, creatures that can breathe water, like fish men or vampires, spawn in the water. Creatures that can't, like if you were to mod fish men to not breathe water any more, just kinda spawn randomly in the walls and ground nearby. A werebeast in human form falls under the second category.

cl0wn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15654 on: August 09, 2019, 06:32:32 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 08:34:00 pm by cl0wn »

Noobboyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
M
« Reply #15655 on: August 13, 2019, 11:30:28 pm »

M
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 11:56:29 pm by Noobboyo »

Noobboyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mass genocide on orcs by a orc
« Reply #15656 on: August 13, 2019, 11:54:55 pm »

I had my orc kill a good 20 percent of all the nobles for the orcs btw he is  orc then kill several normal orcs by decapitation his title is hatedbad the worthy

cl0wn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15657 on: August 14, 2019, 01:27:36 am »

I unretired just to get caught in another goblin attack. This time, there was just one of them, though.
--------------------------------------------------
Now I've encountered some goblins trying to invade a castle in a human town. It seems like, in this world, the goblins are not only at war with the dwarves, they're at war with the entire world.
I had a conversation with one, who was rather polite.
His friend, however, wasn't so nice.
Luckily, my companions took care of him.
The only person the goblins managed to hit was a dwarf criminal with a crossbow.
Looks like I'll have to start watching out for goblins now.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 02:05:43 am by cl0wn »

Lorn Asbord Schutta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15658 on: August 14, 2019, 03:44:14 pm »

New world, starting with human civ close to some goblins. Adventurer was from hamlet near capital, so I get quest to hunt snakewomen vampire. To much suprise, I was killed quickly, so I decided to hunt down the critter. Maimed her both arms, but she just chewed my next four adventurers. Now, I made another one, and this time I started as hearthperson from said capital.
Instead of normal annoucement, with "In rush of excitment", or even "A foolhardly soul might try to rescue kidnapped childrens, I get this:

Then I asked my Lord about the vault and he knew about it. Even random people from town knew its location.

Before, if I would ask about troubles, I would get info about missing treasures and beasts, now everyone in town speak only about army marching on it.
Additionaly, there are two groups of asteriks, one west of city and one north-east of it. If I try to come even near them, I instatly crush. But there was one child far enough from them that spoke about running away from home, so I guess this are refugees.
I have to say that I admire things like those, when it turns out that there is a script acknowledging rare occasions. But at the same time shouldn't vaults be so widespread known? Moreover, if not for this "quest", I wouldn't be able to ask directly about vault.
Anyone had similiar?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15659 on: August 14, 2019, 04:48:34 pm »

I did already know adventure intros had special messages for sieges (and bandits), but not for vaults. That's interesting to know.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.
Pages: 1 ... 1042 1043 [1044] 1045 1046 ... 1103