Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994823 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15660 on: August 14, 2019, 06:01:52 pm »

well after a great deal of puzzling experiments I discovered that habits do have a factor with how inhabitants are spawn in.
so the shaman group all have a habit that starts with any melee weapon(probably came from the notion that these are custom night trolls) so uhh I guess if I want to have a camp filled with folks with bows and guns I need to make a race of creatures with ranged weapons for a habit.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15661 on: August 14, 2019, 07:40:54 pm »

well after a great deal of puzzling experiments I discovered that habits do have a factor with how inhabitants are spawn in.
so the shaman group all have a habit that starts with any melee weapon(probably came from the notion that these are custom night trolls) so uhh I guess if I want to have a camp filled with folks with bows and guns I need to make a race of creatures with ranged weapons for a habit.
One of my adventurers found out the hard way that antmen prefer ranged weapons, specifically blowdarts

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15662 on: August 15, 2019, 09:18:25 am »

Every damn night I get to a tavern, the only tavern-keep is asleep.

When will they hire someone for a night shift?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15663 on: August 15, 2019, 11:14:31 am »

Somewhat amusingly I'm pretty sure the tavern keepers currently live in their places of business, seeing as AFAIK they only ever leave to get a drink from the well (or to visit the local temple if they're religious).
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15664 on: August 15, 2019, 11:50:13 am »

a drink from the well

They also live by "never consume your own supply" it seems.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15665 on: August 15, 2019, 01:43:39 pm »

Well of course, they know perfectly well that that's for the customers. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

AshTheTiefling

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Artist, Adequate Modder, Necromancer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15666 on: August 17, 2019, 09:18:14 pm »

My game has this bug where thawing ice at campfires doesn't work, which was a real problem for a while... until I went to a tavern and found out alcohol doesn't freeze...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 09:19:55 pm by AshTheTiefling »
You know what was happening? The terrifying master, nearly maxed all combat skills, was hitting me with some copper earring. Over and over. It took it few days, but he managed to beat me with copper earring.
Welcome to... Megabeast Park! *Raaawr!*

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15667 on: August 18, 2019, 08:08:57 pm »

Speaking of bugs: is it normal to find tree pollen catkins growing in farm fields in adventure mode? Lately I've seen them popping up even when there's no trees in the immediate vicinity.

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15668 on: September 04, 2019, 11:25:18 pm »

used dfhack’s bodyswap for the first time, to get my companion some better eq. way less hassle than doing it through the exchange goods screen! in the process i got to discover that, despite being a hammerdwarf, he has below average strength  ::)

anyway, now that we’re equipped, probably gonna die of something dumb

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15669 on: September 05, 2019, 08:47:43 am »

I finished an adventure play, testing my modded frog men. I thought it would be good to make some nice art novel for Community and Games, 'cause it was epic story of frienship, treason, vengeance, wrath... At first. Then it was just... Wrath. Burning a tower, raiding a dark fortress (Legends Viewer told me 400 goblins + lots of trolls 'n' beak dogs died that day), but couldn't defeat a master, so I escaped and settled.

Then I built a camp and became lord, retired, reclaimed every free fort for our great civilizations, then opened Legends Viewer, and looked what my adventurer did in the meantime. RAGE!!!
You know what the super powerful frog wizard warrior did? He left his beautiful house he had built with his own hands, and moved to the dark fortress he raided, and became member of their civilization, that even raided his house he had built with his own hands, killed all his friends... Like... What? But it was fun. Lots of fun.

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15670 on: September 10, 2019, 05:44:15 am »

anyway, now that we’re equipped, probably gonna die of something dumb

didn't die, but near enough to. accidentally fast-travelled while my companions were still "wait here"ing in the wilderness and lost them forever, then wandered into a lair hoping it was indoors enough to sleep safe from boogeymen, but "you cannot rest until you leave this site". there was a starved horror in the lair, who i took down in two hits but he got in a grab and a shake, and tore my lower spine's nervous tissue in the process. crawled for three nights (sleeping by day) back to where i started, and retired

Wallyom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15671 on: September 13, 2019, 07:25:48 am »

I finished an adventure play, testing my modded frog men. I thought it would be good to make some nice art novel for Community and Games, 'cause it was epic story of frienship, treason, vengeance, wrath... At first. Then it was just... Wrath. Burning a tower, raiding a dark fortress (Legends Viewer told me 400 goblins + lots of trolls 'n' beak dogs died that day), but couldn't defeat a master, so I escaped and settled.

Then I built a camp and became lord, retired, reclaimed every free fort for our great civilizations, then opened Legends Viewer, and looked what my adventurer did in the meantime. RAGE!!!
You know what the super powerful frog wizard warrior did? He left his beautiful house he had built with his own hands, and moved to the dark fortress he raided, and became member of their civilization, that even raided his house he had built with his own hands, killed all his friends... Like... What? But it was fun. Lots of fun.

Now that he manage to rid himself of his possessor, his first act was to go against everything he's done while he was being controlled. Makes you think just how much we now about them, the beings we control.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15672 on: September 13, 2019, 07:50:25 am »

Once I had particularly fun experience in adventure play. It was first time ever I visited a dark fortress, I went there to slay the horrible "chinchilla monster", didn't know what to expect back then. It had web attacks, so I didn't manage to give one single hit.

Then the screen was there for a minute or so, and I was like, hey, what's happening? Okay, I'm webbed, unconscious, but why nothing's happenin'? Then I (finally) got a message, that I am deceased. I looked at the log.

You know what was happening? The terrifying master, nearly maxed all combat skills, was hitting me with some copper earring. Over and over. It took it few days, but he managed to beat me with copper earring.

Now I am thinking of an idea... A strategy fighting goblin masters. Before they're hostile and you can still talk to them, give 'em earrings. If my assumption is true, they'll forget they have giant feet, fists and jaws, and beat you with earring. Must test someday.

This is why I love DF. Freakin' fun.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #15673 on: September 13, 2019, 05:01:38 pm »

Now I am thinking of an idea... A strategy fighting goblin masters. Before they're hostile and you can still talk to them, give 'em earrings. If my assumption is true, they'll forget they have giant feet, fists and jaws, and beat you with earring. Must test someday.

This is why I love DF. Freakin' fun.
I've had quite a bit of experience with this. It usually goes one of two ways:
1. The master beats you with the earring until the earring breaks. Now you're back at square one, except now you're tired from fighting.
2. You manage to deal some damage to the master. Eventually its arms are disabled and it drops the earring. Then it bites your head off.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15674 on: September 13, 2019, 09:05:45 pm »

And that's not even getting into the masters that have powerful attacks which don't require the direct use of limbs or jaws, such as toxins, poisonous gas, fire-breathing, etc.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 09:09:06 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
Pages: 1 ... 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 ... 1103