Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1048 1049 [1050] 1051 1052 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994954 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15735 on: November 12, 2019, 10:47:08 pm »

I finally "beat" Dwarf Fortress' Adventure Mode when the malachite demon overlord of the goblins accidentally blasted himself into the air with his own frozen extract and shattered on the ground.

But have you defeated a vault while equipped only with goose leather armor and blissful ignorance?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #15736 on: November 12, 2019, 10:57:37 pm »

What's a vault? I only understand VICTORY.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15737 on: November 13, 2019, 04:57:07 am »

I think my vanilla game is heavily bugged. It's a freshly generated world.

I've started my adventure as a rhinoceros man soldier for one of the human civs in the north. I took a stroll around the castle, and managed to overhear a rumor about a legendary beast in the area.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I thought to myself - wow! This guys entire family was wrecked by this hill titan. It's probably a good idea to avenge him. One thing that was surprising, he was the only one claiming the beast killed 70 people - all other accounts mentioned around 30 people. Whatever.
We grabbed some goblin lasher on the way back and went to seek glory.

We arrived, and the fighting has started. The goblin lasher has died within first three strikes - Izem the human broke his leg and tried running. I've managed to end the titan in one swift strike, but then something bizarre happened to Izem...

Okay, so my only companion whose entire family was murdered by this titan just lost his mind. But that's not all...

Okay... I guess? Crisis of identity much?
But then I had a [l]ook at him, and before my very eyes, I see this:

What the hell? Now two Izems follow me constantly. Also, no one acknowledges I killed the hill titan - whenever i spread the rumor to someone, they say "The goblin lasher has died. It is terrible" and whenever I ask Izem about myself, he seems to not know me.

I've checked the legends and Lipi Rusticbalded is apparently Izem's alias, as he seems to be a spy for a different faction. But still, this is bizarre.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 05:06:15 am by Ragnarock »
Dabbling Overseer

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15738 on: November 13, 2019, 12:15:39 pm »

oh so you had a spy as a companion and while they were disguised witness an event that caused them to break their mind thinking 'hey should I use my original identity or this hidden one since this person can just take down a hill titan.'
or 'since I was hidden under a guise I didn't see anyone take down a hill titan or it would break the masquerade' on top of the whole revisiting a site they seem to be settled to causing them to Dupe themselves. I don't think that's heavily bugged, that's more a minor goof bug,
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15739 on: November 14, 2019, 03:22:00 am »

Tell your companion you dont want to journey with them anymore and they might be willing to join you again, but they'll probably adopt more identities in the future still. The duplicate bug has been an issue for ages, but if you fast travel out of the town the copy should disappear.

Oh, and if the rumor cant be spread that you killed the titan, tell a story about you killing the titan in the site. That should get the message across.

I've started a new adventure to test new and exciting things, though I have yet to encounter them. In the meantime I encountered some naked townies in huts on the outskirts of major towns holding books. At the inn I asked a "lady consort" (who was apparently a criminal gang leader because I could ask to become her lieutenant) about troubles and she relayed a rumor of "law-breaking" going on, which turned out to be about the book one of the naked peasants was holding. Nobody says anything about missing treasures, so I dont know why possessing these books is law-breaking. I've also never seen that particular conversation option before. She's also the only one that has such a thing to say. Almost everyone else says "things are the same as ever" or talks about only bandits, criminal gangs, and various megabeasts. Along with the option of law-breaking, there was an additional option "the deaths" but after asking about the law breaking and going back and asking again about troubles, she just immediately mentions the other naked peasant with a book without even asking.

I went back and stole both books from both naked peasants and confirmed they were both alive, no idea what "the death" was referring to at the time.

I then went back to the tavern (with the books hidden in my bag) to sleep for the night and while performing a poem some beast hunter in the corner bled to death. He was holding a demonic metal pike, so I'm guessing I set that material's fixed temp too high... So I told the story of his death. A high elf in the room just couldnt stop freaking out about the guy dropping dead, but everyone else had the time to tell me my story telling skills were sub-par.

I left the following morning for greener pastures. Still havent read the books.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 03:34:59 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15740 on: November 14, 2019, 04:36:54 am »

Tell your companion you dont want to journey with them anymore and they might be willing to join you again, but they'll probably adopt more identities in the future still. The duplicate bug has been an issue for ages, but if you fast travel out of the town the copy should disappear.

Oh, and if the rumor cant be spread that you killed the titan, tell a story about you killing the titan in the site. That should get the message across.

I've started a new adventure to test new and exciting things, though I have yet to encounter them. In the meantime I encountered some naked townies in huts on the outskirts of major towns holding books. At the inn I asked a "lady consort" (who was apparently a criminal gang leader because I could ask to become her lieutenant) about troubles and she relayed a rumor of "law-breaking" going on, which turned out to be about the book one of the naked peasants was holding. Nobody says anything about missing treasures, so I dont know why possessing these books is law-breaking. I've also never seen that particular conversation option before. She's also the only one that has such a thing to say. Almost everyone else says "things are the same as ever" or talks about only bandits, criminal gangs, and various megabeasts. Along with the option of law-breaking, there was an additional option "the deaths" but after asking about the law breaking and going back and asking again about troubles, she just immediately mentions the other naked peasant with a book without even asking.

I went back and stole both books from both naked peasants and confirmed they were both alive, no idea what "the death" was referring to at the time.

I then went back to the tavern (with the books hidden in my bag) to sleep for the night and while performing a poem some beast hunter in the corner bled to death. He was holding a demonic metal pike, so I'm guessing I set that material's fixed temp too high... So I told the story of his death. A high elf in the room just couldnt stop freaking out about the guy dropping dead, but everyone else had the time to tell me my story telling skills were sub-par.

I left the following morning for greener pastures. Still havent read the books.

Oh that's because picking up any artifact(that at a site or in general?) counts as theft so books being artifacts means that peasant probably pick up a book and got flagged for being a criminal.
"body swapping and YOU!"

SakuraHeinz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15741 on: November 16, 2019, 10:06:51 am »

I slept in a human capital city and got interrupted in my sleep. I went downstairs and an army of horses and cats attacked.

you can see the bodyparts and small lakes of blood.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15742 on: November 16, 2019, 10:39:21 am »

Was there a leader?

SakuraHeinz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15743 on: November 16, 2019, 10:43:42 am »

Was there a leader?

When I looked in fast Travel there was a Asterisk, but it moved so fast around I couldnt catch it.

Any idea what creature lead this attack? A DnD friend said it could be a angered Druid that controls the animals to attack. But I have no idea if something like that exists in Dwarf fortress.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15744 on: November 16, 2019, 03:26:03 pm »

Nah, not yet anyway. There is a bug though that allows a sites tame animal populations to be recruited into squads to attack players and stuff. But the squads as I've seen always have a proper citizen as a leader.

Provide the save for toady in a bug report, maybe he can figure out why it's happening and stop it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SakuraHeinz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15745 on: November 16, 2019, 05:57:47 pm »

Nah, not yet anyway. There is a bug though that allows a sites tame animal populations to be recruited into squads to attack players and stuff. But the squads as I've seen always have a proper citizen as a leader.

Provide the save for toady in a bug report, maybe he can figure out why it's happening and stop it.

Hm the event is already over since ingame months, but yes the horses I killed a called "horse from the union of roofs" but I dont know why the civilization attacks their own capital city, I also couldnt find the leader whoever it was moved extremely quickly around the map.

AshTheTiefling

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Artist, Adequate Modder, Necromancer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15746 on: November 16, 2019, 10:26:19 pm »

I'm not really sure that's a bug, I always assumed I was being attacked by trained combat animals. It can get kinda crazy, though. I remember a time I was attacked by a pack of elves and drakes then ended up almost dying to them.
You know what was happening? The terrifying master, nearly maxed all combat skills, was hitting me with some copper earring. Over and over. It took it few days, but he managed to beat me with copper earring.
Welcome to... Megabeast Park! *Raaawr!*

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15747 on: November 17, 2019, 02:48:26 am »

The way I notice this it's probably tied to the banditry percentage as that pulls from the entire population including the animals which often ends up with animals getting added to bandit parties.
personally find this stuff rad for modding wise gets you animal token entity creatures showing up in bandit attacks, and it's fantasy nothing says a dog can't be part of a bandit pack.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15748 on: November 18, 2019, 11:56:28 am »

Went on a world tour last night looking for the towers containing my secrets again. Utterly failed. First because I went the wrong direction, losing both of my companions before retiring in a hillocks. But I did find a ruined fortress  with a slav detailing water sorcery.

Then when I finally arrived at the towers, none of them had any slabs. Four out of five didn't even have books. And none of them had the secret I was looking for anyway. Just a huge wasted effort overall.

My adventurer managed to become a fairly renowned beast hunter after taking out a wereserpent, weresnail, several trolls, and a great ice imp. Too bad my companions didn't survive the journey...

I did savescum after getting melted by one of my new night creatures magic effects. It's supposed to be a toxic gas, not a boil the meat off your bones gas.
I make Spellcrafts!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15749 on: November 18, 2019, 03:41:32 pm »

But I did find a ruined fortress  with a slav detailing water sorcery.

You mean like a volkhv?

« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 03:44:29 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 1048 1049 [1050] 1051 1052 ... 1103