Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1049 1050 [1051] 1052 1053 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994915 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15750 on: November 18, 2019, 05:19:00 pm »

Shit, no, that's supposed to be slab, not slav.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15751 on: November 19, 2019, 12:02:35 am »

So testing this angel mechanic on a vanilla save ended up having a session of 2 no combat skill having goblins going on a cross country tour trying to avoid dying to wolves, and barely escaping with their lives from a pack of dingos who some how lost the pursuit after dodging right off an edge. didn't think my companion was going to survive the encounter with the dingoes, did expect if they did they would lure more dingoes back to my adventurer.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15752 on: November 30, 2019, 04:41:46 pm »

I have a world ive been playing in for awhile with numerous adventueres and now its just crashing when i try to unretire them.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=11185
So thats fun.
Anyone else also run into the issue where if you unretire an adventurer you just become some other random hist fig? Ive seen that a ton in the current version aswell.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=11019

Other then that i rescued some prisoners from a  dark fortress and went on a tipsy goblin murdering adventure.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15753 on: November 30, 2019, 04:48:50 pm »

I've had the first problem in spades (for me the exception is the adventurer who doesn't crash the game when I unretire him), though I can't say I've ever spawned as a random histfig when attempting to unretire someone (sounds kinda fun honestly :P).
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15754 on: November 30, 2019, 04:55:59 pm »

I've had the first problem in spades (for me the exception is the adventurer who doesn't crash the game when I unretire him), though I can't say I've ever spawned as a random histfig when attempting to unretire someone (sounds kinda fun honestly :P).

No one reported the crash until I just did.
I am an indie game dev!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15755 on: November 30, 2019, 09:58:57 pm »

you some how glitched yourself into getting the body swap script to work in vanilla? Going by the comments it I guessed you generated a large old world which probably had too many historical figures and just either gave up and assign you to a different historical figure id for the adventurer. which explains why I never seen this happening due to having like 2 digit year worlds generated.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15756 on: November 30, 2019, 10:03:27 pm »

Um....has been reported and added to (by me) a while ago actually.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10364

Posted a few Adventurer bugginess reports recently. Never had the "become a random histfig" thing yet though.

Are you playing with compressed saves?
I had a very similar world to my crash world with all the same symptoms (including the Adventurer being missing from Legends). But the world made with save compression off didn't crash on unretire.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 10:11:46 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15757 on: December 01, 2019, 01:05:49 am »

Um....has been reported and added to (by me) a while ago actually.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10364

Posted a few Adventurer bugginess reports recently. Never had the "become a random histfig" thing yet though.

Are you playing with compressed saves?
I had a very similar world to my crash world with all the same symptoms (including the Adventurer being missing from Legends). But the world made with save compression off didn't crash on unretire.
If compressed is the default then yes

Also, another fun one

I am an indie game dev!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15758 on: December 01, 2019, 09:02:47 pm »

well during an experiment run I ended up in a tunnel system that I can't fast travel in and having to cross this bridge that cut into a magma pool, which lead to this discovery of the fluids resetting on reload, which I guess is how Max got around to building that magma camp.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Swordbomb101

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Brubs
    • View Profile
« Reply #15759 on: December 02, 2019, 05:44:37 pm »

DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WOLVES 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
F*** logic I have Potashroom Vodka

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #15760 on: December 08, 2019, 02:35:31 pm »

In my book writing experiments, I has setup a fort and then an adventurer, and I got the adventurer to train in the fort while I made quires. Adventurer was eventually a legendary axe-dwarf, but when I unretired I couldn't find my adventurer's named axe anywhere. After a lot of searching I just kinda gave up and asked the Sheriff if he needed something. "go kill my cousin who got transformed into a night troll spouse". Ok. Head to nearest human hamlet with my macedwarf companion, find a morningstar there(had mace skill) + other equipment, find lair, go inside, kill spouse. Do some exploring, find mister night troll. Ok, attack... I don't know what happened, but he murdered my companion and then my adventurer, like the last few moments of battle was just us two attacking one another with our teeth(everything but his upper body was bleeding), until I unwisely tried to run away, at which point my adventurer was slaughtered...

Battles in DF can get so random sometimes... I am also somewhat annoyed, because I don't think it's possible to get the sheriff told his cousin has been laid to rest now that the slayer has also been slayed.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Ambre45

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15761 on: December 09, 2019, 07:30:00 am »

I gave up on trying to find the Mayor or King in the mountainhome.  I guess I'll never get any praise for that Titan I killed... oh well.  I've gone melancholy, too.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15762 on: December 09, 2019, 02:42:03 pm »

I gave up on trying to find the Mayor or King in the mountainhome.  I guess I'll never get any praise for that Titan I killed... oh well.  I've gone melancholy, too.

You can still tell it to all the plebs around, the reputation will still spread.
I am an indie game dev!

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #15763 on: December 10, 2019, 09:04:11 pm »

So I just got an interesting quest: my lord wants me to cause trouble... at a vault.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Does breaking in and stealing their secrets count as "trouble," I wonder? ;D

Incidentally, the town I'm currently working for is also the seat of the Realm's law-giver, a vampire lady who's been ruling for almost 200 years. She's certainly had an effect on the populace:

There's a few other vamps around town that I know of: the high priest and a criminal boss. I guess having a vampire god-empress around makes the place pretty safe for bloodsuckers.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15764 on: December 13, 2019, 09:35:25 pm »

I was running about with a murder-elephant for a test, and I ran into some bogeymen.

The fight wasn't really going my way. Elephant men are tough, but I knew the ensuing battle of attrition would eventually wear me down...

...and then I was struck by the most marvellous idea.

A wall of fire, to keep me in and the nasties out!

By happy chance, my assailants were wingless and hence unable to traverse the flames. Quite pleased with myself, I began to tell stories as the fire crackled and the stars glittered-- and the bogeymen heckled.

Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 1049 1050 [1051] 1052 1053 ... 1103