Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1050 1051 [1052] 1053 1054 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1995007 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15765 on: December 14, 2019, 04:18:02 am »

When I forget to remove bogeymen in worldgen, I use this strategy. But it works better with prepared campfires.
Regular fires have the tendency to spread and you stand in a circle of them. Also, you can not set fire to stone, but you can build a campfire there.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15766 on: December 15, 2019, 09:41:41 am »

I've decided to get back to playing adventure mode sense I still don't know how to fortress.

So far I just started out as a deer woman musician and managed to get a companion, and I'm wondering how long she'll last in the horrible crapfest I have made by mixing a whole bunch of mods and altering tags.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15767 on: December 15, 2019, 01:36:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

well it seems I wander into a scenario where one pit is deeper than the other eerie pit. though I wonder what happens if I break the un-allocated blocks there could I dig deeper into the void?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #15768 on: December 17, 2019, 01:03:12 pm »

Saw a stationary * outside of town and dropped down to investigate:
3 zombie giant cougars
1 zombie alligator
1 troglodyte
1 troll
and 6 night creatures (all different kinds)

We managed to beat them pretty handily, though - only lost one companion, and no lasting injures on anyone else. The monsters fought each other as much as they fought us, which helped.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #15769 on: December 17, 2019, 06:44:03 pm »

Traveling around with a outsider human, going into a fort in the jungle I made like a year ago and don't remember the layout of... Finding dwarves, but also a lot of dead dwarves, ok, bug maybe. Searching around for the meeting hall. Get attacked by a were moose. In the darkness of a dwarven fortress. In the middle of the jungle.

Needless to say, didn't survive that.

It gets weirder; after dying the dwarven site government impaled the outsider on a bitter orange wooden spear... I didn't know dwarves did that...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 06:50:13 pm by therahedwig »
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15770 on: December 19, 2019, 11:25:56 am »

ok so in my playthrough of Adventure mode vanilla I some how found out giving Named trinkets to folks makes them trust you for military positions, and ended up convincing this weresheep lady, and around 4 other angels(who were my companions the weresheep was pretty much on site) to join this fort under the idea of being a military-dwarf. and after one mission they seem to fully join the fort proper.

now I got like around 5 angels, a 268 year old Grandma weresheep human in this fort. this does make me wonder if it's possible to bind the local master of the goblin fort and convince them to join this player's fort also.

"body swapping and YOU!"

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15771 on: December 19, 2019, 01:16:00 pm »

Saw a stationary * outside of town and dropped down to investigate:
3 zombie giant cougars
1 zombie alligator
1 troglodyte
1 troll
and 6 night creatures (all different kinds)

We managed to beat them pretty handily, though - only lost one companion, and no lasting injures on anyone else. The monsters fought each other as much as they fought us, which helped.
You should definetly look up one of them in leegends and see why they were there, tehy were clearly together. So maybe they formed a strange af bandit gang or something.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #15772 on: December 21, 2019, 09:13:10 am »

You: What can you tell me about Olon Paintedwisdom?
The diplomat Dastot Stizashendok strikes the queen Olon Logemdosīm in the lower body with his Tadesesh, bruising the muscle and bruising the lower spine's bone through the cave spider silk cloak!
Muscular speardwarf (to fuse-lobed-ears goblin crossbowman): Not a quarter hour ago Zan Dippedstockade attacked Inod Dwellerbasements.
The stray cat licks himself.
The queen Olon Logemdosīm attacks the diplomat Dastot Stizashendok but He scrambles away!
The muscular speardwarf stands up.
The stray cat head-bumps the stray muscular horse.
The diplomat Dastot Stizashendok bites the queen Olon Logemdosīm in the upper lip from behind and the injured part is torn apart!
The diplomat Dastot Stizashendok latches on firmly!
The queen Olon Logemdosīm punches the diplomat Dastot Stizashendok in the right lower arm from behind with her left hand, bruising the muscle through the cave spider silk cloak!
The force twists the right elbow, tearing apart the muscle and bruising the bone and tearing apart the muscle and bruising the bone!
A ligament has been bruised and a tendon has been bruised!
The queen Olon Logemdosīm (to goblin bone doctor): The Furnace of Spots is at war with us.
The stray cat head-bumps the stray frail horse.
The stray dog stands up.
Muscular speardwarf: There's fighting!  I feel very uneasy.
The queen Olon Logemdosīm breaks the grip of The diplomat Dastot Stizashendok's upper front teeth on the queen Olon Logemdosīm's upper lip.
The diplomat Dastot Stizashendok: The Halls of Rapidity are my comrades.

-Snip-

You: What can you tell me about Dastot Kindlingattics?
The queen Olon Logemdosīm (to goblin bone doctor): I have improved my fighting.  That was satisfying.
The queen Olon Logemdosīm retches.
The queen Olon Logemdosīm strikes the diplomat Dastot Stizashendok in the left lower arm from behind with her giant cave spider silk sock, bruising the muscle through the xcave spider silk cloakx!
The force twists the left elbow!
The stray turkey hen stands up.
The queen Olon Logemdosīm retches.
The thin weaver stands up.
The queen Olon Logemdosīm: The Halls of Rapidity are my comrades.

So... I guess loyalty cascades are possible in adventure mode too...?
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #15773 on: December 21, 2019, 09:59:54 am »

Yeah, that's an unfortunate (although often humorous) bug in the current version. I believe it's related to artifact claims. Basically, all dwarven nobility hang out at the mountainhome, and most of them carry some sort of artifact as a family heirloom. But since nearly all the dwarven nobles are related to each other (thanks to inbreeding) they all have claims on each other's artifacts - so when they see another noble handling their stuff, they demand that they drop the artifact, and when the other predictably refuses a brawl breaks out. Cue loyalty cascade. It's why I don't visit mountainhomes if I can help it.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #15774 on: December 21, 2019, 03:52:08 pm »

That seems pretty on-theme for dwarves, really.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15775 on: December 22, 2019, 07:57:44 am »

ok so last time I ended up realizing I can get a bogeyman to escape the cackling through the death of an adventurer.... by the hand of someone else not the bogeyman.
which lead to one of my companions getting mauled,
a shocking discovery that means it's possible to just have bogeymen roaming the world post-cackling in vanilla, that and the only way they could pull this off is if the adventurer dies before the cackling ends.

but other than that I found out I could assign my adventurer as a expedition leader and military commander so it's possible to just kick Everyone out then control the fort, assign companions to military positions to add them to the fort and build a personal community of folks I pick up off the road in vanilla.

which feels like an Adv mode megaproject if one could set it up right.

edit: ok so some time now in uhh 12/25 I experimented with this enough to set up new fort start.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 03:43:47 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

TeaAndRum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15776 on: January 09, 2020, 07:29:33 pm »

I made a new adventurer, hope this is the last one before the villain update.
Vutok Waroil, ochre-haired dwarven lieutenant to a lone boss, worshipper of minerals. Boss told me that the times are peaceful, so I decided to leave the security of my home, the bandit camp. Surely there must be some trouble in this vast world! After raiding a bunch of kobolds, I looted a pick from their treasure pile. Familiar tool to the dwarvenkind, but somewhat rare find on the surface. 'Tis no coincidence. Surely the Goddess must've granted it, to dig through the hearts of the world!

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15777 on: January 09, 2020, 10:24:45 pm »

I'm saving my next adventurer game for the villain update since it'll be coming out any day now, already have a pretty concrete idea of the kind of party I want to run. :)
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15778 on: January 09, 2020, 10:41:54 pm »

so I done a lot mostly screw around with the adventurer military recruit function.
ended up finding out you can recruit ghosts, also that bogeymen can show up in fort mode with out modding the game,
and requires talking to them then killing the adventurer.

overall realize the method I have set up allows one to clear the units that show up to a fort during retiring and add them proper.

also screwing around with getting folks captured and raiding with companions. really open up Dwarf fortress for me, I think you can convert someone's alliance by enlisting them to your military even though they are part of an other faction's army.
"body swapping and YOU!"

TeaAndRum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15779 on: January 09, 2020, 11:55:18 pm »

I'm saving my next adventurer game for the villain update since it'll be coming out any day now, already have a pretty concrete idea of the kind of party I want to run. :)
You mean, it's not possible to add villain update to this version's worldgens? Also, what sort of party did you have in mind? Curious.
Pages: 1 ... 1050 1051 [1052] 1053 1054 ... 1103