Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994782 times)

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15795 on: January 18, 2020, 10:32:56 am »

The unretire issues are all on the reclaim page:
https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Reclaim_fortress_mode
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15796 on: January 18, 2020, 10:43:38 am »

well after the angel stuff and finally getting a fort mode playable fiend I wonder if there's a title for projects that require heavy dedication of both adventure mode and Fort mode?
I've been nicknaming this (or in general DF features that only seem possible by switching between fort and adventure mode a lot) 'hybrid play'.

How does one give expedition leader titles to other entities?
I think this is the order of actions...

• Made a fort.
  • Retired.
  • Made a (flying) adventurer.
  • Went to retired fort.
  • Smooched up to militia commander by giving them named trinkets, then asked to become a member of the militia
  • had the background of the flying adventurer be part of the fort so I don't have to do this step
  • Retired adventurer
  • Un-retired fort.
  • Made adventurer, who is now part of the fort, the expedition leader, and military commander
  • retired fort (?)
  • Took adventurer down to the underworld via, I guess a cave Digging Straight down since I'm in fort mode, but it might also be via a dark fortress or just breaching the hfs, looking for a demon
  • Smooched up to demon, die constantly, then get the idea of Giving them the expedition leader status instead of being a military dwarf since that seems to bypass them shutting you down for being a dangerous beast via I guess trinkets?, asked them to become a militia commander.
  • was lucky to find one near the fort to grant expedition leader title Brought them back to fort
  • Unretired fort
  • Made demon an expedition leader
  • watch the Demon just walk out of HFS on their own and became a expedition leader
  • then watch said demon get mauled by 2 Hawk demons that were left at the fort due to past failed experiments
-snip-
slight changes but this is basically how it went down whole lot of adventurer deaths went down to complete this, I think everyone But 1 adventurer is still alive, the last one died of dehydration migrating the demon to a different fort, but it seems by the time they shifted to being an expedition leader they calm down and became a normal fort citizen which made the previous recruiting set up alot easier.
though yeah barrels were up turned and chests were scattered so I don't think these forts are going to be heavy on the container placement.

Also learn that you can make an impromptu bridge with named camps which is mostly how I cut through a mountain to transport this bear easily.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit: ok went and tried this process again with out screwing it up and got this scene instead.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 04:53:19 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #15797 on: January 20, 2020, 12:25:10 pm »

*spits fireball*
I'm in!

Is that how they toast?
In a time before time, I had a name.

9joseph9

• Bay Watcher
  • no poker face whatsoever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15798 on: January 21, 2020, 09:20:07 am »

Currently trying to start a hunting lodge in adventure mode.

What I've got so far: A hunting cabin in a snowy mountain pass of which I am Lady, four dwarven monster slayer/beast hunter hearthpersons (though only one of them seems to be brave enough to stand and fight whenever we run into anything bigger than a coyote), plenty of food stowed to last a long time, and a cache of skulls I plan on taking to a fortress to have made into totems (unless somebody can help me with modding in a reaction to make totems in adventure mode. The raws and I don't get along.)

What I'm planning: I would like to recruit some human followers just so I don't feel quite so much like some kind of edgy, beast hunting reboot of Snow White, more buildings and defenses (a tavern perhaps?), and I also plan to retire my adventurer at a fortress for a brief time just so I can go in with DFHack and make her not asexual. I don't know if that will lead to anything if I retire her for a while, but I think it would be cool to play as an adventurer who actually has a family for once.

Mothrorfel
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 06:13:56 pm by 9joseph9 »
It is by my will alone I set my dwarves into motion

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15799 on: January 21, 2020, 02:19:23 pm »

Your image doesn't load - you need to use the URL https://i.imgur.com/6cLzeho.png
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

9joseph9

• Bay Watcher
  • no poker face whatsoever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15800 on: January 21, 2020, 06:15:08 pm »

Ah thanks, it's been awhile since I was on this site. :D
It is by my will alone I set my dwarves into motion

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15801 on: January 22, 2020, 06:10:00 am »

So I have been using ZM5's modpack to experiment with resurrecting adventurers. Val'Kyr has an interaction that can resurrects and should fully heal.

Adventurers who died and were resurrected while retired remained playable. Adventurer who was killed on his adventure and then resurrected by a different adventurer did not.

Also, there were issues with unretiring adventurers. If they retire in different spots, they seem to return to the first place they retired at.
Last one, an outsider, ended up half the world from where I retired him (And he was retired only once). And since he was killed and resurrected (to heal torn hair) and I forgot to return his stuff, he was naked.

So I was returning to where his stuff is. Made a stone axe, killed a carp and a clefthoof and made a backpack and some clothing.

Then, at night, I was attacked by 2 jungle spiders. Killed one, the other ran.
Next day, I found a Tortollan camp. A bowman from there later ambushed me. I beat him with the stone axe, breaking it, took his bow and after he died also his quiver and 38 mithril arrows.

Then, in the evening, a Kunchong ambushed me. It was a terrible fight. It took about 30 arrows to break it's legs and wings. I ran out of arrows, and ended up beating it with a rock a few times.
But for safety reasons, I started throwing rocks, ticks, slugs and louses instead. It took a break from the fight, killing two giant crows.
In the meanwhile, I devised a plan. I caught it in a ring of fire.
I threw rocks and leaves for a while, then I went, made a new stone axe and used the bones of one of the crows to make a bunch of stone arrows.
I started shooting the Kunchong with those. Then the fire around the Kunchong started to go out.
But at this point, the Kunchong was alive, but not moving. I kept pummeling it with arrows, and eventually it suffocated from bruised lungs.

I jumped onto the tile where it died, picked up the corpse and a mithril arrow that was stuck in it, then jumped into a murky pool. I was steamed, but unburned.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #15802 on: January 26, 2020, 04:28:39 pm »

Probably one of my more harrowing fights:

It's like a dragon, but several times stronger, can't feel pain, can't get nauseous or winded or stunned, doesn't bleed, and doesn't need a brain - so none of the typical weakening strategies would work.

Before that I shot ~50 bolts at it from hiding; most of them hit, fracturing bones etc, but basically did nothing. So I had to sneak up on it with sword and shield - but before I quite got there it saw me and breathed fire, setting the grass aflame as you can see. Fortunately the fire around the dragon went out quickly, so there were non-burning spaces for me to dodge to.

The dragon's skull now graces my mead-hall, and its meat and organs fill ten barrels in my storehouse.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #15803 on: January 27, 2020, 05:10:52 pm »

I fought a zombie hydra once and good lord that was hard. I had to pulp all 7 heads. I lamed it early, periodically running away to rest before coming back for more chopping. Big zombies without the normal zombie "health bar" are no joke.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #15804 on: January 28, 2020, 10:33:32 pm »

Forgotten Beast: just tryin' to do a day's work...

I guess he was trying to topple the cabinet. He never attacked me (which is fortunate, since he apparently had deadly dust); instead he just "worked" for a few ticks, then went to sleep - woke up when I stabbed him, worked some more, then fell asleep again...

He was a giant feathery snail with wings, for those interested.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15805 on: January 29, 2020, 02:22:39 am »

Well new dfhack is out and decided to play around with few of the updated stuff.
so far being able to mess with a creature enemy Caste flags feels like a dang blast as now one could dfhack on talking to animals, an turn on or off certain megabeast enemy caste flags
though other than that uhh found out that you can dig holes under the surface of an adv camp and going into the build mode reveals those dig holes, which means I could set up an underground base on the surface with out needing to go into the caverns.
other than that in vanilla adv news :
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15806 on: January 29, 2020, 10:32:13 am »

Been messing around with pets. Looks like, unlike companions, they just disappear once they go offscreen.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15807 on: January 29, 2020, 11:43:12 am »

Been messing around with pets. Looks like, unlike companions, they just disappear once they go offscreen.

Theres gotta be something else here, if the pets are hist figs they must end up somewhere, things dont just dissappear in df. Check legends mode.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15808 on: January 29, 2020, 12:29:37 pm »

I tried an adventure. A human and her pet goat. All was fine, I killed a Roc and a Giant. The goat did not help much, but he was loyal.
Then, while searching for a second giant in a deep cavern I accidentaly swam under a tree. I kept drowning even once I was out from under it and died.
I guess that is what being merely a novice swimmer does to you.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
  • RIP Emeg Orglebeamed, the Domination of Castles
    • View Profile
« Reply #15809 on: January 29, 2020, 01:57:38 pm »

Theres gotta be something else here, if the pets are hist figs they must end up somewhere, things dont just dissappear in df. Check legends mode.

I had some issues where pets would get stuck in sites if they can't open doors and follow you, but they remain in the site. Do pets that are left behind in the wilderness show up on the travel map?
Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 ... 1103