Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1061 1062 [1063] 1064 1065 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2015614 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15930 on: February 14, 2020, 08:50:31 pm »

Joxer has continued to travel.  Mostly ruined towns, Castles full of goblins, and finally found a massive walled city, with shops, a castle, and an open air market.  Goblins seem to outnumber the rest - but there are Humans, Elves, Dwarfs, and Night Warriors?  Experiments that use to be Elves?  They all live together.  Well, random fights seem to happen.  Or maybe it seems random to me? 

Tried trading but the Adventure trading is somewhat confusing - I drop the items I sold?  I kept thinking I had messed up the trade and kept picking up the items.  In the end I finally figured out what was going on as my pack was now fill of coins from trading the same item again and again....so I ran off with all the coins and my items.  Well, I did NOT cheat one of the Night Warriors - I just cheated the Human trader.  Funny enough he was wounded because another trader, a Goblin, attacked him.  That's....business...?

I have camped outside a couple of times and nothing has happened.  Do bears count as members of a 'party'?  Finding shrines all over the place.  Inside Cities, in Fortresses, inside crappy Towns, on the roads.   
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 09:48:29 pm by callisto8413 »
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15931 on: February 14, 2020, 09:52:22 pm »

Joxer has continued to travel.  Mostly ruined towns, Castles full of goblins, and finally found a massive walled city, with shops, a castle, and an open air market.  Goblins seem to outnumber the rest - but there are Humans, Elves, Dwarfs, and Night Warriors?  Experiments that use to be Elves?  They all live together.  Well, random fights seem to happen.  Or maybe it seems random to me? 

Tried trading but the Adventure trading is somewhat confusing - I drop the items I sold?  I kept thinking I had messed up the trade and kept picking up the items.  In the end I finally figured out what was going on as my pack was now fill of coins from trading the same item again and again....so I ran off with all the coins and my items.  Well, I did NOT cheat one of the Night Warriors - I just cheated the Human trader.  Funny enough he was wounded because another trader, a Goblin, attacked him.  That's....business...?

I have camped outside a couple of times and nothing has happened.  Do bears count as members of a 'party'?  Finding shrines all over the place.  Inside Cities, in Fortresses, inside crappy Towns, on the roads.   
Pets count as part of your companion party... also like bogeymen only show up if you are truly alone with no pets, in an Nightmare evil region, the worst thing that can ambush you at night is just Dingoes and Wolves, and Giant Dingoes and Giant Wolves, And Dingomen and Wolfmen which don't stop ambushing you even if you have companions.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15932 on: February 15, 2020, 10:08:07 am »

Dingo and wolf people will ambush you? Never had that myself, though in 0.44.12 I did have to fight a giant saltwater crocodile that ambushed me. Or I think it was a crocodile. Either way, I surprised myself by winning that fight. I was in a savage area at the time.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #15933 on: February 15, 2020, 10:15:41 am »

Started my first adventure mode in 47.02.  Made a small world, 125 years, seemed to be interesting with all the races still surviving.  So, of course, I made Joxer.

Is Joxer at all inspired by the doofy adventurer guy from Xena: Warrior Princess?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #15934 on: February 15, 2020, 10:53:08 am »

I saw two goblins attacking a random goblin child, so I killed them.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15935 on: February 15, 2020, 01:25:18 pm »

Started my first adventure mode in 47.02.  Made a small world, 125 years, seemed to be interesting with all the races still surviving.  So, of course, I made Joxer.

Is Joxer at all inspired by the doofy adventurer guy from Xena: Warrior Princess?

Yes.  His bear is nicknamed "Gabby".   Edit - And all his equipment is wood....*sigh*

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #15936 on: February 15, 2020, 02:55:18 pm »

Yes.  His bear is nicknamed "Gabby".   Edit - And all his equipment is wood....*sigh*

That's great =)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #15937 on: February 15, 2020, 09:56:04 pm »

DF crashed when I talked to an experiment. I had not saved since the beginning of the adventure. Grrrrrrr.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15938 on: February 16, 2020, 01:43:01 pm »

Joxer Warere (his late name meant Ale) and his mount, the war grizzly bear Awiri (who was nicknamed Gabby even though it was a male) had been wandering about the eastern coast.  After Joxer hit a crab the bear attacked and killed the crab.  Joxer, getting sick of eating the same food, butchered the crab for meat, and the two moved north .  Joxer had decided to head towards the lands of the Dwarfs to see if he could get some proper metal weapons.  A good mace which he WAS skilled at - I had assumed being a Human he would have started with Humans but I had been wrong - as I had stated in earlier posts.  He knew the Dwarf traders had come from the north as there were no Dwarf settlements to the south - that was all dark pits.

The region he had been travelling was some kind of ever changing border between the Goblins and the Elves.  There were also humans in the region but it looks like their Civilization had been either absorbed by the two sides OR was so tiny that Joxer could not find the remaining members.  He had also been warned, by a Goblin Priest, that the area was evil.  So he had another reason to head out.

Sadly, they ran into a male bowman "mate" of a night creature(?)  During the day.  Armed with a small skinning knife it killed "Gabby" and started a fight with Joxer.  Joxer was a VERY skilled dodger but could not land a hit or a stab or even a bite on the ...whatever it was...and soon was receiving wounds.  Bleeding and tired and, for some reason sleepy, he dropped his own weapons and went down to be dismembered by the creature.  And so ended Joxer "Ale".   :-\

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15939 on: February 16, 2020, 09:35:50 pm »

A vampire is "dean" of... somewhere. I dunno what a dean is.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15940 on: February 16, 2020, 11:05:58 pm »

A crippled goblin bit my armored leg and somehow killed me with that annoying colateral damage that Toady introduced some versions ago. This is so retarded.

Dain

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15941 on: February 17, 2020, 01:25:09 pm »

It's started with my fortress in 47.02 where everything went well until I send some squad look for artifact. My dwarf started engraving in my head i though they went crazy because of the artifact. That how my demigod human went on an adventure to found this artifact, he was a dumb but powerful warrior. On his way to the fortress which was called Searchwheel, he stumble upon a dwarf civilization in the mountain and got lost inside of it and died hungry.

Still am frustrated about this one.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15942 on: February 17, 2020, 03:15:38 pm »

A vampire is "dean" of... somewhere. I dunno what a dean is.
Head of a university. Could be related to guild halls.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #15943 on: February 17, 2020, 03:25:46 pm »

Starting myself an outsider in a fairly hostile world, and I gotta say...I'm starting to fucking hate the new conversation mechanics. 90% of NPCs have worse attention spans than a cat on meth, it really makes it difficult to get info on the local area out of anyone, and once they decide they're done talking they just flat-out fucking clam up. That's not how conversation IRL works. Bare minimum, shouldn't traders and other NPCs who have an actual job at least default to a "please cut the chatter and stick to business" mode?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15944 on: February 17, 2020, 09:38:37 pm »

I was kinda lost in an unpopulated sewers in a town when I finally reached the exit in a temple, only to find a lot of undead rampaging through the city and lots of dead people.
Pages: 1 ... 1061 1062 [1063] 1064 1065 ... 1103