Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1063 1064 [1065] 1066 1067 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1989034 times)

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15960 on: February 27, 2020, 06:42:42 pm »

A night creature stole my pants.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #15961 on: February 27, 2020, 07:09:51 pm »

Did it kill you with them?

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15962 on: February 27, 2020, 07:25:14 pm »

No but it definitely tried to.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15963 on: February 27, 2020, 07:27:16 pm »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15964 on: February 27, 2020, 09:34:23 pm »

No but it definitely tried to.
Did you kill it?

This whole exchange is beautiful and Imma shove it in my sigtext somewhere. :))

I've rolled up a humble outsider-peasant, skilled in the art of Kisat Dur. I've been wandering the hamlets of the local humans for some days now, and now what should I run into but a band of marauding goblin bandits, plundering their way through the half-abandoned village of Tinsnarl!

The bandits surrounded me, weapons in hand, and demanded that I yield and deliver unto them whatever valuables I might happen to possess. Poor and proud as I was, I leapt out of harm's way and refused!

What followed was a prolonged goose-chase between me and seven bandits, all intent on pounding me into a little smear on the ground! With patience and skill I snatched at the weapons of my enemies time and again, dodging and leaping away in the hopes of rendering them without means of defence should the fight turn ugly. After awhile I'd disarmed the lot of them, throwing a blow or two in the process; the goblins grew sluggish and weary as they gave chase. The time had come to seize my opportunity.

Still dodging like a mad thing, I threw a swift array of wild punches to the heads of two straying goblins, rendering them unconscious; with two kicks to the throat I took their lives immediately thereafter. My enemies broke and fled before me; the hunt had reversed, for always the hunt had been under my control. Two more I chased down and slew before the last bandits escaped; I made my way to the river and felled two further.

The last bandit, a mace-goblin by the name of Simo-- the very same mace-goblin that had demanded I yield to its fellows!-- eluded me. I gave chase as best I could, but Simo was a speedy little varmint; I could keep him in my sights well enough but catching up to him for a killing blow was proving difficult. The two of us scurried along in tandem for some time, until together we ran into a game-changer: a herd of unsuspecting horses.

Suddenly remembering which version I was playing, I seized a horse, leapt upon its back, and began the pursuit anew! My new riding buddy was swift, well-rested-- and murderous. We soon caught up with the hapless Simo, and my horse (!) proceeded to beat the ever-living tar out of him. Simo caught a severe case of explodey-head, and my horse claimed a title: Lancerstrap.

Looking about, I realized: this wild chase had taken Lancerstrap and I right to the village mead-hall! The two of us proceeded therein; I told the story of our heroism and gifted Lancerstrap to the lady of the village. Tremendously pleased with her new gift

(she stayed like this the entire time we spoke, no jokes or flattery required!)

the lady Astri explained to me at length the various troubles of the land. It seems there's a bit of a bandit epidemic in the area.

I am Ulsa Skyfallen the Crazed. I have much bandit-killing to do-- first, though, I think I should like to poke about that lair to the southwest. I'm told there's a cyclops in it!

tl;dr: Horses are scary. Also: if you need for whatever reason to have a real long conversation with somebody, gift them an animal first! It works wonders.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15965 on: February 27, 2020, 09:43:59 pm »

I like how now the sig I’m part of isn’t due to a spelling error ;)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15966 on: February 27, 2020, 09:56:52 pm »

The cyclops, of course, slaughtered me with one lucky hit.

I'm sad now.

klonk
Sigtext

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #15967 on: February 27, 2020, 11:13:22 pm »

The cyclops, of course, slaughtered me with one lucky hit.

Aww :'(  this was looking very promising.

I'm sad now.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15968 on: February 28, 2020, 03:18:13 am »

...now that I look back at it, that old spelling-sig was rather tasteless of me. Apologies :-\

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15969 on: February 28, 2020, 04:15:34 am »

...now that I look back at it, that old spelling-sig was rather tasteless of me. Apologies :-\
no need to apologize, the smile was supposed to signify that I’m fine with it

The Dorfmeister

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorlak
    • View Profile
« Reply #15970 on: February 28, 2020, 06:09:19 am »

So, I didn´t find the mummy and fear I never will, because my world doesn´t load anymore. Yesterday everything was fine but now it freezes at Loading World Information and doesn´t react anymore. Time to generate a new world, I guess. I will miss the cool things that happened in this world with the undead and the secluded only minotaur civ though.  :(
GORLAK: A small, round humanoid found wandering the caves deep underground. Most of its body is taken up by a huge tusked mouth. Its skin is goldenrod, its eyes are red.

Dwarves admire Gorlaks for their impressive tusks, stimulating conversations and helpful guidances.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15971 on: February 28, 2020, 07:19:46 am »

wait I read that 'bugged and got placed somewhere miles away' and was thinking couldn't the player just make an outsider human as a waypoint to place their mino adventurer directly where they wanted to go or at least closer to where they wanted to go given that you can choose where you start in your adventure now and set up a party system that transports folks?

fake edit: oh well then welp on that world.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15972 on: February 28, 2020, 10:27:04 am »

I am not a modded, but would it be possible to enter the world files and take the mummy’s files and transfer them to the new world you create?

The Dorfmeister

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorlak
    • View Profile
« Reply #15973 on: February 28, 2020, 11:56:14 am »

My world is back and running again. Turns out my computer had some RAM issues. A check from the virus scanner revealed the culprit: Some kind of malware that constantly drained my RAM, seemingly blocking more and more of it until games like DF won´t work correctly anymore. I noticed the computer having some issues before but I thought it´s because it is not the newest model anymore.

Anyways, after cleaning the malware, DF managed to load up the world without problems. I copied my save file, retired and launched Legends Viewer, and it seems the mummy herself was killed by a minotaur earlier, also there are still hundreds of zombies running around in the ruined hillocks, but at least their numbers can´t grow anymore.

I guess I could try the thing with the adventurer to get my minotaur back into his homelands now as the mummy is dead, so he can retire as the zombie-slaying hero he is. I only fear if I retire him at some site he transports around back to the humans near the north end of the worldmap again. (My minotaurs live in the southeastern corner of the world, surrounded by mountains and an ocean.)
GORLAK: A small, round humanoid found wandering the caves deep underground. Most of its body is taken up by a huge tusked mouth. Its skin is goldenrod, its eyes are red.

Dwarves admire Gorlaks for their impressive tusks, stimulating conversations and helpful guidances.

Jackwick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15974 on: February 28, 2020, 12:38:43 pm »

After retiring at a location, I find that adventurers usually hang out for a while, though they do sometimes travel, like any character would. I once had my elephant man berserker settle down and become mayor of a fortress, where he lived out the rest of his days in peace.
Pages: 1 ... 1063 1064 [1065] 1066 1067 ... 1103