Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1071 1072 [1073] 1074 1075 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2016596 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16080 on: May 12, 2020, 05:04:00 pm »

Picking up aquatic only pets I just notice merfolk will rush to the nearest pool of water on their own which is a detail that saves me having to drag them into the water.

that does mean spending most of my adventurers near the river side and hoping I could give them a syndrome that makes them not need to breathe.
mug of vampirism

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16081 on: May 13, 2020, 05:04:55 am »

Picking up aquatic only pets I just notice merfolk will rush to the nearest pool of water on their own which is a detail that saves me having to drag them into the water.

that does mean spending most of my adventurers near the river side and hoping I could give them a syndrome that makes them not need to breathe.
mug of vampirism

it's the year 2020 Dwarf fortress currently got Dwarf Farms made by merfolks to harvest their priceless blood.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16082 on: May 15, 2020, 11:28:51 pm »

I just set out as an adventurer.

A polar Bear (wo)man, who opted to stock up on polar bear sized armor instead of a weapon, and 8 trolls.

Why can I afford 8 troll pets to accompany me?  Well the civ I started with apparently allows them, and idk why but trolls cost 1 point?  Its possible my own modding, which Ive carried over from older versions, just didnt account for the possibilities for companions, but alas.

Does anyone else get absurdly cheap companions?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16083 on: May 16, 2020, 06:49:17 am »

I just set out as an adventurer.

A polar Bear (wo)man, who opted to stock up on polar bear sized armor instead of a weapon, and 8 trolls.

Why can I afford 8 troll pets to accompany me?  Well the civ I started with apparently allows them, and idk why but trolls cost 1 point?  Its possible my own modding, which Ive carried over from older versions, just didnt account for the possibilities for companions, but alas.

yes, but that's mostly due to modding entity animal token creatures show up in the pet list which means having a multi-culture civ means you could spend points on getting 70 dwarves, or elves or goblins... or shell out 1001 for a bogeyman, or realize as an outsider you can just buy as many gremlins you are willing to spend in vanilla.
"body swapping and YOU!"

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16084 on: May 16, 2020, 09:58:19 pm »

So I stumbled across an infant ghoul.

She was not a zombie, and also was not hostile.  She was accompanied by a slightly older child.

They took quite a whallop and were clearly not natural.  After murdering them I looked it up, a human night creature did it.  how tragic.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #16085 on: May 18, 2020, 03:55:41 am »

Looking at the raws, Trolls don't have the PETVALUE token which controls pet cost using the formula PETVALUE/2+1. I suppose PETVALUE defaults to zero, giving you a 1 point cost.

KoishisWorld

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16086 on: May 24, 2020, 08:13:35 pm »

Had a Night Troll spawn in one of my outsider adventurer's runs inside a hillock where they started, amusingly it led to all the dwarves dogpiling onto it immediately right after i moved once.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #16087 on: May 26, 2020, 07:50:13 am »

Everyone inside was crushed by the collapsing roof. It's pretty IC for the character I'm playing though. ;)

Edit: It rebuilt itself minus the doors after I left and returned.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16088 on: May 26, 2020, 03:04:56 pm »

Interesting.  Is the cavern underneath still there?
PKs DF Mod!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #16089 on: May 27, 2020, 01:42:19 am »

Interesting.  Is the cavern underneath still there?
Nope. But the doors and human corpses inside are gone.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 01:44:08 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16090 on: May 31, 2020, 09:47:52 am »

so poke around the adv build menu stuff and learn about making a camp on any site though the bigger discovery is being able to move the camp made on a site which copies the section of the original site the camp is on.

which means I don't have to slam a camp boat on smaller sites to copy them and can copy anything now.

now I can copy and paste sections of the worldmap and move them around to make a patchwork landscape and also transfer the folks from those locales.

I guess RP wise I can take the site full of inhabitants and take them to a bandit camp, or a lair and show them the beast to fight or watch what the inhabitants would do when I get into an ambush, or could save a site layout from a town and move it.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16091 on: June 08, 2020, 01:40:16 am »

I'd... I'd never seen this quest addendum before :-\
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #16092 on: June 08, 2020, 10:23:43 am »

The twisted sister bit or "save us from this horror"?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16093 on: June 08, 2020, 03:13:12 pm »

Yeah, that happens when a relative is transformed. It's pretty rare, but I've seen it before.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16094 on: June 08, 2020, 08:13:15 pm »

The twisted sister bit or "save us from this horror"?

The twisted sister bit. Very sad.
Night varmint died right fast, at least. I've since resumed my cheery abuse of the local wildlife.

Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 1071 1072 [1073] 1074 1075 ... 1103