Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1995373 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16125 on: July 28, 2020, 04:35:33 pm »

well I usually write or put up gifs of all my adv mode discoveries but a guide to adventure mode from me would be like "don't go into this mode expecting the game to give you more stuff to do when you get more fame, and there other ways to get renown than from taking a life."

like I pretty much play pacifist and look into things you could attempt to do in adventure mode.
though given the combination of fort mode and adv mode shenanigans you can do It made it really hard to look at other DF media and not go hey you could just have 5 end game units hanging around this player fort.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

cl0wn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16126 on: July 30, 2020, 06:49:41 am »

"You feel uneasy."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16127 on: July 31, 2020, 03:31:43 am »

Nah, everything's fine. Nothing to worry about here.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16128 on: July 31, 2020, 05:05:47 pm »

"You feel uneasy."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"False"

*draws sword, looks at camera*

"This is going to be very easy"
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

madpathmoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16129 on: August 02, 2020, 07:07:08 pm »

I got a request to "clear the forces from a site"; it's a human fort with a single building with a couple dozen goblins in it and two humans; I can tell a human is the leader of the group mentioned in the request because I can ask to join him, but...

What am I supposed to do here?  I can't say anything relevant to the leader; I can't even confront him on being...  Whatever the hell a "master" is.  Are these bandits?  A group of enemy soldiers?  Do I just have to attack one unprovoked and fight the whole room at once?  My character will be an unfeeling emotionless husk after even if I survived, but seeing as "go fight stuff" is the only direction this game gives, I guess it's just intended that every adventurer become dead inside.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16130 on: August 02, 2020, 11:20:22 pm »

Do I just have to attack one unprovoked and fight the whole room at once?  My character will be an unfeeling emotionless husk after even if I survived, but seeing as "go fight stuff" is the only direction this game gives, I guess it's just intended that every adventurer become dead inside.

I don't think you're supposed to kill them. Try to engage in non-lethal combat, make them yield, then see if that solved it. Maybe bring up the fight to the quest giver.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 11:22:02 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16131 on: August 03, 2020, 08:45:47 pm »

Huh-- never seen one of these before!
Looks to be a stab-only weapon. I'll have to give it a whirl, see how it handles.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16132 on: August 04, 2020, 02:44:39 am »

My adventurers have gotten megabeast-slaying hearthperson quests an irritating number of times in a row. Needless to say, I've gone through an alarming number of characters already in this latest world of mine.

Probably a sign that it's time to start roleplaying my adventurers as something other than blindly loyal soldiers.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #16133 on: August 04, 2020, 04:14:51 am »

Huh-- never seen one of these before!
Looks to be a stab-only weapon. I'll have to give it a whirl, see how it handles.
Nail? We Hollow Knight now.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16134 on: August 05, 2020, 01:51:48 pm »

I found an abandoned monastery temple infested with warthogs. Not much else noteworthy about it, just weird that they seemed to be specifically hanging out in the temple.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #16135 on: August 05, 2020, 07:22:31 pm »

I found an abandoned monastery temple infested with warthogs. Not much else noteworthy about it, just weird that they seemed to be specifically hanging out in the temple.

It's normal. If you see wildlife all over a site. It mean the site is abandoned.  I visited an abandoned mercenary fort  filled with chickens.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 07:25:02 pm by Luckyowl »

lukerules117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16136 on: August 07, 2020, 10:35:15 am »

Wanted to mess around with necromancy, looked in legends, found a book containing the secrets of life and death started human outsider to start at the tower it should be in, and after a couple searches I can't seem to find the book. Is there some bugs with tower generation, or could it just be stolen?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16137 on: August 07, 2020, 08:34:52 pm »

Depends on whether you can find historical records of the slab being stolen in legends. If not then probably a bug.

Also small detail I found curious, I noticed just now that jabberers have purple feathers. Is this new to recent versions, because I could've sworn jabberers were featherless in vanilla DF the last time I checked. I'm not complaining, just wondering.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 08:37:45 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16138 on: August 10, 2020, 08:05:39 pm »

They had feathers in 44.12, according to the raws therein. That's as far back as things go on this laptop.

I found a giant in an old carp-man cave. Had three artifacts on him; an iron quarterstaff, a silver two-handed sword and a sock. He was looking the other way so I slit his throat and ran like hell, and despite several close calls i.e. getting knocked prone and whacked a couple times, I managed to outrun him until he bled out. There was nothing else in that cave. I'm an axe user with no skills with these artifacts, and a tiger woman, so I can't even wear the sock. Will have to figure out what to do with them. Maybe just return them to their last owners' decendents.

I also investigated a bandit fort which was said to have foul goings-on in it, but found no necromancer or indeed any evidence of one. Maybe they left?

I also got some broken fingers in a fight with some dingoes, and my healing and reformation spells aren't healing the injured nails. Will have to take another look into the interactions.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16139 on: August 11, 2020, 07:58:32 am »

Just found out about a religion in my latest world called The Order of Dragons, which is dedicated to the worship a god called Arul the God-King of Nobles. In short, it's a religion with a really badass name that reveres a deity with a really badass name.
Pages: 1 ... 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 ... 1103