Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1075 1076 [1077] 1078 1079 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1995328 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16140 on: August 11, 2020, 02:38:14 pm »

Also I'm thinking my next adventure will involve a party composed entirely of necro experiments.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16141 on: August 11, 2020, 06:23:46 pm »

Just found out about a religion in my latest world called The Order of Dragons, which is dedicated to the worship a god called Arul the God-King of Nobles. In short, it's a religion with a really badass name that reveres a deity with a really badass name.

Arul the God-King of Nobles has mandated the construction of animal traps!
Arul the God-King of Nobles has banned the export of socks!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16142 on: August 11, 2020, 07:55:44 pm »

Arul the God-King of Nobles has mandated the construction of animal traps!
Arul the God-King of Nobles has banned the export of socks!

And the people rejoiced
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16143 on: August 13, 2020, 01:11:04 pm »

I slew three rocs last night. I slit the throats of the first two before engaging them, the third spotted me first, but I whacked it's feet and wings hard enough it passed out from pain. Then I slit it's throat.

I encountered a village on the western edge of the world which didn't have any trade or political connections, but was home to the Holy Glen, who was the bonafide leader of the town. They rejoice at my conquests.

I also got attacked by dingoes and they ruined my masterwork pig leather cloak I made myself. I was furious. So I made a masterwork cloak out of them.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16144 on: August 14, 2020, 04:05:49 am »

"I desire that Blencheddredged the Blame of Companies the copper spear be returned to me. Last I heard, I had it."
-An evidently very confused elf.

Also in the same adventure that had said hilarious quote, I learned to my surprise that books written by necromancers about the secrets of life and death have the same properties as the original god slabs. I found it a rather cool addition, seeing as it has that "tome of forbidden lore" vibe which has long been an iconic fantasy trope.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 04:32:13 am by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16145 on: August 14, 2020, 10:59:10 am »

I also got attacked by dingoes and they ruined my masterwork pig leather cloak I made myself. I was furious. So I made a masterwork cloak out of them.
Justice

"I desire that Blencheddredged the Blame of Companies the copper spear be returned to me. Last I heard, I had it."
So wot'd you do, buy it in trade then give it back?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16146 on: August 14, 2020, 05:38:23 pm »

No, because the weird thing is that he didn't actually have it but claimed otherwise. Who's to say whether this spear ever even existed? Maybe it's just a figment of his fevered imagination.

When I interrogated him he mentioned he had a dwarf necromancer nab the spear for him about a hundred years earlier, so maybe thanks to some bugged mechanic the game registered the spear as having been returned to him as soon as it entered his underling's inventory? That's my best guess, anyway. Should look the whole story up in Legends when I get the chance.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 05:40:42 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #16147 on: August 14, 2020, 07:09:42 pm »

books written by necromancers about the secrets of life and death have the same properties as the original god slabs. I found it a rather cool addition, seeing as it has that "tome of forbidden lore" vibe which has long been an iconic fantasy trope.

"The secrets of life and death have MUNDANE_RECORDING_ENABLED."

- our beloved wiki

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16148 on: August 14, 2020, 07:24:43 pm »

That's cool. Yeah, it probably shouldn't have been news to me but it was.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16149 on: August 15, 2020, 11:09:49 pm »

My latest adventurer was attacked by a couple of bandits in the hills. She demanded their axeman yield, which he did...immediately after killing her.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16150 on: August 16, 2020, 01:21:55 am »

Currently making an adventurer.  Have a strong need to be creative.  Trying to change it into a slight need.  Wiki says it's based entirely on the "Artwork" belief.  Reducing "Artwork" doesn't seem to be doing anything...
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16151 on: August 16, 2020, 01:50:11 am »

Where's their "inclined to create art" metre at in personality traits? IIRC that's just as important.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16152 on: August 16, 2020, 10:15:31 pm »

Don't remember.  I ended up randomizing their personality to get rid of it.  Wiki says it's entirely decided by the "Artwork" belief.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #16153 on: August 17, 2020, 01:44:22 am »

This means that the last time the elf heard about the spear's current owner, it was himself.  So he owned it and it was taken, but he didn't witness the theft or hear from anyone else who did.

It's basically the same as if you lose something of yours and insist that someone must have stolen it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16154 on: August 17, 2020, 08:13:28 pm »

It's basically the same as if you lose something of yours and insist that someone must have stolen it.

This is literally my god damn life working phones for amazon packages 8>
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 1075 1076 [1077] 1078 1079 ... 1103