Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1076 1077 [1078] 1079 1080 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1995050 times)

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16155 on: September 17, 2020, 08:32:06 pm »

I found a ruined kobold cave inhabited by multiple artifact-stealing ettin, one of which was non-hostile until I encountered a second ettin, at which point both attacked me.

Edit: One of them has a slab with the secrets of life and death engraved on it. It's not a necromancer, it just has the slab.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 09:08:13 pm by ChaosPotato »
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16156 on: September 20, 2020, 01:40:43 am »

I found a ruined kobold cave inhabited by multiple artifact-stealing ettin, one of which was non-hostile until I encountered a second ettin, at which point both attacked me.

Edit: One of them has a slab with the secrets of life and death engraved on it. It's not a necromancer, it just has the slab.
Check legends mode after you're done. Sometimes, you can see some pretty cool stuff. Like a cave inhabited by a large megabeast family.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

SomeGuy3

• Bay Watcher
  • Licking dwarf meat is the way to escape starvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16157 on: September 20, 2020, 07:12:19 pm »

Nothing special, my eagle man is just going around, following a river to see where it takes him, he's got a lot of different varieties of meat, but almost no water, worst part? The river is frozen and everything's covered in snow, so he has to constantly make campfires just to heat snow and drink it.
He's doing well, he seems really tough, he survived an alligator and an entire pack of dingos, the only threat to him is mortality, but we're gonna fix that soon *wink wink*

EDIT: Onol found a tower and got killed by a zombie, guess they aren't weaker than an alligator
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 11:42:37 am by SomeGuy3 »
What's the deal with keas? They're cute little birds in real life, but in the game they're just dumb Ks that aren't useful at all!

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16158 on: October 04, 2020, 12:47:47 pm »

Rezzed my ally as an Intelligent Undead after a Night Troll caused her to suffocate to death. She's killed five Night Trolls since then (in the space of a week or two), using her Propel interaction to play ping-pong with them while rotting their spine, then finishing by stabbing them through the head with a pike. The lass' practically unstoppable, from what I've seen of her so far.

Now, to get to maximum fame, recruit companions, and repeat this another eighteen times...
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16159 on: October 06, 2020, 08:34:14 am »

in my pursuit of getting bogeymen to talk I stumbled into bogeymen taking the lessons of performance art to heart and putting on big shows.

still unable to find a vanilla way to get them to talk though.
what this taught me is if you make a tavern zone stretch out to cover the entire campsite the residence of the site will start performing.
so I guess making a temple might get me something else.
and go see if making bogeymen monks could solve this issue.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16160 on: October 08, 2020, 03:16:38 pm »

Well, uh... I'm starting a new adventurer and along with the usual dwarf/human/goblin/elf options, there's also two types of demon I can play as. What's the deal with this?
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #16161 on: October 08, 2020, 03:32:55 pm »

Are you sure they're demons? They might be necromancer experiments.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16162 on: October 08, 2020, 03:34:20 pm »

That's true---I do have some dwarf civs with necromancers.

But the options are "Demon of Vaboktat" and "Kubukthabum's Demon," which seems pretty unambiguous to me.
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #16163 on: October 08, 2020, 03:38:39 pm »

[Name]'s [Thing] is a format I've noticed for the procedurally generated experiment names, though it's unfortunate if the name generator is calling them demons.

Try playing as one and then check your own description.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16164 on: October 08, 2020, 03:41:25 pm »

Huh, you're right. Apparently it's a small, one-eyed, genderless humanoid that was created by a necromancer in Squirtedhammers. Go figure.

....what are the pros and cons of starting as a necromancer experiment?
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #16165 on: October 08, 2020, 04:31:51 pm »

You don't need to eat, drink, or sleep, iirc. If it's big or small you'll get the associated benefit or downside of that. I think that's about all there is? In my version you can't pet animals which is a shame, but I'm pretty sure that got fixed.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16166 on: October 08, 2020, 04:37:12 pm »

Huh, you're right. Apparently it's a small, one-eyed, genderless humanoid that was created by a necromancer in Squirtedhammers. Go figure.

....what are the pros and cons of starting as a necromancer experiment?

A point-by-point summary, from what I know:

Pros
    • No need to eat, sleep, or drink.
    • Unlikely, but may have inherent interactions, or syndrome-bearing secretions
    • Should have [NOPAIN] - no more passing out from a broken bone and getting mobbed by enemies.
    • NOFEAR and I think you technically register as Undead, so Bogeymen and non-intelligent Undead should not be hostile to you.
      Cons
      • Still can get exhausted, (maybe) stunned, and still have to breathe.
      • Wrestlers and biters may be extremely dangerous depending on your size.
      • Cannot learn Necromancer secrets, so say goodbye to any chance of raising an Undead army without a companion.
      • Depending on your exact size in the raws, certain sizes of armour may not fit you. Not too much of a problem overall, since Experiments are usually Human or Dwarf-ish in size.
      • Cannot worship any Deities, making becoming a Werebeast/Vampire slightly harder.

All in all, it's a pretty good deal - most of the cons are case-by-case, while the advantages let you deal with a fair few of the usual difficulties an adventurer may face. If you want to metagame a bit for whatever reason, I'd advise you check the raws (world.dat with save compression off) to see what they have to offer before choosing one.[/list][/list]
      « Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 04:41:28 pm by Quantum Drop »
      I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #16167 on: October 08, 2020, 06:16:20 pm »

Awesome, thanks!
      Give your dwarves a pet
      The check-laundry script

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
      • REMOVE KOBOLD
        • View Profile
      « Reply #16168 on: October 09, 2020, 02:15:44 am »

Cannot worship any Deities, making becoming a Werebeast/Vampire slightly harder.

Using dice is easier than toppling statues, anyway.
      Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #16169 on: October 09, 2020, 07:01:34 pm »

I found a dwarven site (hillocks) with absolutely no dwarves in it; it's instead inhabited by 43 necromancer experiments.
      hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now
      Pages: 1 ... 1076 1077 [1078] 1079 1080 ... 1103