Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2018654 times)

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16170 on: October 10, 2020, 06:25:55 am »

I found a dwarven site (hillocks) with absolutely no dwarves in it; it's instead inhabited by 43 necromancer experiments.
(Laughs in Heartwhispers)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16171 on: October 10, 2020, 07:18:20 am »

Jesus Christ.

I love the idea of two goblins hanging out with their 4.2 million homies.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16172 on: October 10, 2020, 07:45:54 am »

Jesus Christ.

I love the idea of two goblins hanging out with their 4.2 million homies.

Yeah, the Museum (Third Edition) has a few places like that. Completely nuts in the way only DF can be.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16173 on: October 10, 2020, 12:44:07 pm »

Well made very lil progress on bogeyman civil project but learn that you can gift pets to anyone regardless if they can talk or not.
also it seems like create ghoul is an experiment only interaction that necromancers can learn, so toggling that off or figuring out a way to get your experiment access to what possibly the most insane spell that necromancers can get next to summon nightmares and bogeymen... which is instant ghoulification and can be targeted by line of sight.
so it's less a bite attack necromancers can learn but a spell they learn but restricted to experiment necromancers.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

SomeGuy3

• Bay Watcher
  • Licking dwarf meat is the way to escape starvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16174 on: October 18, 2020, 11:59:57 am »

Update:
Made another adventurer after Onol's unfortunate death: Tulon "Legless" Zulbanathel (We'll get to the legless part later)
He's a peasant dwarf that knows his way around maces and a bit of poetry.

As of now, he left his hamlet and investigated a fortress ruin near his town, Vesselmatched, which was destroyed earlier this year by an attack led by necromancers from a pretty infamous tower called Gemconvent, the poor dwarves of Vesselmatched couldn't win.
When Tulon arrived, he found some pretty intresting stuff, corpses in really bad conditions, a dead horse, a big bedroom, and a LOT of tourmalines.
After that, he decided to go to the capital of his civilization to sell the tourmalines and do other stuff. While he was going to the capital, he got quite intrested in inmortality after seeing what the necromancers were capable of.
When he arrived the capital, he sold the tourmaline for 200 coins, went down the fortress and found a dice, he rolled it over and over, and turned into a vampire, he got what he wanted.
He then stole an mace that had quite a history which i won't tell because it's way too long, in a nutshell: It was a mace that was created back when the Steel of Running was founded, it was stolen over a hundred times before Tulon and was worth a lot.
He then proceeded to try and increase a bit more his power, he wanted to be a necromancer.
Tulon went to Gemconvent and took a slab from the top of the tower, dare i say, this slab is also really old, it's creator was born before recorded history, and now would be over 70 years old, she was also the first worshipper of what would become the main deity of the Gemconvent necromancers, the slab was gifted to her.
After becoming a necromancer, Tulon decided to test his powers by resurrecting a poor dead eagle man in the corner of the tower, it worked.
With all this power, Tulon decided he should do something that would go down in history, what could he do? What about resurrecting arguably the deadliest dragon Oram Num ever saw?
Well then, Tulon decided to go to Tottaedroom and ressurect Fací Fonefedí after 77 years of rest.
During the travel, unfortunately, he got attacked by a giant black bear, which cut off both his legs, he now was legless and eternally prone...

And that's Tulon's story (for now)
What's the deal with keas? They're cute little birds in real life, but in the game they're just dumb Ks that aren't useful at all!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16175 on: October 18, 2020, 09:07:27 pm »

Well made big progress on the civil bogeyman project vanilla edition as I just now through 'quantum leaping' Got possession of a bogeyman through vanilla means.
now the hard part mostly over what with finding bogey biome, freeing the bogeymen from the cackling, and getting 2 necromancers set up to resurrect the other to cause the quantum leap and getting really lucky with the game possessing one of the bogeymen.

so now I'm flying over to the retired dwarf fort to hopefully convince the expedition leader to give up their noble role to true_wing.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #16176 on: October 18, 2020, 10:54:03 pm »

Convince the expedition leader while hurling vicious insults constantly, you mean.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16177 on: October 19, 2020, 09:06:31 am »

ok so learn that this process of possessing them and getting them noble status makes them talk... after 2 years in fort mode murdering everyone arriving to the place.
so now I'm on the 'should have done this sooner.' route of getting them into the military to do a mission so that they can come back with labors added.
which requires peacefully talking to them, which I found out yet again I should have filled this fort with Spider people before hand.

edit: well I did it. it's finally Done. a bogeyman that's playable in fort mode through vanilla means
the years and effort and techniques I gathered all for this moment.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

so with that probably life long megaproject done.... now to look for something else to do in DF.

and a bonus screencap uhh this skeleton horse has been also killing everyone in this fort and seems like the only unit that true_wing doesn't aggro on in the fort.

oh also given that the bogeyman now talks I could just convince them to join me for adventurers and get a bogeyman companion... for a bunch of spiderfolk
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 10:18:19 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16178 on: October 25, 2020, 10:30:17 am »

Forgot that ranged sucks against the undead and went to a tower with a flintlock carbine and only skill in crossbow, used all 100 bullets and only managed to kill three of four had to beat the last one to death with it, should have gotten out of there when the first one took forever to kill, and now I have no ammo and my companion is dead.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16179 on: October 26, 2020, 04:37:39 am »

Well pull off the second attempt at this civil bogeyman in a vanilla player fort again and no one died, outside of the adventurer I had to use to set this up that is.
After this second attempt I just realize this process does weave a tale of adventurers learning necromancy to gain access to bogeymen through nightmare evil biomes and then some of the freed bogeymen join a local dwarven outpost.

so technically this bogeyman is civil enough that I could recruit them as a companion for future adventures.
"body swapping and YOU!"

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16180 on: November 03, 2020, 06:50:50 pm »

I started in a town that was apparently being attacked by a dragon. A LOT of people ran from the town and set up tents near it... among them, the dragon who attacked the town in the first place. Now he's on a tent and isn't hostile for some reason.

Edit: I killed the dragon.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 09:16:13 pm by ChaosPotato »
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16181 on: November 04, 2020, 01:01:33 am »

I started in a town that was apparently being attacked by a dragon. A LOT of people ran from the town and set up tents near it... among them, the dragon who attacked the town in the first place. Now he's on a tent and isn't hostile for some reason.

so the dragon destroyed the town and was settled in the town thus became a refugee in the process, though chances are the dragon had their back towards you when you found them in a tent.
"body swapping and YOU!"

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16182 on: November 04, 2020, 01:18:07 am »

so the dragon destroyed the town and was settled in the town thus became a refugee in the process, though chances are the dragon had their back towards you when you found them in a tent.
It wasn't in a tent, it was on top of the tent, and I was actually able to speak to it without being attacked (I made dragons intelligent). Even when I climbed onto the tent, it didn't attack me until after I stabbed it.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16183 on: November 04, 2020, 02:13:50 am »

It wasn't in a tent, it was on top of the tent, and I was actually able to speak to it without being attacked (I made dragons intelligent). Even when I climbed onto the tent, it didn't attack me until after I stabbed it.
ok so by making them intelligent that meant they could possibly join a civ and become a citizen or in this case a refugee of a site, you could have convince them to join you on adventures... or made them expedition leader of some site or a monarch but those last two requires gaining it yourself to give to others. or possibly gift them enough items to get them to like you enough to join on adventurers and I think dragons have mount token on them so you could ride one.
"body swapping and YOU!"

SomeGuy3

• Bay Watcher
  • Licking dwarf meat is the way to escape starvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16184 on: November 04, 2020, 05:42:06 pm »

So, Tulon arrived at Tattooedroom, a long journey from southern Oram Num to the central-northern part of the world has been completed, Tulon could finally rest, not for long...
Before taking a nap before exploring the hillocks to, if lucky, find the almost 80 year old, rotting corpse of Fací Fonefedí The Bejeweled Sparks, he got attacked by a group of humans, led by some obscure spearwoman.
The humans started spitting and punching Tulon, asking him for Clutchedknights. Now, while it is true he could have fought back, i remind you, Tulon suffers a mortal wound and has no legs, add it to the fact it was 4 humans in a perfect state against 1 legless and mortally wounded thirsty dwarf.
So he gave them Clutchedknights.

Tulon then, crying, decided to settle in Tattooedroom, start a business or something.
Only two weeks after the incident, Tulon discovered it was not actually some mercenaries hired by the government of the original owners of Clutchedknights, but rather, bandits.

So that's Tulon's story for now, poor dwarf, i feel bad for him, he suffered a lot and now his most expensive property has been stolen by some petty bandits...
What's the deal with keas? They're cute little birds in real life, but in the game they're just dumb Ks that aren't useful at all!
Pages: 1 ... 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 ... 1103