Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1078 1079 [1080] 1081 1082 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1995228 times)

MC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16185 on: November 05, 2020, 06:57:35 pm »

So my current world is very VERY !!FUN!! and has descended into all out war. How !!FUN!! you ask? Well, I have rescued 16 prisoners in the past 2 hours and the past, oh, 25 or so towns and such that I've passed have been surrounded by refugee camps, with many of them already fortified for war with trenches dug and watchtowers built.

I've figured out a route to deliver my refugees to their families as efficiently as possible and have arrived at the first forest retreat on the list. Turns out that the husband of the weaver I'm trying to reunite is one of the defenders prepping for the goblin invasion. However, I can't actually FIND any of the defenders anywhere.

Also this dude is apparently a master spy so he might not even be using his real name. Sure would be fun to have him and his wife standing on the same tile, telling about the other one, and refusing to actually reunite. Not like that's happened before on anything...
This is a terrible mod. All crashmanship is of the highest quality. This object is adorned with hanging rings of notification spam. This object menaces with spikes of llama wool. On the item is an image of a large oval dwarf flesh cabochan in elf bone. The artwork relates to the attack of an unknown creature on an unknown creature in a time before time. It was inevitable.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16186 on: November 07, 2020, 12:52:47 am »

I killed a bronze colossus, revived the skeletons around it as intelligent undead, and then told all the sapient skeletons that I killed the thing that killed them because, y'know, they should probably know that.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

SomeGuy3

• Bay Watcher
  • Licking dwarf meat is the way to escape starvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16187 on: November 07, 2020, 08:37:30 am »

I killed a bronze colossus, revived the skeletons around it as intelligent undead, and then told all the sapient skeletons that I killed the thing that killed them because, y'know, they should probably know that.
That's incredible, although you don't know who those skeletons are, maybe they are the skeletons of a bandit gang that destroyed the economy of your world back in the day, i dunno.
It's still pretty heroic
What's the deal with keas? They're cute little birds in real life, but in the game they're just dumb Ks that aren't useful at all!

MC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16188 on: November 08, 2020, 06:07:38 am »

So I was testing my mod to see how OP I'd made martial arts (the answer is very. I'd killed over 100 goblins and that number would be higher had worldgen not created a necromancer empress who was busy conquering the whole world and exterminating the goblins and their demon lords, leaving me with forts of mostly friendly, harmless goblin undead). Considering the surface world was mostly free of good things to kill by this point and there were plenty of abandoned dark fortresses lying around I decided to go down and try my luck in the basement.

Firstly her forces had actually beaten me down there, which I don't think I've ever seen before, but secondly worldgen also made flying, inorganic spiderclowns (complete with webbing). As common spawns.

yeah my adventurer might have been a god of slaughter on the surface but he didn't even last a minute.
This is a terrible mod. All crashmanship is of the highest quality. This object is adorned with hanging rings of notification spam. This object menaces with spikes of llama wool. On the item is an image of a large oval dwarf flesh cabochan in elf bone. The artwork relates to the attack of an unknown creature on an unknown creature in a time before time. It was inevitable.

PineMarten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarven Endeavours
« Reply #16189 on: November 17, 2020, 10:14:46 pm »

I, a snail person wielding a mace, stumbled into a tomb. My companion, a female human wrestler, immediately set off a trap and was shot with multiple crossbow bolts. Then, a mummy awakened and animated the pile of turkey vulture corpses I had in my pack. This combined with my own limbs being animated against me lead to the deaths of both of us.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16190 on: November 18, 2020, 01:16:01 am »

so after the success of the bogeyman experiments I went into poking around entity modding some more and ended up with this as a result of giving enough responsibilities to 30 military commanders

so I learn it's possible to make mock up custom professions with this but I don't know if it's possible to assign skills to this.

other than that I pretty much been going around grabbing noble positions from local towns and giving them to the folks living in lairs.
to see if world simulation would change and or mess with stuff.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #16191 on: November 24, 2020, 10:21:04 am »

-

(terrible capitalization)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 08:58:38 am by ArchimedesWojak »
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #16192 on: November 24, 2020, 12:44:36 pm »

do you realize that you only have to capitalize the first word of each sentence
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16193 on: November 24, 2020, 01:20:26 pm »

im sorry i'll be sure not to do that next time
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16194 on: November 24, 2020, 01:21:14 pm »

Irony.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16195 on: November 24, 2020, 01:56:05 pm »

My Orc Adventurer Darroc The Titanfaller Awakes In The Goblin Death Pits To Find He Has Been Enslaved By The Goblins

After A Brief Fistfight With A Goblin Darroc Begins To Climb His Way Out Of The Death Pits Fighting Cliff Racers Along The Way Up

After His Climb Up Darroc Begins To Recruit Other Orc Slaves And Then After A Brutal Escape Only 2 Out Of The 25 Orc Slaves Survived

Darroc And The Other 2 Slaves Being Gathering An Army Of Orcs And After Recruiting A Shit-ton Of Orcs And Gathering Weapons And Armor

Darroc And His Orc Army Besieged The Goblin Fortress, Unfortunately Darroc Did Not Survive The Seige

However Legends Mode Tells Me That The Orcs Were Successful In Killing All The Goblins In The Fortress

That's rather impressive, and something I think lots of Bay Watchers strive to accomplish. I remember once going on a rampage in dark fortress with legendary fighter, master of three arcane secrets, and many gonlins, trolls, and beak dogs fell that day. I didn't manage to defeat the master, though.

When I checked Legends mode, I learned the fortress lost six hundred goblins in the battle, out of ten thousand. My adventurer survived and I built a wooden cabin and retired. Get this - the guy that bravely protected twenty last members of his civ, drove one whole race of night trolls to extinction, slayed countless beasts and retrieved artifacts, the hero that killed six hundred goblins... Then decided to join their civ and settled in the dark fortress.

But I'm pretty sure I already told you that once. Just the notion of assault in dark fortress brought the memories back...

On matter of slaves, I did fetch like twelve of them from a castle and decided to reunite them with their families, but couldn't achieve it, not sure what I'm supposed to do with them. I was in hillocks, standing right next to the family member they were blabberin' about, but nothing. How do you trigger the reunion thing?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #16196 on: November 24, 2020, 02:56:25 pm »

Irony.

IrOnY
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16197 on: November 24, 2020, 03:33:09 pm »

Ah YeS, sArCaSm, My FaVoRiTe. So EaSy To UnDeRsTaNd AnD nOt CoNfUsInG aT aLl!  :P

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16198 on: November 24, 2020, 07:14:53 pm »

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16199 on: November 24, 2020, 07:43:15 pm »

(Looks at the grammar and capitalisation of several posts).

I can feel the Warp overtaking me. It is not a good pain.

Thread Tax:

I'm trying to kill my way through a Dark Fortress in my spare time (in between IRL bits and work). Six hundred and twenty two Goblins down, nine thousand, four hundred and fifty two to go (not counting the 4000+ Trolls and Beak Dogs present). It'll probably take several runs - the usual work/living pits are full of enough goblins that the FPS tanks and the game goes 'not responding' for about ten seconds at a time. And that's with only three adventurers, as the Necromancer army I was intending to bring/create on site would probably crash the game from sheer 'oh god please no more creatures'.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.
Pages: 1 ... 1078 1079 [1080] 1081 1082 ... 1103