Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1079 1080 [1081] 1082 1083 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2018799 times)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16200 on: December 04, 2020, 05:13:47 am »

I was playing as a sparrow man lasher, on a quest to retrieve a bronze helmet to a very sad dwarven priest I met and danced with in a tavern. I was winning due to superior (in-game) skills, but for some reason I decided to try to fly out of the lair, to set up an ambush outside. Turns out taking flight is not fast, cue the cyclops grabbing my leg and smashing me into the ground. !fun! was had; that priest won't be getting her helmet back any time soon.
The cyclops also smashed my human companion's and pet bear's skull with the aforementioned bronze helmet, at an earlier point in the battle.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16201 on: December 04, 2020, 09:18:44 am »

Buckington my mountain goat spearman getting murdered and teabagged by four lynx men after a bar brawl gone wrong
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

madpathmoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16202 on: December 18, 2020, 04:09:32 pm »

I have...  Several questions, but I don't think I want to know the answers.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16203 on: December 19, 2020, 07:21:01 am »

I have...  Several questions, but I don't think I want to know the answers.
so everyone in DF is made up of spheres and tubes with a layer of flesh over the major body part like a head has flesh but it also has floating bits like cheeks which also have flesh and lips which is mostly made of flesh and fat layers, then the teeth which is set somewhere align on the head model is just floating there it's mostly attached like a limb of fingers are attached to a hand so biting is telling those teeth fingers to latch on to what ever body mass you aim them towards, and aiming at the head means you get to aim for everything that is floating around the head model which includes the neck so imagine a hand digging into the right eye and neck of someone and that's how biting works.
also said biting can break off bits if it's too small.

or looking at this a bit more since it's the front teeth of the upper and lower jaw being attached uhh this person bit the goblin on the right side of their face
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

madpathmoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16204 on: December 19, 2020, 10:22:03 am »

I appreciate that you put in the effort to draw that.  XD  Thanks.  It was an elf vampire by the way, so I imagine it was terrifying for the goblin.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16205 on: December 19, 2020, 08:35:52 pm »

Especially terrifying considering elves in fort mode will instantly consume the bodies of dwarves they kill, which only makes sense if their jaws can dislocate like a snake's and swallow a short broad midget wholesale in an instant. Good thing the goblins already been traumatized by goblin society, or he might let that sink in.

I attempted to adventure as a "demigod" species with lots of innate powers yesterday.  Started as an outsider with a pet, which I made intelligent with one power, gave ownership of her to her, then asked her to join me on my adventures, which after using a power to enhance excitement seeking she agreed to. But she wasnt being treated like a regular companion still, and after sleeping/travelling would seemingly revert back to just being an NPC that happens to be standing next to me, and would then appear next to me anytime I travelled, but wouldn't follow me around or anything in play. Then if I talked to her, and asked about our journey together, she would say it's the life for her (still considered a companion) but I'd have to cancel the agreement and renew it every time to get her to follow me.

I ditched her without renewing the agreement and never saw her again, so presumably the following through travel mode was indeed because of the companion agreement, not the prior ownership thereof. She did maintain the pet-owner emotional/rumor relationship with me the entire time, as shown by the info panel in the dialogue menu thanks to having skilled judge of intent skill.

Then I went to mess with some bandits. This lasher I caught, I beat her up and chopped her leg off, healed her, which restored the leg, then chopped it off again, like twelve times. Turns out if you heal them the turn after you lop it off the blood loss doesn't have time to become serious until you've got quite a few legs collected. But of course she did eventually die, so I had to resurrect her. Now I couldn't recruit her initially, even with the excitement seeking boost, because she said "her duty is here," in service of her ringleader I guess. After death I figured this would change because technically having died should remove her from her position as the ringleader's lieutenant. But that's apparently not the case, as although it did remove her association to the bandit gang, her response to being asked to join me was the same.

Then the game crashed. I don't really know if it was killing and resurrecting the bandit that caused it or what, would have to study more.

This was all using modded interactions by the way, not dfhack commands, although I do have dfhack installed.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 08:38:49 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16206 on: December 19, 2020, 09:56:27 pm »

Especially terrifying considering elves in fort mode will instantly consume the bodies of dwarves they kill, which only makes sense if their jaws can dislocate like a snake's and swallow a short broad midget wholesale in an instant.
Is this true? I've never seen it happen myself, and I feel like I would have heard of this.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16207 on: December 20, 2020, 04:22:44 am »

I'm pretty sure it is... Or at least it was? It's been years since I've had an elven invasion that actually managed to kill someone...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #16208 on: December 20, 2020, 06:12:05 am »

I don't think they devour the bodies in gameplay, only as a legends mode thing. Though if you mean the "somehow able to bite both the head and the foot at the same time" thing, then pretty much any creature that has multiple teeth parts for biting can do that (so the main races plus animals that have separate incisors/fangs/etc.).

Is there some issue with bandit gangs not spawning in tombs even if they're supposed to be present there? Been to 2 tombs to look for bandit groups yet they aren't present anywhere - not in the tombs themselves, and not on their outside. They send out patrolmen fine, but when I catch a patrol being sent out there's noone else around the area they pop up from.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #16209 on: December 20, 2020, 08:33:25 am »

I don't think that elves actually eat people in gameplay, but I think lore-wise they're supposed to go into a frenzy when they kill another sapient and devour the corpse. They do do this in worldgen. According to their ethics, they're not generally cannibals, it's only acceptable in the context of the devouring frenzy thing.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16210 on: December 28, 2020, 11:01:18 pm »

Odd experience.

For all my horses, there would always come a point after a battle where they would run away and cower in fear - forever. Nothing I did could console them. They just had the blinking terrified icon in perpetuity. I was about to pack up the save to send over to the Mantis, but on a whim I setup DFhack and did a bodyswap.

Turns out, the horse was just a complete coward. No bravery whatsoever. Using DFhack, I modified his personality to be the opposite, a fearless stallion. I assumed the terrified status wouldn't go away - but lo' and behold it did. Horse was back in action. Now, he fights about as well as I do with his kicking and biting and all.

I'm glad I got the bottom of the mystery, but I am left questioning if my actions were ethical. Completely rewriting the personality of my pet to better suit my battle-bathed lifestyle.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #16211 on: December 28, 2020, 11:09:03 pm »

I suppose that you could justify it, in a way, by saying that it it were a real situation your adventurer would be sure to pick a horse which can handle battle.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16212 on: December 29, 2020, 03:50:43 am »

Odd experience.

For all my horses, there would always come a point after a battle where they would run away and cower in fear - forever. Nothing I did could console them. They just had the blinking terrified icon in perpetuity. I was about to pack up the save to send over to the Mantis, but on a whim I setup DFhack and did a bodyswap.

Turns out, the horse was just a complete coward. No bravery whatsoever. Using DFhack, I modified his personality to be the opposite, a fearless stallion. I assumed the terrified status wouldn't go away - but lo' and behold it did. Horse was back in action. Now, he fights about as well as I do with his kicking and biting and all.

I'm glad I got the bottom of the mystery, but I am left questioning if my actions were ethical. Completely rewriting the personality of my pet to better suit my battle-bathed lifestyle.
I noticed the fear thing as well. Perhaps it is because horses are naturaly [benign]. I guess that would set their bravery to 0.

If you started with the horse, I would justify it by saying, that you got a warhorse. In real life, horses need to be trained for battle as well. Untrained horses would run away.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16213 on: January 01, 2021, 10:21:13 am »

Sorry for the double post but...

I have been killing some goblins in a Dark Fortress. A maceman challenges me.
So I fight her and this happens.

Edit: A few turns later, she tried to bite me. With the sword still stuck in her tongue!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 10:23:24 am by Mathel »
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16214 on: January 01, 2021, 02:04:35 pm »

Edit: A few turns later, she tried to bite me. With the sword still stuck in her tongue!

Uno reverse card!
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 1079 1080 [1081] 1082 1083 ... 1104