Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1081 1082 [1083] 1084 1085 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1995322 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16230 on: January 15, 2021, 11:15:37 am »

well I recently discover the power of Ghost's battering beings to death as it could lop off limbs of larger creatures like hill titans but also the fright mechanic only works on beings that feel fear so the instant death attack isn't doable on uhh bogeymen and I haven't tested this uhh spiderfolk. but that pails in comparison to the stun option which randomly gives a debuff to the person and repeatedly telling the ghost to just wallop on said person.
so far the use of this in an ambush encounter is more running away and hoping your spiritual friend catches who ever is assaulting you before you get killed and sneaking up on foes and striking with a phantom limb.

overall this script I made and posted in the dfhack thread works with ordering all ghosts in the area so having like 6 ghost companions and telling them to assault a dragon will lead to 6 batter reports or 6 stun debuffs or 6 possession tantrums or 1 scare to death and 5 attempts to do the same thing but the dragon is already dead.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Bortness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16231 on: January 17, 2021, 09:13:30 am »

My adventurer, the talented spearman Donglord Zonidek Limulgigin Ozsit (don't even know what most of that means), has been severin' upper spines with wild abandon.  He just named his steel spear Spinesever the Silence of Brains.

That sweet, sweet announcement text "tearing the upper spine's nervous tissue" means Donglord can walk away from that enemy and move on to the next one.  He's really an author, just searching the world trying to find some scrolls or quires so he can write a few books.  Not his fault the gobbos keep "ambushing" our traveling party.

Encounters are pretty much striking at the legs trying to force the opponent to the ground and dancing around the battlefield trying to minimize incoming attacks until the neck shows just that tiny little opening, then the severin' machine gets to work.  One little poke and it's like a sack of potatoes.  "The broad goblin axeman loses hold of the iron axe, the broad goblin axeman loses hold of the bronze shield, the broad goblin axeman falls over" and it's done.  Suffocation waits just on the other end of this death sentence.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16232 on: January 17, 2021, 10:41:57 am »

My adventurer, the talented spearman Donglord Zonidek Limulgigin Ozsit (don't even know what most of that means), has been severin' upper spines with wild abandon.  He just named his steel spear Spinesever the Silence of Brains.
From what I've been able to translate, his name roughly amounts to Donglord Helmbrain (the) Gold Flying Crab. I think. Any other, more experienced translators want to take a crack at that?

Also, that steel spear's name is badass.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Bortness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16233 on: January 18, 2021, 08:25:28 am »

From what I've been able to translate, his name roughly amounts to Donglord Helmbrain (the) Gold Flying Crab. I think.

Awesome.  The Helmbrain part I remember from character gen.  The Gold Flying Crab is new.  I guess it could be worse.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16234 on: January 31, 2021, 05:01:27 am »

well this is going to be the first memorable experience in 47.05:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"body swapping and YOU!"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16235 on: January 31, 2021, 05:25:02 am »

I'm sure all your "friends" in the HFS will be more than happy to show you what you can do while your there.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16236 on: January 31, 2021, 08:35:13 pm »

I'm sure all your "friends" in the HFS will be more than happy to show you what you can do while your there.

yeah so it seems like this set up just needs someone to have a background to this camp that spawns you deep below to have it work, which means I could just ferry folks to this place over and over again.
also yeah succeed in the goal of pulling this mess off with out needing to dig through the caverns.

"body swapping and YOU!"

darthbrumbledore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16237 on: January 31, 2021, 08:39:11 pm »

I'm dead, lol. I spent most of last night clearing out most of a bandit camp, but I needed to rest and recoup so I grabbed the bandit captain's head and went back to town. Woke up in the morning surrounded by the remaining bandits, and what looked to be some more friends. I didn't survive. I was a little too far away from any buildings to alert anyone and they had their way with me, but not before I lodged a bone carving knife into one of their faces!

Demandro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16238 on: February 01, 2021, 09:26:46 am »

Vanilla game should have either a warning or an option to create your own primitive civ., just in case if someone like me wasted half an hour pressing button for movement in one direction just to get on an island in a middle of nowhere and made there nice hermit house... in adventure mode, because I'm INDEPENDENT human who had to start in tree hugger village since it was closer to my destination.
I bet even Armok can't make and anvil without having one already, the true god is Anvil, and Armok is just a mere pawn in it's wicked game, a slave whose sole purpose is to make and destroy worlds for his superiors amusement...
EDIT: Forget the anvil, you can't mine ore without pickaxe therefore you can't make neither anvil or pickaxe.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16239 on: February 01, 2021, 10:17:35 pm »

Vanilla game should have either a warning or an option to create your own primitive civ., just in case if someone like me wasted half an hour pressing button for movement in one direction just to get on an island in a middle of nowhere and made there nice hermit house... in adventure mode, because I'm INDEPENDENT human who had to start in tree hugger village since it was closer to my destination.
so like you could have save yourself so much time ...(well at least time depending on how big your world is and how long it takes you to simulate 2 weeks) to retire the adventurer and build a player fort on the island as a waypoint to teleport your adventurer to that island through help of adventure party members and grouping up your old one with an outsider human or dwarf with the background of the player fort.

that way you could just walk out and build a camp to live the rest of your days on a kinda remote island.

that said yeah since camps require you to be part of a civ to splinter off that being a outsider human means you don't have access to claiming until you join a civ to splinter off of it.
oh yeah you could just starve the hermit then use the camp as a starting point for adv group that has an adventurer necromancer to resurrect the hermit later.
"body swapping and YOU!"

horribleflesheater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16240 on: February 05, 2021, 03:20:56 am »

I came to a hamlet and found a criminal gang harassing innocent citizens in the street. 4 speardwarves and a crossbowman. Knew I couldn't take them on, but I thought I'd be a cheeky hero and smack one of them upside the head with my warhammer as I gallop away on my horse. I missed and fell off my horse, which ran away. They stabbed me in BOTH my hands, severing nerves and impairing my ability to grasp, but rather than finish me off they sprinted off after my horse in a blood frenzy, leaving me to sneak off into the alfalfa fields. I exit this two bit town down a horse, embarrassed and with stigmata  : >:(

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16241 on: February 06, 2021, 05:44:49 pm »

I spent an IRL hour fighting a single mummy. An hour of us not hitting each other, and me dodging onto statues to catch my breath. He had resurrected all of his servants as intelligent undead, but they did not join him in the battle. Instead of helping their ancient master, they sat around and observed the battle silently. He did also revive a goblin criminal I had slain earlier as a zombie that attacked me, so I don't know what's up with everyone else not swarming me. Somehow he never decided to curse me throughout the battle either, which was nice.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

horribleflesheater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16242 on: February 07, 2021, 07:41:41 pm »

My adventurer made it after a long journey to the dwarven lands, the only trouble being the absolute mauling of her elven companion by a grizzly bear. Tuning in to the gossip at the outlying hillocks, I decided to make my name by recovering some artifacts. Two of the ones mentioned were in the same place, a fortress now controlled by humans, inside a temple structure. The fortress looked empty, until I got down to the lower level and realized everyone was piled into this one room four or five deep, and there were a grand total of 12 artifacts on the floor of a platform atop a reflecting pool. Jumped over, nabbed them, then spent about thirty minutes trying to stand up so I could jump back to safety.

Well I made my way back around the mountain range thinking this was going to be a slam dunk, repatriating these lost treasures. Cue complete FPS death upon entering the vicinity of hammerclouted. Dwarven leaders are absolutely terrible at population control, on top of the normal populace there are at least 100 mute unmoving monks crowding the place up. I really thought my computer could handle a >500 pop fortress. BUT, best fortune, this appears to be a royal symposium. The queen is here, as are an uncountable number of barons and baronesses. I know the dwarf claiming ownership is a baroness, and half an hour in real life time crawling through conversations... she's not here. Well, this can't be a coincidence, if this is where the government is gathering, she has to appear eventually- and there's no way I have the patience to look within the fortress. It would take me an hour just to descend the staircase.

So I wait, and wait, and wait- and finally I see a baroness with her hall of residency attached. I don't even bother to suss out which artifacts she rightly wants and which she doesn't, I hand them over, take my plaudits and leave. From now on, I'll be finding a more manageable fortress to do the bidding of. I'd still like to fill the role of artifact recoverer though, I think in the future I'll settle this adventurer down in a fortress and use missions to recover them- hand wave selling them to the traders as doing the right thing.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16243 on: February 08, 2021, 09:16:59 am »

so spent a good amount of time screwing around with camps that send you to a new starting point I just now realize there another way to escape the one way trip down.

on top of that previously learn you can also build structures below the surface while on the surface in the adv build menu

so far that's most of recent discoveries I noticed with in my experimenting with this version.

edit: uhh good news every one I found out an even easier way to just warp your adventurers down several z levels below with out retiring so one could just build an camp elevator to any of the cavern layers and pop themselves back up the surface.
zones are really really powerful.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 12:52:52 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

horribleflesheater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16244 on: February 12, 2021, 03:48:18 pm »

Did a little science on adventurer relationships:

Made a party of 6. Had them assault a goblin fortress. Two died from demons, unretired one who died shortly after from a demon ambush in a hamlet. The next one became a necromancer. Had him link up with his former party members, who recognized him as a friend but didn't want to join him on adventures. They died when I brought zombies back to that fort, so I collected all the corpses and resurrected them as pale stalkers in various hamlets. Their heads were all mangled beyond recognition, and wouldn't respond when I talked to them. 

Settled the necromancer in an adventurer site which he became the ruler of. Discovered you can un-retire an adventurer who died and was subsequently revived as a necromancer experiment, and they were all capable of speech post un-retire. It also appears that relationships remain intact after this fact, brought them all to the site and made them hearth people, then started playing as the original leader of the party who had been struck down. Upon playing him, all the previous members of the party would follow him, including the necromancer leader of the site, without having to ask them to join him on adventures.
Pages: 1 ... 1081 1082 [1083] 1084 1085 ... 1103