Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1084 1085 [1086] 1087 1088 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2021855 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16275 on: April 23, 2021, 02:03:13 am »

That makes me thing. Could you [r]etrieve your pet and bash enemies with it? I suppose throwing it would be a bad idea, but if dwarven mothers can use their children as weapons, you probably could use a pet as well.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16276 on: April 23, 2021, 02:18:48 pm »

Sadly you can't do all that much with a vermin pet. You can't [r]emove it, but you can [p]ut it in a container, and take it out again and hold it in your hand. You can drop it or throw it, too, whereupon it behaves like a normal vermin creature popping into and out of existence within a limited area; if you pick it up again from the ground it goes back to riding on your head/shoulders.

Given that the power of thrown vermin is the stuff of DF legends, a vermin pet (or several, since they're awfully cheap) could serve as an adventurer's primary weapon, like some sort of bastardized Pokemon.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #16277 on: April 23, 2021, 04:06:25 pm »

Is any vermin a better weapon than any other? I would suppose their mass is all that matters, so that would mean their size and item material is what you want to look at. Let's assume the size of the vermin item is the same as in the creature definitions. Can't find anything about it on the wiki but it seems pretty fair. What is the material used by the vermin items, the first one defined in the creature definitions? Let's assume that. No vermin uses any truly heavy material, so we can probably ignore most and just look at the two by far largest vermin: the Fluffy Wambler and the Fox Squirrel. The first material of the Wambler is fluff (hair) at 500 kg/m3, the first material of the Squirrel skin at 1000 kg/m3.
The Fox Squirrel is thus our winner, the #1 most deadly vermin weapon in Dwarf Fortress 0.47.05, at a shocking 2 kg!

An honorary mention goes to the Fire Snake. It is hotter than lava but is disqualified for that very reason; the heat will kill you first.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16278 on: April 24, 2021, 03:14:24 pm »

Just to try this out, I made a demigod adventurer with a dozen hedgehogs and one heck of a pitching arm:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
After locating a nearby bandit camp I snuck in and began pelting.
The main issue with the approach was recollecting the hedgehogs after my supply ran out - they're hard to find amid all the other "."'s on the ground, plus they move around. Eventually I only had one that I just threw over and over again. Hedgehogs are a bit too light to be really deadly, but a dedicated assault yielded results:
Holding the hedgehog in one hand and thrashing the bandits was much easier:
The hedgehog is none the worse for all this, btw - in fact, it was the only thing not harmed in the process, as even I got beat up a bit.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16279 on: April 25, 2021, 02:55:13 am »

Stuff like this is the reason I joined the forum.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16280 on: May 02, 2021, 09:24:41 am »

ended up spending time figuring out more use on civ zone warp travel and learning that fort mode also has this but on a limited effect.
the limited effect is tied to if the person can see the bed and with some creatures like say with extravision this is possible.

so now it's logically possible to say warp a spiderperson from the surface to the caverns by bed travel and not dig into the soil bypassing the aquifers.

with more testing I learn it's adventurers and companions the civ zone warp travel done with adv camps work with civ zones in fort mode
so imagine the fort citizens pulling off this after being told to wait.

the dwarf in both picture has been told to wait by the spiderperson
and was warped to the assigned chair I set for them in fort mode.
so with this info uhh I think this should speed up recruitment process and cut down needing to always go to a campsite to pull this off.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

peli082

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16281 on: May 02, 2021, 05:37:54 pm »

Training montage, but he got caught up by a pretty face and is now working as a clothier in his house out in the wilds. He always wants to go to an adventure but time passes quick and he now has 3 children. 

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16282 on: June 02, 2021, 04:48:49 am »

well explored a bit more into why certain sections of adv camps didn't let you retire in them or counted as not being on the camp.
what I learn is the magma sea floor and anything interacting with below the sea floor or breaches through the magma sea floor will count as campless tiles, which are what I would call tiles the game consider out of reach of the camp zone or tiles that the game consider to not have any camp on them.
you can build a camp on these tiles and will never be able to go back to the camp you built.

other than that uhh pretty much screw around with merfolk and necromancy, learn about the way merfolk walk via on their tails and wearing boots on their tails, but I covered most of that somewhere else on these forums.
but due to the result of screwing around with merfolk I made another modded civ that I now have to deal with the Unqua which is currently just crabfolk and their airdrowning merfolk citizens that the crabfolk spend great time learning necromancy to deal with.
"body swapping and YOU!"

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16283 on: June 10, 2021, 05:35:21 pm »

There is a human civilization in my current world that has been ruled by not one, not two, but
THREE
DRAGONS, THE FIRST TWO OF WHICH WERE UNDEAD.

It's also called "The Roasted Kingdoms", which fits perfectly.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16284 on: June 10, 2021, 10:13:56 pm »

There is a human civilization in my current world that has been ruled by not one, not two, but
THREE

what the fuck
Is this game modded? Did you duplicate a raw? I've never seen this at any point in my DF history, and it's so cool. I want the save  :D
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16285 on: June 10, 2021, 10:38:47 pm »

THREE

what the fuck
Is this game modded? Did you duplicate a raw? I've never seen this at any point in my DF history, and it's so cool. I want the save  :D

I'm calling it there was DFHack shenanigans involved
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16286 on: June 11, 2021, 08:49:09 am »

THREE

what the fuck

so considering 3 creatures of power being ruled over it probably make a bit more sense if the zombification of the other 2 just led to more dragons for the kingdom to just take in as rulers.
like I don't think civs care about the soul or the ability to talk on ruler side of things with megabeasts so there's nothing really stopping a civ from accepting a zombie dragon, unless there's like a 'needs to be alive' check that got missed.
"body swapping and YOU!"

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16287 on: June 11, 2021, 10:15:03 pm »

THREE

what the fuck

I don't
really
know how to use DFHack for anything beyond making adventure mode slightly less annoying.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16288 on: June 12, 2021, 12:10:29 am »

THREE

what the fuck

I don't
really
know how to use DFHack for anything beyond making adventure mode slightly less annoying.
I wish I had the save so that I could hunt the dragon down and take its place.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16289 on: June 12, 2021, 02:42:43 am »

THREE

what the fuck

I don't
really
I wish I had the save so that I could hunt the dragon down and take its place.
I'd
give you the save, but
it has a mod that isn't ready to be released yet.
Pages: 1 ... 1084 1085 [1086] 1087 1088 ... 1104