Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1090 1091 [1092] 1093 1094 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994911 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16365 on: October 08, 2021, 01:13:21 am »

you can crawl off of ledges with Alt-move
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16366 on: October 08, 2021, 02:41:02 am »

Is this: you can do this, but only once per adventurer?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16367 on: October 08, 2021, 04:59:36 am »

I completely forgot about that. Just tried it, he's free! Mwahaha
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16368 on: October 08, 2021, 02:53:59 pm »

First time properly adventuring in years. Found some dank dark fortress that seemed to be empty (though I did hear a conversation somewhere), except for the 100ish various copper, silver, and iron weapons in the basement. No armour, no clothing, no chairs, no bodies, just weapons spread around at random. I guess I can melt some of this crap down to make some armour that actually fits me (my character is large). Seems odd that most of the places I find are empty; my guy is lusting for some gobbo-smashing action. I guess the world generation has always been a bit weird when explored in adventure mode.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16369 on: October 08, 2021, 09:03:44 pm »

Sites can be abandoned or destroyed, doesn't seem that weird to me personally but yeah there are plenty of other examples.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #16370 on: October 09, 2021, 09:48:25 am »

I gave adventure mode another try.  No longer being accosted by bogeymen each night is nice since I have yet to figure out how to find or build shelters.  My quest: to find yellow sand.  It took a few days, and I was ambushed by a pack of 3 giant dingoes.  The learning curve is real.  I'm not sure, but I think I was crawling everywhere for the first day.  And it took a few passes through the wiki to figure out how to re-gain possession of my spear that kept getting stuck in the dingoes.  The first 2 began to flee after a few stabs, but the 3rd wouldn't leave me alone, and took many heavy strikes to the neck and head to finally drop.  It seemed like stabs to the body, despite piercing organs, did little to slow down its bite attacks.  In hindsight, a battle axe would have probably been more effective.

I continued to run around and attack the more dangerous things I could find, which so far was a pack of dingo people, about 8 or so of them.  Somehow, I managed to end up wielding my own copper low boot instead of my spear.  I'm not sure how to equip weapons other than dropping it out of the backpack, and picking it back up again, but that works. 

Some evil mountains looked inviting, but only had wormy tendrils and regular eagles.  Fast travelling around them to try and find more worthy opponents, the game froze right when I discovered a cave... 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 12:12:32 pm by Schmaven »

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16371 on: October 09, 2021, 03:03:57 pm »

I'm not sure how to equip weapons other than dropping it out of the backpack, and picking it back up again, but that works. 
Press 'r' then select the weapon you want from your backpack. It should work even if your hands are already full, so you can wield about a dozen weapons or shields at once.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16372 on: October 09, 2021, 07:46:42 pm »

so in means to getting back to a fun project I realize I could be assigning folks to construction tasks instead of telling them to wait and realizing this means I could get a bunch of companions to go to their civ zones as well as do construction work.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16373 on: October 09, 2021, 10:56:11 pm »

Is this: you can do this, but only once per adventurer?

Depends. How high is the ledge, and how lucky are you feeling?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16374 on: October 13, 2021, 02:29:01 pm »

Bronze colossus somehow can't be hurt with iron weapons and my adventurer deals powerful damage with iron halberd to fleshy creatures. I somehow managed to train on dangerous colossus all my unarmed skills. R.I.P. "no flee" run.

Thank You... Dwarf Souls.

While fighting Hydra before colossus I also encountered interesting A.I. behaviour. As I made more heads injured but not decapitated those injured heads weren't used. And so on I was doing until I injured them all. Than Hydra decided to use them all at once again right after getting all of them injured.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 02:45:44 pm by rico6822 »
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16375 on: October 13, 2021, 03:24:52 pm »

Sss the black mamba woman was and uplifted Black mamba snake and upon finding her consciousness she wandered the wilds for years and then into a human Hamlet to find her profession as the local hunter, bringing back barrelfulls of squirrels and pond turtles to feed her fellow villagers, after years of this she too bored and wandered to the hamlets meeting hall to speak to the nobility.
She was tasked by the lady of ridding criminals from a southerly Hamlet, after arriving there watching those humans chop each other to pieces as one group committed an innsurection I just stood there in awe of their stupidity. So i left I didn't really understand what to do in this world as I walked I thought of using my flute to earn my living and again purpose filled my little poisonous heart. That was until a group of violet haired goblins arrived to kill me. In these woods where I grew, It was too soon as an arrow plunged through my lung spattering blood out the other side, another hit my arm and a single hammer goblin strolled towards me with a wide grin. Rose his hammer high and the last thing I felt was an incredible pressure in my head as the hammer effortlessly smashed my small head inside the steel helm.
May this snake woman sleep eternal peace.

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16376 on: October 14, 2021, 03:02:54 am »

I made a polar bear man who killed the giraffe demon leader of his civ with a steel spear to The head. I tried to claim the demons lair as mine but nothing happened. I left and made a little house to hibernate in and claimed that then retired. It was just a small adventure in my world and i forgot about ice and his little story for a while but i remembered today and I couldn't choose him as an adventurer. A few years had passed and i assumed he was goblined do i checked his legends. Hes not cyan anymore... Odd, looked up the demons details. Yep still dead. Definitely happened. Ok ill travel to hiss home seeing legends doesn't say he is dead. Nah he not dead. Just the site he claimed became a gaping black void. Huh demon must have removed him from reality.
Obviously this is just a story about a bug... Or is it? You decide your own mind.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16377 on: October 14, 2021, 04:17:53 am »

Polar bear man rejected the chains of gods and embraced the void. By defeating the player they have attained ultimate enlightenment

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16378 on: October 14, 2021, 05:02:31 am »

Polar bear man rejected the chains of gods and embraced the void. By defeating the player they have attained ultimate enlightenment

We need to remove adventure mode so poor adventurers would constantly live their own authonomy!

FREE THE PLAYER CHARACTERS!!!
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16379 on: October 14, 2021, 07:40:38 am »

When you play adventure mode, they're on the grind 9/9/6. When they retire, that's them collecting their pension from the player
Pages: 1 ... 1090 1091 [1092] 1093 1094 ... 1103