Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1096 1097 [1098] 1099 1100 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994972 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16455 on: December 11, 2021, 02:04:24 pm »

Help?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Erm.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16456 on: December 11, 2021, 04:04:15 pm »

[/quote]

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16457 on: December 11, 2021, 06:09:49 pm »

Not in my memory, but I could be wrong. I'm quite certain it hasn't been that way for at least the last 4 years.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16458 on: December 11, 2021, 07:23:06 pm »

Guess I'm crazy

Bright side I went ahead and looked around on legends and there's a very successful and populated necromancer tower a short detour for me on my way back home

Also bright side I made this character as a demigod hunter and so my ambush skill is already high master. Hopefully that'll see me through the tower! Saw me through the vault with no conflict

DwarfUli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16459 on: December 20, 2021, 11:53:09 am »

I have been doing more of building a fort and then retiring it, use Legends mode and Adventurer to add stuff to my story and then unretire the fort and continue the story line. That way I feel like I am not just fortress building but I am creating a world narrative over time, in many different locations. To my amazement, my fort Mobgem did extremely well with 1 year of no intervention by myself. Only thing funny was that the entire booze stock I left them was depleted. Do dorfs drink excessively when left to their own devices? It would not surprise me. There even was some new stuff in my stockpiles; coins of gold and silver, a small stringed instrument and a jug of acceptable quality.  I retired my fort again for the second time last night, having completed a major part of the aquaduct system. Once more I turned my attentions to my adventurer, Bok.

I created this hero sparrow man named Bok. Sparrow men are my favorite besides dorfs, for obvious reasons. Bok is a master level biter. I hired this bird mercenary to do two things for me; 1) assassinate  unwanted nobility in other settlements and, 2) steal instruments, which he sells to my broker dorf at bargain prices ("Prices so low, you can't say no!" Bok always screams at me).
I want my taverns to stand out, so I need good music at all times and at great cost.  I made sure he is quite skilled in conversation, song and persuasion.

Last night, he visited "The Golden Cakes Tavern and Inn" in Silverhatchet, and spent the evening in song and dance, mingling amongst the locals. After sharing stories and rumors, Bok slept a couple hours in one of the back rooms of the inn. Just before sunrise, he pulled his usual spiel. The tavern contained a drunk human bard and a goblin dancer who seemed to care very little that he was there. Dancers in these regions care about drink and coin only, certainly not strange bird-men. Nothing stood between Bok and a grown wooden maple chest, containing two stunning instruments of excellent quality. For the beauty and craftsmanship the elves put into their grown wood containers, the imported locking mechanisms they use are quite horrendous and certainly no match for Bok's wing tips.
Bok slipped out the back door with instruments in tow, nobody the wiser. Taking flight, the trip to Mobgem is quick and easy for sparrow men, and Bok sold me the two stringed instruments for a small purse of gold coins my dorfs have been minting. I really don't get it, there is a ton of native gold to be found and Bok seems to greatly overestimate the value of my dorf coins, but when I have brought this up with him, he just mumbles about how they glisten in the sun and how they sparkle, and to mind my own business.

As good as the instrument acquisition business has been, Bok ran into a goblin last night that was not as friendly. Turns out "Beak_Bite_Attack" when said bite does not cause a syndrome, is quite weak. Bok was wounded badly in his right wing and ran, covered in blood. The goblin pursued and struck again. Bok ran again leaving a horrible trail of blood for a great distance. Before he reached his destination, the lair Threatgloves, Bok died from excessive bleeding of the wing.

Now I have to find me a new instrument thief, or consider making my own instruments. Both will most likely lead to either doom or great glory.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 12:08:56 pm by DwarfUli »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16460 on: January 03, 2022, 05:27:12 am »

Decided to do another run of "making multiple martial artist adventurers, and switching between them to fight each other".

First one was a typical all arounder martial artist build, very high focus on dodging, but my gimmick with him was I didn't want him to kill any opponents if possible. Kind of like a Mr. Miyagi, "only fight in self defense" martial artist.

Sneak-wrestling big animals was a great way to train, and dodging attacks from injured and nauseous opponents got dodging up to high master. Actually levelling up striking and kicking was more difficult, but taking advantage of brawling in hamlets against roving armies and killing completely hostile animals did the trick. But anybody I could spare, I did.

I then made my old favourite, a larger than average human with superior strength from the get go. Most of his points in dodging, built up his wrestling and fighting to legendary, with all combat stats built up high as well. No real striking ability.

Getting my martial artist and my strongman to fight was fun. By retiring, and switching characters, I was able to test how multiple fights between two very capable dodgers with absurd stats, would work.  Pretty much any clean hit resulted in a broken bone, and any grappling engagement was a real free for all.

I decided to set up the story of the two as friendly sparring partners, never escalating beyond brawl hostility. The personalities I set for both characters were so upbeat and friendly, that they'd actually always respond to the jokes I'd say in the character I was controlling. Nice little friendship between two super strong people who'd beat the crap out of each other.

Because my martial artist wasn't one I wanted to use to actually kill bandits and such, I had my strongman go out and start clearing out the nearby camps. I'd previously sent my martial artist there, but always refrained from killing as many as possible, which meant several injured bandits.

The second my strongman starts picking a fight, he gets shot multiple times by crossbow bolts. I'm able to kill the crossbow leader with a last strangle and bite to the throat, before bleeding out.

Switching over to my martial artist, I decide now's the time to make him more lethal, to avenge his friend. To my surprise, since I normally make all my adventurers sociopaths to begin with, he was starting to no longer feel anything from seeing people die. So I set him to crushing the skulls of the bandit camp that killed my strongman character. No more mr. pacifist.

Short character arc, but a satisfying one.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16461 on: January 31, 2022, 04:06:47 pm »

I have absolutely no idea whats going on in my adventure. Everything has gone mad.

We have dancing clowns, demon lords of human towns, the possibly for demon mummies. It's insane.

And the druid of the elves and the law giver of the humans are a human married couple... who are presently at war with one another, which must be an awkward dinner topic.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16462 on: February 24, 2022, 01:26:23 am »

so far spent most of my remaining time in adv mode figuring out how site layouts work to better improve adv camps structures.
got pretty far in finding a way to save changes to the camps and inserting inhabitants to locations.
the goal I have for this current project is could I make a custom town with dfhack.
some of the antics I got into this project:
  • messing with tombs ended up causing my mount to lose all their body parts due to mummification.
  • screwing up with city towers could either make a huge hole leading all the way down to the bottom, or making a giant faux-spire that goes all the way to the bottom.
  • overlaying multiple 'realization.buildings' on top of each other will make an fractal design with the building which means potential creative use of multiple buildings overlapping... or crashing.
  • tons of crashing from messing with this stuff right down to figuring out it crashes if you walk away from the realization changes which required me to find an solution to saving these changes to the campsite.
  • uhh watching one of my adventurers that I mounted go on a killing spree with the citizens and now there's a slight chance in a middle of a peaceful convo the squirrelman mount would just behead someone.
  • insurrections happening a bunch leading to constant infighting with the citizens while I'm messing with the town.
  • occasional corpses of citizens litter the ground due to the things said above.
oh before I forget the means to save realization changes to a camp via dfhack
one either add realizations to the camp and go through the process of scripting in buildings, or just switch to town and fiddle with the buildings and realizations there
two after your done with your changes change the site back to a camp then jump into the adv build menu then exit out 
doing this is some how the way to preserve the site changes then after that
three you unload the site via fast travel, move one tile away,  then ... open lua and write a script to delete the realization off the camp(which might require knowing the site id for the camp) as this prevents the game to not crash when you walk away or leave, all the while preserving the site changes you did.

I might have to figure out how to write an easier script for doing this so the common player just needs to run the script to pull this off but that was what I was doing in adventure mode lately,
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16463 on: March 10, 2022, 10:23:31 am »

Inbetween what to do next and taking suggestions

To the west the goblin civilization has revitalized and is resettling its lost pits and expanding east

To the East the necromancers are in full swing purging their way westwards

I'm in this borderlands made up of random human forts and tribes.

What should I do first? I think goblins even though they aren't a immediate threat I think that'd be a better place to build up experience rather than fighting intelligent undead that turn invisible.

We are in the Age of the Swamp Titan, and I know where the titan is, I just didn't wanna take him on so early in my adventure. Build up the tension you know

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16464 on: March 16, 2022, 06:54:03 pm »

Well currently pitting gods against other gods in adventure mode, the current results end up with one divine bobcatman murdering a dwarf( who was a test to see if I can get them to fight), and a crabman god.
the process been 90% dfhacking and setting things up and 10 % watching them fight.

"body swapping and YOU!"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16465 on: March 16, 2022, 07:35:52 pm »

Reading Rumrusher's posts in this thread is always a trip.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16466 on: March 16, 2022, 09:24:50 pm »

ok so the third fight seems promising as it pits 'Ramana the courteous charity' up against 'Ithithe Coloredproblem the quiescence of hushing'
which starts out with a charge

then leads into ithithe catching and whipping the goddess of healing in the air to slam them down with a punch.

and after this was several combat logs of biting an arm by ithithe and repeated punches to the face after crushing the lungs until ramana perished from suffocation

Spoiler: "legends of ithithe" (click to show/hide)
so far this save seems pretty good for playing around with divine deities and pitting them against each other, but I feel like after 3 matches ithithe is slowly growing stronger than the new contestants.
"body swapping and YOU!"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16467 on: March 17, 2022, 02:02:11 am »

Pit all the gods against one another all at once, there can be only one!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Hoid

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16468 on: May 05, 2022, 08:23:13 pm »

I chopped the heads off of a bunch of elves, then claimed the site as my own. An elf told me of his woes, and . . .

Eventually left the village and went to a nearby elf town just in time to help it fend off a goblin raid. Then I gave the ruler my village, because I had messed up and named it "Bane, the Virginal Bane."

I also found two shops and a warehouse full of stuff, but with no shopkeepers in sight? I had no idea whether they would come later or what, so I didn't take much.
You: Can you tell me where I can find myself?
Wide-set-eyes Elf Farmer: I don't know myself, and I don't even know anybody that could tell you.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16469 on: May 07, 2022, 04:37:17 pm »

So far I managed to become a vampire human and swim great waters for legendary swimmer. Since I could not suffocate I searched under water for something to kill and pwned local sperm whale men.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.
Pages: 1 ... 1096 1097 [1098] 1099 1100 ... 1103