Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1097 1098 [1099] 1100 1101 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1995042 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16470 on: May 11, 2022, 12:08:05 am »

so was a lil inspired to finally tackle the vampire mermaid idea
with some key info mostly merfolk won't drink if they are currently airdrowning,
merfolk can get thirsty
and frozen blood in a cup won't stop someone from drinking it.

so far this test had some hiccups mostly the finding merfolk in a player fort that breach the caverns level of panic that I should have assign them to a bed that led into a water source or something
ended up having to move fast to get them into water to prevent them from just dying right then and there.
so far in fort mode the vampire merfolk are just walking around like normal dwarves .... on their tail, and wearing clothes including sock and boot.
I ended up vamping 3 merfolk but only 2 show up in the fort.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Lozzymandias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16471 on: May 12, 2022, 05:06:10 pm »

After murdering the local crime magnate and returning with thousands of local currency in store, I decide to pay a visit to the pub, to drink some white millet beer and sleep in a bed.

The tavern keeper takes my order and fails to give me my drink. Alright, I guess I'll just take a room. Come down in the morning for another go at securing a beer for breakfast. but, horror and calamity: there was none left.

I dudnt know this was possible. Obviously I could drink but it hadn't occurred to me everyone else could. Standing in an aussies worse nightmare, a pub with no beer and feeling dry as a desert brookless embark with 7 Methodists, I tried at least to settle my debts with the landlord before putting this travesty behind me. Imagine my surprise when the crook refused all 16,000 of my stash of local human-bucks. In the end he wouldn't settle for anything less than my eaglebone signet ring. 0/5 Airbnb stars, recommend you get punched apart by last-gen boogeymem rather than risk a night at the Famed Limes.
"Come on, you sons of elves, do you want to live forever?"

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16472 on: May 16, 2022, 02:52:55 am »

-snip-

How quickly the tables have turned. Now there will be ☼dwarf bone jewelry☼!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Lozzymandias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16473 on: May 16, 2022, 01:51:18 pm »

Continuing my adventure to Girdlefilled, a veritable New York of a metropolis. Upon landing in the town my first action was to intervene in the attempted murder of local merchant by a night troll bride.

After killing the night troll bride, I ask the merchant how he's doing. He spits in my face, disgusted that I killed "Pari Strapped suitor"

And oh would you look at that, the corpse on the ground has acquired a name.

I should have let Pari Strappedsuitor bite your goddamn arm of my dude.
"Come on, you sons of elves, do you want to live forever?"

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16474 on: May 22, 2022, 04:29:18 pm »

I was playing as a male harmster crossbower (imagine a dog sized hamster with a long balacing tail, sharp teeth, paw-hands and kangaroo back legs).

I just fricked around in the wilds. Killed a chimp and made chimp figurines out of the bones. Then killed an impala and made impala figurines with its bones. Took the brunt of winter, almost died of thrist, made about a 200 or so coins from selling the figurines in a human town.

Then I found an empty lair, then a cave that reached all the way down to the caverns. I killed a giant rat in there and did the figurine thing again.

Found a castle without an entrance, alot of deserted goblin pits.

Then got mauled to death by a bunch of dingo man. Didn't knew they could appear in ambushes with the same role as their normal versions.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16475 on: May 22, 2022, 05:26:39 pm »

well just figure out 2 things, one how to trick the game to switch to one game mode and back, and two using this to get access to fort mode's quicksave/autosave function for adventure mode with dfhack.
now I'm stuck with a (seemingly) better version of mode set that has some potential chance of being unstable but near instant switching between adv mode and fort mode with out use of arena mode.

still don't know what to do with this knowledge or script given I already adjusted to vanilla mode switching and I don't know how many issues would pop up from using this than the vanilla method on top of while it's thrilling to test this out I'm sure some folks aren't keen to run risking their savefiles on quicksaving or switching over to fort mode, though switching from fort mode to adv mode would be easier and switching back from that if you haven't left the site should be just as painless outside of the designation spam.

other than that I spent my short DFhack away vacation playing the lisa the dwarfful mod trying to build a tree house, move some fort mode play into said tree house finding out it wouldn't work and building a separate tree house right next to the previous tree house but with the means of gaining access to building on the advcamp and building in fort mode on the advcamp.

edit: ok so poke around the quick switch to fort mode and adv mode scripts with warmist's tofort script and hit the point where I realize one could go from one fort mode session dfhack control an unit switch to adv mode then go make a new player fort site while in adv mode then switch to fort mode and the game doesn't would allow it.

though going from adv mode session to fort mode would have it's issues which I guess would require figuring out what's missing from the fort mode ui to align it better for the switch over.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 07:51:15 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16476 on: May 29, 2022, 11:36:29 am »

When speaking to a random animal caretaker, I notcied my character (human necromancer) had an option in dialogue labelled "greeting (impersonate)". When my adventurer chose this, they claimed to be a "divine being" to the caretaker. Never seen that one before - anyone know what that was down to?
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Yarlig

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16477 on: May 29, 2022, 01:24:06 pm »

It's been in the game for some time - I'm pretty sure I did have the option back in 0.43 at the very least. I think it's available to all characters' regardless of necromancy' vampirism etc. Never really got anything other than the 'divine being' comment out of it' however' and NPCs keep repeating their greeting after hearing it' so it doesn't seem to serve any function. Perhaps an old placeholder for the new identity mechanic?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16478 on: May 29, 2022, 02:12:21 pm »

It's been in the game for some time - I'm pretty sure I did have the option back in 0.43 at the very least. I think it's available to all characters' regardless of necromancy' vampirism etc. Never really got anything other than the 'divine being' comment out of it' however' and NPCs keep repeating their greeting after hearing it' so it doesn't seem to serve any function. Perhaps an old placeholder for the new identity mechanic?
it probably a left over from when fiends impersonated a divine being which you only get the chance to do that now if someone greets you first.

well in my current session of dwarf fortress adventure mode...
currently testing out the issues of this dfhack script that lets you switch between fort mode and adventure mode on the fly and so far it seems like the fort mode to adv mode to fort mode works, it's the adv mode to fort mode side that is iffy.

the process does have a 'Oregon trail' like vibe being able to settle down anywhere and just grabbing a horse packing it with the essentials and venturing for different lands. still have to watch out for crashing the game by trying to zoom into a unit as I still don't know what causing the game to crash when I do that... on top of the whole pathfinding needing to be fix which requires revflood and other issues that I got used to.

edit: ok with some time passed uhh I'm currently noticing warmist tofort script makes it so that you just instantly switch into adv mode from fort mode and the experience of being able to just walk around the world and stop and settle down to screw around in fort mode is refreshing, even more so when i could take the citizens of the site I swap over into and make them fort mode playable.
though it seems like I'm only able to do this with sites that are like at least 4x4 in size or smaller and any bigger would probably crash or bloat the game screen going by my assumptions.
so I'm stuck with castle/fortresses, bandit camps/adv camps, player forts, maybe lairs and shrines?

edit: hmm stumble upon something interesting it seems if you enlist anyone off site in adventure mode for a player fort the fact they don't show up to the fort means the fort technically has one more fort member alive and if everyone at the fort drops dead the game won't end due to that one hired person in the middle of no where that the adventure once enlisted.

Wow Hybrid play really does changes up the challenges of dwarf fortress.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 02:10:06 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

sanpypr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16479 on: July 03, 2022, 03:49:27 pm »

So I'm using my normal meta for adventurers; bird person (for flight), necromancer, two-handed sword, and i've just been exploring the world, exploring the map and preparing for my total conquest.

so I, just today, discover a metric fuckton of travelers on the fast-travel menu:

I travel right next to them and see "Strongest Odor: Death", so i know they're undead, and i eventually find a camp in the middle.

Since I'm a necromancer, i walk right in and see what is quite possibly the most insane loot pile just laying there:

The insane part isn't the quality of the loot; most of it is just (useless, as I'm a bird person) clothing and various furniture, but what makes it insane is the quantity.

Normally when you raid places, like say, a lair, there's a few coins, usually unstacked, right?

There's stacks of thousands, sometimes as many as twenty-thousand coins in a stack, and there's many, many stacks.

all in all, I'm fairly certain this singular camp, (or rather, me, since I'm taking them) has more coins than the rest of the world combined.

and yes, i know that coins are fairly worthless, but the monkey brain sees 'copper coin [20000]' and decides 'monkey want'.

Idk if this is a common occurrence, just wanted to share.

madpathmoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16480 on: July 03, 2022, 04:46:57 pm »

all in all, I'm fairly certain this singular camp, (or rather, me, since I'm taking them) has more coins than the rest of the world combined.

Now you know what it feels like to be the Fantasy 1%.  Time to become Bird Jeff Bezos and "invest" (by which I mean, drop all of them on the ground) that copper in the creation of a new fortress?  Maybe you can buy out a caravan or something, I dunno.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16481 on: July 04, 2022, 03:38:48 pm »

This is a very rare event where a necromancer has just raised all the corpses from a battle, but worldgen ended before they could build a tower. A camp's loot is based on how many creatures are living there.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16482 on: July 22, 2022, 07:47:21 am »

so what I'm currently doing in adv mode... uhh last time I was messing with hybrid play switching between fort mode and adv mode on the fly.
now uhh I'm now dipping into adv character creation and fort mode embarking which oh boy was poking into those an experience
so far ended up learning about void travels and making puzzle piece locations with embarking nano forts which led to the experience of messing with allocated spaces which didn't really do much for adv mode but felt like something to poke around in fort mode.

messing with adv character creation on the other hand led to some discoveries of being able to update and add more playable characters to the adv party and I'm currently testing if I could modify the script to include making adventurers that come from your campsite.
in slightly funny news I learn that giant bats can hold on to stuff which means mounted combat could end up with adventurers with crossbows riding mounts with crossbows and just flying around shooting folks from the sky.

"body swapping and YOU!"

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16483 on: July 22, 2022, 08:39:58 am »

The true glory of a spider man holding six crossbows and flying on the back of a bat with two crossbows... The dream is real.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16484 on: August 14, 2022, 06:38:55 pm »

Lately I seem to be just exploring the rivers and lakes in my world and finding which animals and plants live near the water.  The world is kind of...dry.   
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!
Pages: 1 ... 1097 1098 [1099] 1100 1101 ... 1103