Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1100 1101 [1102] 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994874 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16515 on: November 09, 2022, 04:05:56 am »

It's beautiful, like Hercules and a goat had a baby.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16516 on: November 19, 2022, 12:00:28 pm »

How viable is the coffin loop in the current version?

I'm talking about where you'd stuff every dead enemy into the same coffin and use it as a weapon. each enemy added trains your strength more and more importantly makes the coffin more devastatingly lethal as it's weight is increased

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16517 on: November 20, 2022, 12:44:29 am »

How viable is the coffin loop in the current version?

I'm talking about where you'd stuff every dead enemy into the same coffin and use it as a weapon. each enemy added trains your strength more and more importantly makes the coffin more devastatingly lethal as it's weight is increased
works up until a you piss off a necromancer, mummy or roam into an evil reanimating biome.
you pretty much bypass the weight issue with riding a mount which opens to being able to stuff more corpses into a coffin.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16518 on: November 22, 2022, 07:11:32 pm »

It feels good getting an adventurer to legendary in their main weapon skill, without doing the usual wrestling stat grinding that I always do. I've created a legendary swordsman with nothing but the sword used for fighting, and no armour too.

I've also relearned that enemies with full iron armour ( which honestly feel impenetrable even with an iron short sword ) all have a weakness as long as one's skill is high. The throat will always lead to bleeding out, it's just a matter of landing the hit. And with legendary, that's nothing.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16519 on: December 04, 2022, 04:54:59 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ok so from last time I ended up making a slight mod based on kit fox games' boyfriend dungeon where folks turn into weapons and decided why not add back in the art's beings from years ago and cats as test subjects for the living sword transformation interaction... the end result led to talking cats that need to eat. which leads to the image where I got a talking cat that hungers for meat
that I can only sate their appetite by getting another adventurer to gift them meat and I shuffle back into control of the cat hauling food and make them eat it.

oh and said cat while controlling them won't talk but while controlling other adventurers the cat Uquir will respond back. 

edit:

ok so recently decided to check out the rep system to figure out how it works since I got time to spare for 47.05.
ended up learning that adv groups and followers will get the historical event of climbing a summit, but doesn't seem to add a talking point if you do so just adds to your legends.

then realize the rep system might be tied to noble agreements or some other hidden value that I'm missing because one person would be starstructed while the others will be apathetic to your presence.

... crud I really should have check in fort mode what the relationships roles the locals gave to the adventurer since it's independent.

any way here's the bogeyman adventurer I climb a mountain with.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 10:42:18 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16520 on: December 15, 2022, 03:37:35 pm »

Very cute.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16521 on: December 24, 2022, 03:33:21 pm »

well currently still playing 47.05 and testing the stability of tofort script with this modded save.
so far seems like the making a fort then switching to adv mode seems to be the less headache-y way to do this.
but to the actual adventurers I been playing a group of fiends going from lair to lair living with a bunch of cats who after some years balloon the population to about 48+ and a few folks I pick up along my journeys.
rolled up to an elven location that has folks evacuating from something I didn't dive deep to figure out... used this moment to pick up like 2 more folks to join the nomad group and currently arrived to an elven tavern where this screenshot taken place.
I was a bit surprised to see this as an alternative 'no' response for wanting to join for adventurers.

oh yeah the custom petition script works wonders with the fort to adv back to fort set up as the expedition leader is always in the party.
"body swapping and YOU!"

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16522 on: January 07, 2023, 04:34:07 am »

My elephantman vampire is able to carry around the corpse of a hill titan as a weapon, without any loss in speed.

Anything I hit is immediately either knocked several tiles away, or immediately pulped.

I'm currently travelling to a dragon on the other side of an ocean, hopefully I can kill that and use it as a club.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16523 on: January 24, 2023, 11:35:37 am »

Done with the power training portion of the adventures of Aye Typhoonroot the White Suitor and Renuna Leafytress the Umber Leap, onto the monster hunting portion.

There was a cave with three giants, two being the children of the mother giant. So Renuna used a steel bolt to mortally wound the mother giant while stealthed, then snuck up on one of her children (who happened to be in the same room). During Renuna's approach, the giant waxes poetic about death but just as I think the jig is up.... the giant continues staring at the wall. So we stab this giant in the foot and spill their guts with the same bolt. The usual.

Aye happens to be a bit of a storyteller, so thinking it'd make for a better story, I end up using the mother giantess's skull to beat her last child to death. At this point I'm trying to accrue more kills with that skull just for the giggles. Up to 3 for now. Even better, Legends keeps track of how many kills that skull has accrued. What a great game  :D

Jrleebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16524 on: January 24, 2023, 12:22:24 pm »

I have a save somewhere where I have a badass kobold who can break limbs with a single punch and has over 300 notable kills, including a bronze collosus.

Alaharis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16525 on: June 07, 2023, 02:02:07 pm »

Made a new character, a human swordsman. Start in a town, while I'm looking around for companions, I see a strange looking building. I get a follower, a dwarven axeman, and check out the building. It's a rectangular ditch with statues around it, as well as doors leading underground. I go through one of the doors, look around a bit, but don't see anything. While I'm leaving, a hand attacks me. Me and my partner fight it, and then a bunch of animated body parts and a mummy appear. Turns out a rectangular ditch with statues is a tomb. We start fighting, and eventually some more warriors come down to help. They must have heard the fighting and decided to help. Anyway, we eventually killed the mummy, but I was bleeding heavily and couldn't use my legs. I was able to crawl out of the ditch and tell a random butcher about it, and then I died. So yeah, that was fun.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16526 on: June 07, 2023, 03:42:59 pm »

Yeah, you went into a temple, then into the catacombs. You woke up the mummy by stealing his grave goods.

Troll_Kaiser177

• Bay Watcher
  • [BENIGN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16527 on: August 23, 2023, 07:15:41 pm »

Returning to Dwarf Fortress after around a two year hiatus. Curious to see how things have changed, I have just stepped in as a simple Dwarven warrior. Debating between a run where I attempt to bring the world into a dead age or just walk about and look at trees. For now trees I suppose.   :)
S̸͔̃ ̵̻̔L̸̦̅ ̵̨̊Д̵̮̽ ̵͘ͅV̶̬͛ ̵͕͠Ӟ̸̣́ ̶͚̕ ̴͉͝ T ̴͕̋Ӧ̵̻́ ̵̨̋ ̶̭̂ ̷̧͌Д̵̓ͅ ̶̦̒Я̶̝̾ ̵̄͜М̷̜̉ ̴̮̋О̶͓̒ ̶̝͗К̶̼͐

Yerland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16528 on: December 14, 2023, 12:49:45 pm »

Learning adventure mode.
1 elephantman. Killed by night trolls, specifically one with a broken neck managed to gore my neck and chip my spine.
2 dwarf training in river, tried to use crocodile as training. Latched onto me, RIP
3 elephantman, killed 100 zombies and several necromancers. Couldn't find secrets of life and death. Died finishing off the night trolls that got my first elephant man.
4 dwarf, died after a day of swimming when the river froze
5dwarf, tried to swim across the ocean, drowned
6 human, bandits in a tomb? Kk manage to kill the undead ringleader, random other undead grabs me and breaks my neck.
7 dwarf, died to a bunch of dwarven wrester bandits in a monastery
8 dwarf accidentally started in a fortress, managed to escape to  the surface. Took a long above ground walk through the mountains along a river. Some yaks helped me get to legendary fighter and wrestler. Found a kobold fort but they seemed chill. Looking for safe way to train defensive skills.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 01:03:12 pm by Yerland »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16529 on: December 14, 2023, 04:44:41 pm »

Best way is to wrestle a turkey or other small animal with your shield and armor equipped, get them to "brawl" combat level, let them attack you.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 1100 1101 [1102] 1103