Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

List sorting/compacting

(1/2) > >>

imsabbel:
Soriously. Maybe i am missing something but:
For example, the "move to trade depot" list is totally unsorted. And in my case, about 60 screens long. Very fun to try and find that one coin bin, for example-
Would be nice to be able to sort it, using bin-types a.s.o.Or stone. The endless fun of having a list of 1000 stones (do they have their own names or what?) to scroll through. It doesnt make a difference, so way not just say "use marble" instead of "yeah, that block 251 and that 591 loko nice"?
Or at least just show entries like:
limestone(12)
obsidian (5)
chalk    (62)

odd2k:
It would also be nice if it chose the most accesible unit of the material you were to choose. As of now dwarves may try to build a bridge using stones that are on the wrong side of the river, and so on.

Upthorn:
Actually, as far as I can tell, currently each "obsidian" or "shale" in the list refers to a specific stone.This can be very annoying, as if you're building deep in the cavern, the stones at the top of the list are going to be in your original stockpiles, causing dwarves to haul them all the way from there to the job site.

PNB:
I have a simple solution it is known as patience.

Varil:
Patience as in 'wait until it's fixed because this is alpha' or patience as in 'deal with the long haul times'?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version