Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

let the screen saver kick in when df runs

(1/2) > >>

Hyperturtle:
Since it isn't, at least not on my computer... I now have two burn in lines, where the menu is.. the gray bar on either side!I didn't think it was possible on an LDC, but the fact DF opens in the upper left corner... the matching up of the lines is unmistakable!Since my frame rate dropped to 20 or less when the fortress got big, I'd let the dwarves do their thing and check up on them now and then.  Now I have two lines.  ouch.

KillHour:
How old is that monitor?  The easiest way to fix something like that, is to set your monitor to go to standby after 5-10 mins.

Capntastic:
I dunno if this is even something Toady can do; but I could be wrong.

Draco18s:
From a google search several weeks ago:Fixing LCD burn in:
TURN THE DAMN THING OFF FOR TEN MINUTES!More, really, like a few hours, the weekend, over night.What's happening is that the liquid crystals are remembering the charge that was applied to them for a sustained duration, but they DO revert eventually--escially when you remove the current forcing them into various reflective shapes.

Hyperturtle:
It's an LCD screen I bought last year.  The screen saver seemed to work so well before, having it power off the screen.  I don't actually have a "screen saver", it just shuts off after 15 minutes.  It seems pretty pointless to have the screen draw screensavery things when I am not around.  why not have it go dark??  So I have the monitor power off after 15 minutes.On full screen, the program minimizes and the game pauses and the screen goes blank--so the "screen saver" kicks in, but the dwarves are frozen in their tracks. In windowed, the screen blinks, and the game is back and running.  When your fort runs at 17 frames a second with 160 dwarves, you sort of like to let them do their thing for a while, like, mining stone in the deeper levels and lugging back the valuable ore.  That takes a lot of time at a low frame rate.  I don't need to get involved when everyone are doing their assigned tasks.  It's a matter of checking up on things in case an event happens or I need to start new tasks or micromanage whatever.  Sometimes, you just have to let them work!  Anyway, now I just move the game window around to new spots every now and then.  It did take days for the lines to diminish, but they are still there, faintly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version