Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Marksdwarves need goblin AI

(1/3) > >>

cephalo:
Goblin bowmen stay in a tight group and mow down everything in range. I almost never see two marksdwarves standing next to each other. It almost can't be made to happen that a dwarf will support another in combat. There needs to be a hotkey that has dwarves go to their stations on pain of death no matter what. That extra meal or nap can't help them if the fortress falls. Force concentration is the very most important of military concepts. 2 guys together can kill 50 guys one a time. It's that crucial, and my dwarves can't function against an enemy who stays together.Traps are too effective, and armed dwarves are completely ineffective. I'd like to see it possible for dwarves to defend the fort against 5 goblin bowmen without losing 20 dwarves plus whatever caravan is in the area.

Cthulhu:
Urist:  Give them nothing, but take from them... EVERYTHING!!!!  This...  Is... BODICEBLOSSOMED!!!!!!
Sorry, I have to make a 300 reference every time there is a mention of fighting off greater numbers, and a Lovecraft reference every time an ocean is mentioned.

Draco18s:
quote:Originally posted by Muffles:
<STRONG>and a Lovecraft reference every time an ocean is mentioned.</STRONG>I still need to buy the Very Scary Solstice CD...

cephalo:
quote:
Sorry, I have to make a 300 reference every time there is a mention of fighting off greater numbers, and a Lovecraft reference every time an ocean is mentioned.Yeah but let's say those 300 are invaded not by Xerxes millions, but by 6 pimplefaced goblin bowmen, and all 300 are slaughtered. That's what I'm talking about.  :o

Captain Mayday:
quote:Originally posted by cephalo:
<STRONG>Goblin bowmen stay in a tight group and mow down everything in range. I almost never see two marksdwarves standing next to each other. It almost can't be made to happen that a dwarf will support another in combat. There needs to be a hotkey that has dwarves go to their stations on pain of death no matter what. That extra meal or nap can't help them if the fortress falls. Force concentration is the very most important of military concepts. 2 guys together can kill 50 guys one a time. It's that crucial, and my dwarves can't function against an enemy who stays together.Traps are too effective, and armed dwarves are completely ineffective. I'd like to see it possible for dwarves to defend the fort against 5 goblin bowmen without losing 20 dwarves plus whatever caravan is in the area.</STRONG>I can do this. With a single soldier. Armed dwarves are not ineffective.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version