Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some items forbidden?  (Read 952 times)

SeveQ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Some items forbidden?
« on: March 20, 2010, 07:46:47 am »

Hi again,

I'm experiencing something I don't understand: when looking into my stocks I see a bunch of items in state "forbidden". But in my options I have set everything to be claimable (don't know if it's a good idea but that's not the point here).

What's there causing items to be forbidden?

Thanks

Hendrik

Huin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some items forbidden?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 07:59:23 am »

The options only affect how items are automatically designated... Such as the moment when a goblin dies, should their equipment be forbidden or not?

Have you dumped items? They are marked as forbidden when they get dumped.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 08:45:23 am »

Check your orders menu to change the settings for automatic forbiddings.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 02:54:15 pm »

IME setting bolts to be claimed after use doesnt work,I've yet to have a fort where any bolts used after setting that didnt get forbidden. But yeah sounds like these items may have been dumped or were forbidden prior to you setting 'o'rders for them.
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.