Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I may have some surprise fun.  (Read 6705 times)

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
  • Catfish: Part of the Carp Mafia
    • View Profile
I may have some surprise fun.
« on: March 19, 2010, 09:00:54 am »

Kay so heres the deal:

I embarked on an island. It was listed as having a magma pipe and theres an ocean to the south. The entire map is fairly large, 60 Z levels in total. The magma Pipe itself is 34 Z-levels high. Nice place mainly. Now, first year went fine; defenses up, traders (though no depot), first wave of migrants. So I set them up to be stone detailers and begin work on the archive room. Winter arrived, I set up the first row to be engraved, the third engraving, "Engraved is a "Thor" Litastlektad rendition of a well-designed image of !!Clowns!!"

Possibility for a clown car somewhere on the map or am I just paranoid and they have something to do with the history?
"I'm Urist McHanz!" "And I'm Urist McFranz!" "And we're going to PUMP" *clap* "you up!"

The catfish, deadlier than hippos, and piranhas, crocodiles, and sharks.

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I may have some surprise fun.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 09:15:43 am »

Kay so heres the deal:

I embarked on an island. It was listed as having a magma pipe and theres an ocean to the south. The entire map is fairly large, 60 Z levels in total. The magma Pipe itself is 34 Z-levels high. Nice place mainly. Now, first year went fine; defenses up, traders (though no depot), first wave of migrants. So I set them up to be stone detailers and begin work on the archive room. Winter arrived, I set up the first row to be engraved, the third engraving, "Engraved is a "Thor" Litastlektad rendition of a well-designed image of !!Clowns!!"

Possibility for a clown car somewhere on the map or am I just paranoid and they have something to do with the history?

Check his preferences.

Is it possible for a dwarf to like clowns?  For their... evil?

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 09:19:09 am »

Thor likes Petrified wood, Brass, Topazolite, Acacia bolts, quivers, boxes and bags, ballista arrows and hammerhead sharks for their oddly shaped heads (She engraves a Hammerhead shark a few after the !!clowns!!). She absolutely detests purring maggots.

I'll go turn on show all history. See if theres any more detailed information.

One quick edit: Two more of them have now engraved the same thing. ¬¬ Something fishy going on here.

EDIT: Its the symbol of the local Government, The Famous Boat. Which is my dwarves. My dwarves have a !!Clown!! as their symbol. I don't know if this is awesome or not.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 09:23:43 am by TheCatfish »
"I'm Urist McHanz!" "And I'm Urist McFranz!" "And we're going to PUMP" *clap* "you up!"

BlazingDav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 09:43:15 am »

It either means they serve the !!clowns!! or its a symbol of the nation (thats how flags and the like work right?)

So unless a !!clown!! is in charge of your civ or worshipped in it, I'd say it is possibly good (Yay nation of !!clown!! wannabes)

OcelotTango

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 10:43:41 am »

O_O
If I had a !!clown!! painted on my wall, I wouldn't be able to sleep....
Is it possible they all really hate clowns?

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 10:51:58 am »

I wish I had such a cool civ symbol... I always get circles and stuff  :'(
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 11:05:08 am »

Hah I Hope they engrave it a lot more. I'll do it around the trade depot, dining rooms, noble rooms, jails. Everywhere, to remind people that no matter how bad we treat them, it could always be worse.

Areku

• Bay Watcher
  • Merry Christmas to all ye landlubbers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 12:37:11 pm »

it could always be worse.

Elves as as civ symbol. And not !!elves!!, just normal, happy, tree-hugging elves. Man, did I hate that civ.
"And apparently your daughter likes to eat live cats"
                              - Legacy of Fíma succession game, fort two, said by Big Cheese, weaponsmith, about Duh102's daughter. (Not that you know any of these dwarves)

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 12:58:41 pm »

!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 01:19:01 pm by Trigonous »
So of all the things you can do in DF, it's the fractal artifacts that make you think dwarves are crazy.

Never mind the magma falls, the atom smashers, the cog-and-axle turing-complete computers, or the colonizing of Hell itself... all those are fine, but man, those recursive artifacts! Where do they get such ideas?

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 01:32:54 pm »

No I'm putting it up to remind the dwarfs that it could be worse. For example, we could be unleasing !!Clowns!! on them. But we're not ^_^ We're just tormenting them with the images.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 01:40:33 pm »

!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Finally, a sig for me!

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 04:43:10 pm »

I noticed that my magma forge allows me to designate an Adamantine object to be made; but I've not seen any adamantine yet ...

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 05:01:05 pm »

Forges allow you to designate objects of any material to be made (as long as you can make that object from that material).
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 08:33:26 pm »

Could you perchance give the seed? I like the sound of that map.

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 09:20:11 pm »

World Gen Parameters
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pages: [1] 2