Other Projects > Other Games

Blood Dusk... "Where there's a will, there's a broken limb"

(1/25) > >>

Pnx:
So I know this has been brought up in the past, but one of my all time favorite MUD's is blood dusk, it's a mud with an utterly unique combat system, and currently a near non-existent player base.

The game has a career system, where there are about 20 careers, each of which has 4 ranks... (well actually some of them are missing the 4th rank) but you can assign 7 ranks into each one of them, you can mix and match in order to create a character. e.g. you can take 3 ranks in fencer, 2 ranks in music, then another 2 in beast mastery. Most often people just go for one 4 ranks combat set, and a 3 ranks set of some other form to complement it.

Now the game has lots and lots of little secrets, I've discovered quite a few of them, but I don't know them all, and many of them need a strong group to sort through. There are many areas I'm aware of but I've never been in because of the lack of party members, and with the lack of players currently I figured my best bet would be to whip up some forumnites to help me out. So please, come try the game and maybe we can do some fun stuff together.

Connection Address: mud.dusk.org
Port: 7000

I should be online a lot, I'm currently using the character Thaesi, who is a soldier/berserker, I'll try to teach anyone that comes online about the game.

EDIT: Ok, so I get the feeling this is going to be another flop among my topics, so let me try this again.

In this game there are many things I have and have not done, I have fought the snake cultists, I have wrestled a giant spider, I have fought the baron for his curse and almost won. I have escaped a castle through it's water ways. I have climbed the tallest tower in ravenfall and fell from it. I have made my way to far northern wastes, where few have tred, and studied under the guru for his wisdom. I have then fought the beasts of the waste, and stood at the foot of the legendary glacier where the true horrors of ice live. I have been beneath the waves and fought the pirates under the ocean. I have spent countless hours in front of a forge, finally creating a weapon only a true master can use to it's greatest effect. I have studied dark arts, in darker places. I have fought my way through a grueling gauntlet, to stand at the foot of a temple dedicated to the immortal machine god, and later I allowed myself to take away great power from there.

These adventures and more, so I ask you, would you like to join me in other adventures?

EDIT2: Please? It's not fun to go alone.

Akura:
Huh. Combat system looks a bit like DF's Adventure mode. Although it's probably less gory.

Pnx:
Very different, hits to certain parts of the body have different effects if the hit is strong enough, and can cause bleeding if it's sharp enough. But the armour values of everywhere is based off of your strongest piece of armour, (or your strongest piece plus one for everything in your set if you're a soldier).

The way it works is based off of a back and forth system where you get a psudo random number of attacks then it switches to your opponent. Then number is based off of your agility and their agility so the faster you are the better. You get force, sharp, and unbalance in damage. Force will do extra damage based off of strength, sharp does the same regardless, unbalance will make you fall over. You can also inflict fear and fatigue, which will hamper their ability to fight, and some attacks like trip and sweep will cause unbalance.

EDIT: ah also defences, the basic one is dodge which costs a lot of fatigue and is based solely off of agility instead of agility + skill, so it's the least effective, but it can be used when nothing else is available, otherwise you'll use an appropriate defence move if you can, for example, block (hand to hand) which will only work on blunt attacks and only if they aren't strong enough to break your arm.

Grakelin:
All this seems true, but I don't seem to have any control over what happens in the combat.

Bluerobin:
Looks neat, I'm gonna give it a try. My character name will probably be Zyll.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version