Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Stranded II: Now with Multiplayer  (Read 42673 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Stranded II: Now with Multiplayer
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 05:38:54 pm »

We need Deon in here, pronto. He made a gorgeous map and mod for singleplayer, that if he replicated some stuff we could have more than just shitloads of fun. We could have... super shitloads of fun.

Yea, I hope Deon sees this. His map was great. I'm pretty sure his map can be quickly made to work in multiplayer. They had a long talk about how to make maps for this over on the stranded II forums and it seems pretty simple. I don't think he'll have to actually remake anything.
Didn't that map reconfigure during sleep phases? Since sleeping is modified here I think that might be a problem.

Monkeyvich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 05:39:35 pm »

I am excited about this.

!

Projectmayhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 05:46:06 pm »

We need Deon in here, pronto. He made a gorgeous map and mod for singleplayer, that if he replicated some stuff we could have more than just shitloads of fun. We could have... super shitloads of fun.

Yea, I hope Deon sees this. His map was great. I'm pretty sure his map can be quickly made to work in multiplayer. They had a long talk about how to make maps for this over on the stranded II forums and it seems pretty simple. I don't think he'll have to actually remake anything.
Didn't that map reconfigure during sleep phases? Since sleeping is modified here I think that might be a problem.

Damn, I forgot. That will definitley complicate things.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 08:02:23 pm »

It just used this to respawn things. It should be possible to reconfigure that. It's 4 AM here and I am playing Civ4 still but I will wake up tomorrow and definitely look into it.

DAMN IT! I've just learned how to make animated models for Civ4, I slowly build DF map for Warcraft 3, I retool and tweak Rise and Fall of Civilization for Civ4, I make models for FFH2 modmod for civ4 and I am trying to get my hands on my Fallout 2.0 for df to finish it.... AND NOW THIS. Oh holy crap.

But if I get my hands on Stranded MP quickly (and if it is modded as easy as Stranded II) then you are free to give your suggestions on production lines already (and what kind of items do you want, including flying carps :D).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 08:06:52 pm »

Just crashes on me after loading with a memory access violation :-\ Could be a windows 7 thing (crashes in compatibility mode too).

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 08:07:26 pm »

OH MY GOD TIME TO REDOWNLOAD! (Hehehehe, head and johbson, you can't keep me away from you, I like to stalk  ::) )
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 08:29:27 pm »

OH MY GOD TIME TO REDOWNLOAD! (Hehehehe, head and johbson, you can't keep me away from you, I like to stalk  ::) )

Don't you dare stalk me to EVE.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 08:41:28 pm »

Hmm.... "googles EVE"
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 08:46:27 pm »

Hmm.... "googles EVE"

You don't know what EVE is? Thats pretty surprising.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2010, 08:50:10 pm »

EVE online?

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2010, 09:31:41 pm »

Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Projectmayhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2010, 09:39:46 pm »

@Deon- Just so you know, It's actually a mod itself and from what I understand right now other mods don't work with it right now. I think Royal Flash and The Oracle File, the makers of the mod, need to do some work before it's possible to make mods for it cause it barely works as it is. But what do I know, I'm not a doctor. I only read their thread that I posted.

@olemars- It doesn't work with Windows 7 yet. There might be a work around but I don't know.

They have a tutorial on how to get it working on one of the pages I posted.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 09:41:33 pm by Projectmayhem »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2010, 10:06:41 pm »

I've studied the site and it tells between other suggestions "Possibility to mod - Accepted". It means that they will work on it. Well, more time for me to do other things, yay :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2010, 09:13:24 am »

Well it looks like scripts are the same. I am not sure how it works in the Current version, but I think we should try to play with the same mod and maybe then there won't be Desync problems.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2010, 09:46:52 am »

Oh look, another niche game that Dorfy type people like and then evreyone I know IRL will be uninterested in.
I love you guys so much
Thank you based dwarf.
Pages: 1 [2] 3