Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Let's Play Bubble Gum Crisis, a Module for TOME  (Read 16734 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Bubble Gum Crisis, a Module for TOME
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 12:56:40 am »

Quote from: Zangi
Looking forward to the next release >.>

As long as Mackie gets fixed.

See above. Mackie is fixed. And cleaned up a bit. For example, you can now ask him to call you when he's available for anotehr salvage run, there's now an indicator on the display to let you know if salvage is available and the new s command will give you a list of what salvage is available at a site.

Quote from: Servant Corps
If BGG is open-source

It is.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 01:42:57 am »

Does it work fine with v.18 of TOME?  Or should I get v.19?

EDIT: Nevermind, says V.19 when you load it up.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 01:50:20 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 02:51:16 am »

v.18
Or
v.19?

I haven't specifically tested...but it should work fine with either version. No changes were necessary for me to update to alpha19.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 11:08:53 am »

I've had less trouble with alpha19 in general.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 12:03:48 pm »

Note to self: Do not take off Microtronics when you first begin.

Why? Need Hacking 1 to put it back in.  Nene can't do anything with it either since she has no Hardsuit Design skills.

For reference Microtronics is the power generator.  Holds a charge of 10 units and generates 5 units.

EDIT: Save system is also weird....  I use Q to quit and it considers me dead(doesn't save).  I X out of the program and it does save.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 12:17:17 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 08:44:15 pm »

Oops, that was going to be the first bit of advice in the Hardsuit Design tutorial!

Yeah, do not take off the Microtronics until someone has one in Hacking and Hardsuit Design.  But then, we can totally abuse the half-finished computer system!

For instance, instead of just installing one Microtronics, why not two?
Or stuff the legs and endo torso with Microtronics, so you have tons of power.  Never run out of power again!

(But maybe the heat system works...let me know will you?)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 09:20:05 pm »

(But maybe the heat system works...let me know will you?)

Clarify?  In v.55, I went out with a hardsuit that had +1 heat from some equipment.  It broke before I even got to a boomer battle.  Probably was Priss in her near default hardsuit.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 09:45:51 pm »

Oh, I meant I wonder if the computers generate heat as they are suppose to, as I am not sure on this point.  And also implied it would be funny if somebody else's hardsuit fell and broke a component due to heat, as opposed to finding out myself, lol.

To apologize for my dark humor, I have another tip:
The "Computer" screen does not feature a way to chose where to install the computer.  However, the computer will be installed in the area that is highlighted in the other sections, as this is constant throughout the installation menus. 

For instance, the selector defaults to "head".  Say you do not want to install a computer in the head, but rather the Endo Torso.  So, you go to the armor menu (or any of the menus in hardsuit design), and select the endo torso.  Then, return to the computer install menu, and select your chosen computer.  You install it by highlighting it and pressing enter (I'm not certain as my girls are not qualified to install computers, but it is fairly intuitive).  You'll know you did it right by getting booted out of the hardsuit modification menu, then checking your handiwork.

It took me like an hour to find this out, so I hope it helps save aggravation.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2010, 11:40:45 pm »

Quote from: EuchreJack
maybe the heat system works...let me know will you?

Heat does work. It's possible there might be a math error in there somewhere. but I'm looking at it now, and heat generation, dispersal and distribution all appear to be working.

Heat is tracked separately by location. Check the overview in the hardsuit designer, or press C while suited to see current heat and heat dispersion rates for each location.

I went out with a hardsuit that had +1 heat from some equipment

Ok. but +1 heat in how many locations and which ones?

+1 heat means you're generating more heat than you're dispersing, and you're relying on the tendancy of heat to distribute itself through the system to be dispersed at other locations. For example, Sylia's default suit is able to accomodate the +1 heat in the left arm because it distributes itself into the left shoulder which is able to disperse it in equilibrium. If you put on her suit, even though the left arm has a +1 heat rate, and everything else is -2, you'll see that the system stabilizes at 2 heat in the arm and 1 in the shoulder. If it weren't for that shoulder taking the heat and dispersing it, the left arm would rapidly melt or shut down.

But if, for example, you install two radios in the left shoulder so that it has a 0 Heat Rate, the shoulder does not disperse any heat, it can only distribute it into the torso, and the system ends up stablizing at 4 heat in the left arm, 2 heat in the left shoulder, and 1 heat in the endo torso.

+1 heat in both arm and shoulder will result in a shut down. But if you put a Generator III in the torso you'll get +5 heat generation there, but the excess heat will distribute to the extremities which can disperse it.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 11:59:16 pm »

I went out with a hardsuit that had +1 heat from some equipment

Ok. but +1 heat in how many locations and which ones?

+1 heat means you're generating more heat than you're dispersing, and you're relying on the tendancy of heat to distribute itself through the system to be dispersed at other locations. For example, Sylia's default suit is able to accomodate the +1 heat in the left arm because it distributes itself into the left shoulder which is able to disperse it in equilibrium. If you put on her suit, even though the left arm has a +1 heat rate, and everything else is -2, you'll see that the system stabilizes at 2 heat in the arm and 1 in the shoulder. If it weren't for that shoulder taking the heat and dispersing it, the left arm would rapidly melt or shut down.

But if, for example, you install two radios in the left shoulder so that it has a 0 Heat Rate, the shoulder does not disperse any heat, it can only distribute it into the torso, and the system ends up stablizing at 4 heat in the left arm, 2 heat in the left shoulder, and 1 heat in the endo torso.

+1 heat in both arm and shoulder will result in a shut down. But if you put a Generator III in the torso you'll get +5 heat generation there, but the excess heat will distribute to the extremities which can disperse it.
I'm pretty sure it was only the arm that was + to heat.  The shoulder was - heat as it should be.  I didn't test it and its quite awhile ago.  Both might actually have been + heat.  Who knows what I've tried.

EDIT
Bug:Tokyo delivery to Genom Tower, got to Genom Tower late and hit m to confirm mission information. 
Delivery didn't happen like normal, I started in top left corner actually.

Hitting m causes: Error in lua_call while calling '___hooks_list_callback101' lua hook script breaking the hook chain now.
You don't have any skills or abilities.
Causes black screen bug, can be fixed if changing areas. (But not in highway/junction area, it screws up further there.)

Errors are consistent, even after exit/save and coming back.

Is there a way to cancel delivery missions? 

Another note: It seems to screw up the screen after using the phone, text stays on the screen and blocks normal view.  Something like that.  If I can figure out where the save files are, I can upload it for you if you want.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 01:02:41 am by Zangi »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 02:00:55 am »

Hitting m causes: Error in lua_call

Looks like a typo in the Tokyo Express mission description. Fixed in DV. If you'd like to fix it in your version, go to game/modules/BGC/scripts/quests/quests.lua and change the line that reads:

Code: [Select]
tmpp = tmp * -1

to:

Code: [Select]
tmp = tmp * -1

Is there a way to cancel delivery missions?

No.

Delivery didn't happen like normal,
I started in top left corner actually.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Top left corner of where? It shouldn't be necessary to go into any buildings to make a delivery.

I tried a delivery to Genom tower myself just now, and it seems to accept it even when late. There are two Genom facilities. Genom Tower, which in North of USSD, and Genom Research, which is by the beach. Is it possible you were directed to the other facility?

It seems to screw up the screen after using the phone, text stays on the screen and blocks normal view.

What specifically were you doing that resulted in this?

(Note: Please do report screen corruptions, but in general these are minor and won't interfere with your games. Most can be resolved just by a quick save and reload.)

If I can figure out where the save files are,
I can upload it for you if you want.

Save files are stored in a .tome subdirectory of your user directory, which varies by operating system. For example: c:\users\bucketman\.tome\3.0\crisis\0.5\save\alis

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 11:58:34 am »

The screen screwing up was a result of the Error in lua_call, fixed after I changed the error.

By the top left corner, I mean I started at the top left corner when entering map to Genom Tower instead of in front/inside. 

The mission, I had to pick up the package from elsewhere first... >.>  after the mission screen was fixed, that was clear as day.

Now a query about Boomers: Can they shoot through walls?  Cause I was getting hit up by one even though it was outside while I was inside....  I couldn't see it either.  I died.

EDIT:
If I can figure out where the save files are,
I can upload it for you if you want.

Save files are stored in a .tome subdirectory of your user directory, which varies by operating system. For example: c:\users\bucketman\.tome\3.0\crisis\0.5\save\alis

So it gets saved on the computer and not the USB stick its on...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 04:10:06 pm by Zangi »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 12:10:58 am »

fixed

Good. I am glad when bugs are fixed.:)

a query about Boomers: Can they shoot through walls?

Yes, but so can you if you use the right weapons. Walls are destructible.

But to clarify...you'll see when a wall is destroyed because it will leave rubble, or shattered glass in the case of windows, and you'll have to destroy a wall before you can shoot something on the other side of it. There are no magic "teleporting bullets." (Well, aside from the particle beam satellite...but that's clearly not what you're talking about.)

I couldn't see it

Well, couple possibilities:

1) It might be a bug
2) Ranged boomers tend to move laterally to avoid you. It is remotely possible for the AI of a class B boomer to move out from behind a wall, shoot at you and then move back behind the wall. If it's sufficiently faster than you, it might be able to do this before you have a turn to respond. However, this behavior is unlikely to manifest anywhere other than the wizard mode arena, because most walls in the game are long, thin, and fully enclosed. For this to happen, it would have to be a fairly unusual circumstance. For example...you standing in the entry room of an apartment, refusing to step outside, and a boomer standing some distance outside. And even then it would be sketchy.

Can you give more information? Where did this happen? What were you doing? What was your speed rating? Which class of boomer were you fighting? What was it shooting at you with? Did your tactical display auto-show the target you were being shot at by, or was it blank?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 02:54:44 pm »

1) It might be a bug
2) Ranged boomers tend to move laterally to avoid you. It is remotely possible for the AI of a class B boomer to move out from behind a wall, shoot at you and then move back behind the wall. If it's sufficiently faster than you, it might be able to do this before you have a turn to respond. However, this behavior is unlikely to manifest anywhere other than the wizard mode arena, because most walls in the game are long, thin, and fully enclosed. For this to happen, it would have to be a fairly unusual circumstance. For example...you standing in the entry room of an apartment, refusing to step outside, and a boomer standing some distance outside. And even then it would be sketchy.

Can you give more information? Where did this happen? What were you doing? What was your speed rating? Which class of boomer were you fighting? What was it shooting at you with? Did your tactical display auto-show the target you were being shot at by, or was it blank?

Apartment 8
I was using Priss and brung Sylvia.  They were both in their hardsuits.  Going to hunt me some Boomer.

I broke down the door into the apartments and went in, then Sylvia got shot at.  I looked around and hit the f key to see if I could find the Boomer, did that a few times, never got a bead on it.
Decided to run and get out, getting shot at the whole way between the exit and entrance to the insides of the apartment.  Sylvia died and I took a few hits.  Opened the door to the outside and thats when I first saw the Boomer.
And Priss died.

I think it was ranged?  It did attack me from far away... (Though the weird thing is I got the impression that it was attacking with a melee weapon.  Slash?  Don't really remember clearly.)
Laser weapon?
Never showed on Tactical Display till I saw it, it only showed Sylvia's tactical display.
My speed was 118 I believe.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 07:36:23 pm by Zangi »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2010, 05:56:29 pm »

Yeah, I had something like that happen to me as well.  I think I ordered my friend back to Silk n Dolls to keep them alive.  It could be that Sylvia wandered outside or near the door.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6