Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Follow that vein!

(1/2) > >>

WyldKarde:
So here's the idea;  If while digging out my fortress I happen across some particular economic stone I want to dig out, I'd like to be able to tag it as 'follow-dig' (or a less clunky name if one can be thought of).  When a miner digs out a square that's been tagged as such and revealed square that's of the same type is automatically tagged the same way.  Result: Miners automatically follow and excavate the vein I've tagged.  This way I can neatly extract that mineral without having to either designate a huge area where I think the mineral is, or micromanage my miners square-by-square to get just the mineral in question.Having just finished micromanaging the excavation of particularly long and twisty vein if bituminous coal I'm really feeling the need for this one.

Zombie:
I like this idea. That would really help in my mining areas a lot.

Karlito:
thirded.  And I want them to stop if they run into damp or warm stone.

bbb:
even better... allow to designate no dig tiles... so you won't accidentally include known damp tiles when selecting a huge area to be dug.add a corresponding separate command to deselect the said danger zones perhaps an option to autoflag known damp/etc tiles as the no dig/danger zone and stop notifying you.. for every single tile.mind you.. it's damn funny when it happens though.. with your dwarves trying to dig their way away from the water and ultimately fail.

Morkilus:
A 'Mining' designation (pretty much Dig, but only works on ores/gems) would be great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version