Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Peasant's Adventure-I know about last time, changes will be made.  (Read 13490 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness

In PA, you and two other players are given a special task by your lord, and you complete it through any means necessary. However, you're but a peasant, with little to his name, so you gotta think on your feet!

When the game starts, you'll be presented with a map of the building you're in, the region you're in, a thorough description of whats around you, and of the entire Dukedom you live in. From there you can choose what to do. You can do ANYTHING you want, however, keep in mind that you're just a normal human, and you can't do supernatural or incredible things, you can only do things a normal person could do (For example, examine "thing", talk to "person", Go to "Place", etc) and only one at a time, so long as it's feasible. Please be specific when taking your action, I WILL NOT redo a turn because of bad wording. Don't worry though, I won't be a jerkass about detail.

Whenever a Player makes a choice or is in a situation where an inherent element of chance is involved, I will flip a coin to determine the outcome. Heads produces a favorable outcome, Tails produces and unfavorable outcome.

I will play all NPC's and all enemies, so don't worry about that.

The world you live in is a Pagan one, there are many gods that rule over the land. This is no blind faith, the gods are quite eccentric and frequently use their powers to harm or help those on the mortal plane. You'll learn more about gods as you play, but be forewarned, gods don't have to follow rules, anything they say goes, period. So be careful not to piss them off.

Each person in PA, including you, has a maximum of 20 hp, Animals and supernatural creatures can have more or less than this. If you are injured, you regain 3 hp per day. It is possible to recover more, but that won't be discussed here. When you hit 0 hp exactly, you are unconscious and can be resuscitated by another player to bring you back to 1 hp. If you ever fall below 0 hp, you are dead, period. It is possible to bring dead characters back to life, but that won't be discussed here.

Creativity is, by far, your greatest weapon. You can carry a maximum of 5 objects, not including your outfit. There are many items, hoard them, and use them creatively to complete your goals. All item uses have to be feasible though. Money is considered an item, you can hold up to the equivalent of 50 of any coin before it consumes another slot of space. You can hold more if you find a backpack or something like that.

There is currency in PA, in the form of copper, silver, and gold coins. It is easy to remember the value of these:

1 gold coin = 10 silver coins

1 silver coin = 10 copper coins

You can use these to purchase things at stores.

Be careful not to break the law, just because you're on a quest doesn't give you any right to steal or murder innocent citizens. If you are seen doing illegal things, and the authorities are made aware, they WILL try to apprehend you, where you will be expected to pay a fine, and if you cannot pay, you are sentenced to death on the spot, as is the law of the land.

There is combat in PA, where everyone (mostly) follows the same rules.

Spoiler: Combat Rules (click to show/hide)

Players are not obligated to stay as a group. While travelling as a group is much safer (combat, pooled resources, etc), you're not forced to travel as a group and can travel in different directions and do different things if you like.

a turn ends when all players have decided what they want to do, or if a reasonable time frame (24 hours or something) pass.

I will do all the dice rolling in this game, I promise to be impartial. If there is a way to prove that I am being fair, I will do it.

I made up all these rules, If you think the rules are missing anything vital, feel free to speak up.

Please stay in-character, remember, your a peasant!

As a final note, I hold the right to change any rules if I see fit. Any and all rule-changes are NOT retroactive, so past actions are safe from my ruling.
Thank you again, Josh. And again, my dodge rules are in place....

Now, I had less time for pictures than I thought I did last time, so there will be one change from last time-a lack of images. There will still be hilarious stunts, but you'll have to live with it being in text. But I will, again, take 5 people.

Those who are on the journey;

1. Criptfeind
2. IronyOwl
3. Acanthus
4. Empty Seat
5. Empty Seat

Those who wish to be on the journey;

This list has been emptied.

Those who died on the journey;

Ottofar-Got mamed by a guard. Ouch.
LeoLeonardoIII-Inspontaniously exploded.
inteuniso-Got owned by a leet combo.
Dwarmin-Got modkilled.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 05:16:31 am by ExKirby »
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Peasant's Adventure-I know about last time, changes will be made.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 12:16:47 pm »

In and I hope for it not to die.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 12:46:49 pm »

Don't worry, I'm much more reliable with a keyboard than a mouse.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 12:51:20 pm »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 12:54:24 pm »

Sure, I'll join.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 01:31:23 pm »

Cough
Actually, I don't know what happened to that.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 02:14:38 pm »

In

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 02:17:01 pm »

I'll join as Ewart Oakeshott, Cheesemaker!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 02:26:53 pm »

Good luck to you, but Peasant Adventure without images is like [HUMOROUS ITEM] without [HUMOROUS ITEM'S DEFINING CHARACTERISTIC]... by which I mean, just another text adventure.
Long Live United Forenia!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 03:13:56 pm »

Ok, one more and we can begin being meatfodder.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 04:51:35 pm »

Me! Mark Farthington, Brewery Worker.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 05:28:18 pm »

Hooray for this being text-based, I can update from many places. Inteuniso, I'll add you to the front page when my computer likes me.

You are all gathered in King Ohmahgawdthisisaverylongname and his guard, Steve. This is a first for peasants like you because, well, you're peasants! You take note of Steve's -4 armor and +10 sword and decide that you'd better do as the king asks.

"Ok," the king began, "You will go the top of Mt. Ohholyshitadragonliveshere, get the Cursed Treasure of The Dragon of Mt. Ohholyshitadragonliveshere, bring it to me and continue with your peasanty lives. Here's 10 copper, get to it!" You see no point in arguing.

STATUS

Criptfeind-20hp Healthy
Wearing-Rags
-Cash Bag (10C)
-
-
-
-

IronyOwl-20hp Healthy
Wearing-Rags
-Cash Bag (10C)
-
-
-
-

Ottofar-20hp Healthy
Wearing-Rags
-Cash Bag (10C)
-
-
-
-

LeoLeonardoIII-20hp Healthy
Wearing-Rags
-Cash bag (10C)
-
-
-
-

inteuniso-20hp Healthy
Wearing-Rags
-Cash Bag (10C)
-
-
-
-

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 05:50:37 pm »

Run out to find a store.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 06:18:37 pm »

hey, can I be on the waiting list or something? I loved reading this.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 06:40:24 pm »

Well, this sounds fun! Find a marketplace.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7