Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Let's play Jagged Alliance 2! Players Needed : 0

(1/23) > >>

UristMcGunsmith:
No longer taking players!

Ha ha! Damn right, Jagged Alliance 2. One of the best games to come out during the late nineties.

For those of you who do not know, the Jagged Alliance series has been around since 1991. You play as a group of mercenaries, which you can either chose from a list or create from scratch, and you usually must overthrow some evil dictator through guerrilla warfare and mindcrushingly terrible puns and catch phrases.
Jagged Alliance is known for two things, it's amazing strategic turn based gameplay and it's sense of humor.
It's kind of got a "losing is fun" feel because dying is usually hilarious Spoiler (click to show/hide)after the initial crush of defeat of course.

So I'm going to begin a Let's Play. I'm looking for 2-5 forum members who wish to create a character in game. You do not have to choose to follow the story line, you can create an objective of your own if you please.

I should also tell you I'm running with several mods for realism/gun purposes. I'm running the following mods.

IOV, Formerly known as "The cosplay mod". Cosplay means something else entirely in Russia, where most of the mod developers live. It adds hundreds of firearms and the MOLLE style vest system.

1.13 This mod adds tons of bugfixes, features, and nifty items/inventory system modifiers. Made the game ten times more fun.

HAM 3.5 This mods tweaks just about everything to do with all the NPCs and Player Characters. It makes combat much more realistic, allowing you to use strategies like covering fire, suppresive fire, and other such types of attack with great affect.

STOMP 1.0 This mod gives more personality traits and "Skills" to mercs. Mercs can now have "Classes" such as machine gunner, sniper, technician, etc. Depending on the class they get bonuses to certain skills.

--------------------------------------------------
Confirmed Players
--------------------------------------------------

Full Name: John Connor

Nickname: Hunter

Firearm: Silenced SMG/Pistol

Specialization: Stealth/Spec Ops

Full Name: Ryan Stalwart

Nickname: Irontooth

Firearm: Machine Gun (Probably assault rifle at first, but the bigger the better)

Specialization: Machine Gun

Full Name : Edward Jackson

Nickname : Senator

Favorite Firearm : Shotgun

Specialization : Diplomat/leader/trainer

Name: Anya Snow

Nick: Snow Drifter

favorite firearm: biggest, baddest sniper rifle available

Specialization: long range marksmanship

ALSO STARRING

Grunty as himself.

Rob as Trevor.

Servant Corps:
Eh, I read the strategy guide. Pretty boring. And I was turned off when you had optional quests to kill
Spoiler (click to show/hide)the mafia and the Queen Ant.

Which seemed rather terrible since I played the original Jagged Alliance and it kept itself rather seriously. I didn't really got a handle of the combat though. :-\

UristMcGunsmith:

--- Quote from: Servant Corps on March 23, 2010, 09:47:09 pm ---Eh, I read the strategy guide. Pretty boring. And I was turned off when you had optional quests to kill
Spoiler (click to show/hide)the mafia and the Queen Ant.

Which seemed rather terrible since I played the original Jagged Alliance and it kept itself rather seriously. I didn't really got a handle of the combat though. :-\

--- End quote ---

The whole plot of Jagged Alliance 1 is ten times less likely then JA2, and the whole "bugs" thing is entirely optional. You can play in "Realistic" or "Sci fi" mode. I've never played scifi and have no intentions of doing so now.

Also

"Jagged Alliance"
"Taking itself fairly seriously"

shitfuckingNO

Zangi:
Never did get the impression that the series took itself seriously...

And this STOMP, it intrigues me...

Grakelin:
Lawl, yeah, I too found that Jagged Alliance 1 took itself way more seriously, what with the whole assembling a team with a crazed russian who doesn't speak English, a mafia goomba, a mechanic who can't swim, and a sadistic madman who looks like Gordon Freeman thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version