Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

I for one welcome our elf overlords.

(1/4) > >>

Ceeker:
Thought i'd share this as I found it interesting. During world gen when I picked this civilization I noticed that they had the symbol for an elven retreat as well as a mountain home in their territory - I thought the dwarf civ must have taken over an elf town in world gen.

Well, when the outpost liason arrived I was surprised to note that he was an elf. So I opened up the civilisation panel, and lo and behold, the "dwarven" civ is ruled by elves, and some of them seem to have adopted dwarven names. Best of all, they don't care what I trade with them, and they're at war with a nearby elf civilization. Guess not all elves are tree loving hippies and the ones that aren't run off to join the dwarves and become superelvenly tough.

Check it out:

NW_Kohaku:
Your civ did conquer some elf towns.  The elves who surrendered (wisely) chose to become a part of your civ, and probably, thanks to casualties during the war with the elves and the fact that dwarves die of old age, the elves became the most experienced characters in your civs.

Elves who join dwarven civs will wear steel equipment.  They retain their speed advantage, and are also immortal, meaning that they can have hundreds of years to gain experience slaughtering literally hundreds of elves, pushing them to legendary in several different skills, easily.

This sort of thing is also fairly common - elves are the zerg rush normally, but their speed bonus and immortality are deadly, making elves under any civ besides an elf civ fairly badass if they simply survive a few rounds of combat to get some skills up.  And an elf champion of the dwarves is virtually unstoppable in worldgen - I was looking through my own Legends, and found a 13-year-old elf from a goblin civ single-handedly turn back a 68-elf seige.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have a (sadly, only legendary in farming) elf queen, myself, but look up the "Dwarven King is an..." thread for the Legend of Cacame Aweminedade, The World's Most Badass Elf.

As for the names, if they are born in the dwarven civ, they have dwarven names.  My elf queen is named Asmel Tunmat - "Merchant DoorBent" in Dwarven.

ungulateman:
...Woah.

That kid (alright, he's an adult, but only 12, come on) is ridiculous.

Max White:
I wonder if there is a real life application by taking hippies and drafting them into the military.

NW_Kohaku:

--- Quote from: Max White on March 25, 2010, 08:00:25 am ---I wonder if there is a real life application by taking hippies and drafting them into the military.

--- End quote ---

The Men Who Stare At Goats... a very funny and informative book... and now a major motion picture!

Sadly, real-life attempts to make people into "Jedi Warriors" have thus far proved fruitless.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version