Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Giant Town? What the crap?  (Read 1420 times)

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Giant Town? What the crap?
« on: March 26, 2010, 02:57:35 pm »

So, I get a quest to go kill a giant (His name don't matter) in a cave named Birdpits (LMAO on that one), so I reach there, go into the entrance hallway, and get the nice:
"I am blablabla!"
"I shall rip you limb from limb!"

And then before I get a chance to go forward, another giant introduces itself. I'm all: "What? Must be some kind of wife."
So, the giants advance on me, and I go to battle with them. They are in the same square, and my last adventurer got his throat ripped out by ONE giant, so I want to be careful, but screw it and repeatedly attack them. Some how, even though I was carrying iron weapons instead of steel ones, and there was two giants, I manage to propel one away and it dies. One down, one to go.
  I then finish off the other one, and decide to get the hell out of Birdpits (Still cracks me up), since I already am a bit bruised and have some yellow body parts. But, before I can get away, one of the right southern hallway, out comes ANOTHER Giant. He announces himself, and I'm all: "Alright, I'll try my luck, but this is the LAST one!" And before I can go into battle with that giant, I see TWO MORE giants coming to me from the western hallway, and one more giant coming from the eastern hallway. By this point I'm all: "What the &@#%!" and decide to run away. Before I can go up the ramp, guess what? Another giant traps me in, and I proceed to get gang raped by people possibly 10 times bigger than me.
  What the hell just happened?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Giant Town? What the crap?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 03:40:31 pm »

Giants pop up in groups. Odds are, if you're sent to kill a giant, you're going to have to explain to his entire family why you are there.

Titans are the solitary ones. Though I was asked to find a titan in a cave that turned out to be inhabited by giants. Never found the titan though...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 03:43:00 pm »

That clears things up... The Giants probably ate the Titan in your quest.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 03:53:18 pm »

The mother was very likely pissed after that.

don't go there ever again.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 04:25:48 pm »

Cave full of giants? NOT GOING THERE? COWARDS!
*spurs on gallant horse, raising shining sword to the heavens, off to battle courageously against an awesome foe*

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 01:29:10 am »

Cave full of giants? NOT GOING THERE? COWARDS!
*spurs on gallant horse, raising shining sword to the heavens, off to battle courageously against an awesome foe, only to be killed and roasted on a spit*

Fix'd.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

West

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 02:48:55 am »

rofl, Awesome story.