Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2D wiki?  (Read 2492 times)

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
2D wiki?
« on: March 26, 2010, 10:39:44 pm »

I've decided to try playing the 2d version and after a search of the forum it seems that there was a wiki for it at archive.dwarffortresswiki.com.

Does anybody know if it survived the domain move, and if so, where is it?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 2D wiki?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 11:17:26 pm »

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 11:18:23 pm »

Thank you.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 11:44:10 pm »

Ah, thank goodness they restored it, its always fun to play 2D once in a while.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails apply magma
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 05:11:34 am »

It seems to not be fully restored, I see a lot of red links.
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 06:05:45 am »

It's actually new, IIRC. The wiki is starting a Legacy project to collate info on old DF releases. I am very interested, myself.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 07:13:56 pm »

So what happened to the OLD old wiki?
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 07:23:00 pm »

Gone. :(
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 07:25:45 pm »

Gone. :(

Hardly.

Google archive means forever. It is your friend.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 07:58:45 pm »

Really? show me the page then, I don't see it.

andrewas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 08:45:38 pm »

The google caches of www.dwarfortresswiki.net now contain redirects to magmawiki.com

Wayback Machine appears to have it tough. http://web.archive.org/web/20080221163738rn_1/archive.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Main_Page.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 09:03:08 pm »

Yep it does, just really slow, at-least for me.