Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: =Bronze Battle Axe= REVIVAL?  (Read 3936 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
=Bronze Battle Axe= REVIVAL?
« on: March 27, 2010, 04:25:29 am »

it is the year 496 of the dwarven calendar, the 496th year since Ruthask Umelcrack forged the first dwarven crown and united the mines of Bonepeak, and centuries before dwarves ever forged the first steel. Elves live in isolation in their forests and humans wage war against each other over the plains and seas with weapons cast from dwarven bronze, its the sixth year of Ueik Umelcrack's rule over the mountainhome of Bonepeak, and the military activity of the kingdom has been higher than ever. Raiding parties are sent every moth to attack neighboring dwarven caves to capture slaves, and many slaves are needed for the cassiterite mines and the construction of the new royal palace and temple to armok.

ok, this is a roleplaying thread, please keep it relativelly serious, tough some df related jokes are welcome (you can eat cat tallow biscuits and tell tales of the terrible carp), anyone may enter at any time, but their character must fill one of these roles. i'll make up the rules along the way, and i'll try to use my best judgment to provide entertainment

king(Ueik Umelcrack, keep in mind that whoever takes the king will be very limited in his interactions with player characters) 1 slot available
Bonepeak warrior (equiped with bronze scale armor, shield, helmet, and the dwarven weapon of your choice) 1 slot available

chieftain(a chieftain from an independent cave) no slot available
free dwarf warrior(equipped with a bronze helmet, bone scale or leather armor, leather shield, a bronze axe, and two throwing spears) 1 slot available

Bonepeak slave (slave dwarves get their hair and beard shaved!!) unlimited

as soon as we get a couple or three characters i'll start, the rest can join later on
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 11:00:12 pm by Askot Bokbondeler »

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: =Bronze Battle Axe=
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 05:07:46 am »

I would like to go as Bonepeak warrior?

Oh, and with an axe. A greataxe, if I can't have a shield.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 05:16:07 am »

oh, ye can 'ave a shield, i forgot to mention that, or a poleaxe\halberd, if you want, i think it fits more in the bronze age theme
gimme a dwarfy name, or shall we call you Ottofar?

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 05:21:03 am »

what does the chieftain come with?
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 05:30:00 am »

whatever he wants, as long as it is not made of steel or adamantine, he also can controll his tribe, obviously. the king has a strategy game aproach, the warriors are more like regular roleplaying game, the chieftain is halfway between both

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 05:32:14 am »

I'll go as a free warrior. Lors'th Ucatugog
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 05:36:21 am »

how big can the cheiftain's tribe be?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 05:45:50 am »

up to a couple hundred dwarves, they live in cave vilages and often wage war with each other, the chieftain will be the main antagonist of the king, but will fight battles while the king will stay in the castle

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 05:52:15 am »

Actually, ye be callin' me Ir Ungettithal, if ye may? And yeh, I can take a halberd. Can I have a halberd, a buckler, and a handaxe?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 06:03:06 am »

aye, ye can. do you want to sign up for a raidin' party, or ye want to stay in the mountainhome and do slave-master duties?

you want a role as a cieftain, Hungry?

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 06:16:26 am »

yes, and I want a pair of fine copper gauntlets, and a nice suit of wolf bone armor, and two fine bronze short swords...and a kitten leather hat and matching boots.

now what can I do...?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 06:47:04 am »

Lors'th Ucatugog
You are near the northernmost entry to the cave village, you lit a fire and are cooking a plump helmet and boar tallow soup in your helmet. Your tribe is in war with Elkbeard tribe, but the past weeks have been calm. You were expecting Elkbeard raiders, but they didn't show up, and your chieftain was even considering organizing an attack on their village, but a rumor was spreading: that troops from Bonepeak were attacking the free villages, and that Elkbeard tribe had found trouble at their hands. You discredited these rumors, as Bonepeak had never sent troops this far south.
Then you hear the branch crack behind you, could be anything, a deer, a boar, a wolf... an Elkbeard, you must check it out, but whatever it is, may not know that you noticed its presence, this could serve to your advantage...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hungry(give me your name, and you tribe's name, you want to have Elkbeards? also, you'll get a bronze helmet, with boar tusks or elk antlers, or some kind of sign of chiefdom, pick something)
You stomp your copper clad fist on the granite table, you lost your eldest son to the cursed raiders, to a fate worse than death, for there is honor in death, you also lost your shaman before he could appoint a successor, killed because he was too old to work on the mines, this is a very ill omen.
Your tribe was a proud tribe, admired both by allies and enemies and you are a chief of high standing among chiefs, but few would help you in this time, most need help themselves. nevertheless you know that the free tribes wont stand a change against this menace if they don't unite...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ungettithal
(pick your duties soldier)

i've assigned a collor to each of you, if you want to change it just say

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 06:49:52 am »

Ready a spear and turn around. If it's not someone of my tribe, throw.
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 07:05:04 am »

you turn arround and quickly survey the vegetation. You don't see anything, but you hear hustling sound and detect it's direction, you hear someone running.
You guess you blew the surprise, but these lands can be treacherous to those unaquantaid with them, this is not your case and theres a good chance you might catch whoever is fleeing if you pursue him

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 07:28:28 am »

Empty my helmet over the fire, put it on and start pursuit.
*WHACK*
Pages: [1] 2 3 4