Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Has it been a week yet?  (Read 22149 times)

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Has it been a week yet?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 02:27:21 am »

In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Everybody take a break. Drink 20 gallons of whiskey and take a 2 week nap. You will be well rested, and DF 2010 will be out.

What about the poor children, barred from the solace of alchoholic respite?
Raahleeese... I started playing like last month so the lack of update hadn't bothered me but now! Whaa~
They're fine.
Quote from: dogstile
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

SeanTucker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2010, 03:11:31 am »

That general time period is going to be awesome. Clash of the Titans comes out, I get a new TV, and (last but most) DF2010.

Will take a few more days for it to be playable, though, apparently.

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2010, 04:46:14 am »

I haven't used the RSS yet, but I generally tend to check the Dev Log about 10 times a day. Seems to be about as effective.
I do that, but eventually the page gets cached, and when an update finally does come out I can't see it.
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2010, 05:42:59 am »

In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

I have been doing my part by locking myself inside my house, so I cannot path anywhere.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2010, 06:49:52 am »

I haven't left my Xx-Silicon Personal Computer-xX for a good while, that might help.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Mraedis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2010, 07:16:20 am »

I haven't used the RSS yet, but I generally tend to check the Dev Log about 10 times a day. Seems to be about as effective.
I do that, but eventually the page gets cached, and when an update finally does come out I can't see it.

Hard Refresh. ;) FireFox: Ctrl Shift R
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2010, 08:12:34 am »

I plan on passing the time screaming that there aren't any animal traps around to put my small creatures into, despite the hundreds of animal traps around. Seems to work for my latest fort's dwarfs.

tigrex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2010, 08:32:59 am »

I'm getting paranoid that I'm going to get hit by a meteor sometime this week, before I get the chance to play the new version.  It seems so plausible, somehow.

koofle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2010, 09:30:31 am »

I am guilty of the exact same habit. With hard refresh.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2010, 09:38:35 am »

What are you talking about?

TheSpaceMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digital-lifeform.com
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2010, 09:42:57 am »

If you don't stop screaming "are we there yet" I swear we will take this forum and drive stright back to the 2d version.  ;)
Poking around with a DFParser.
Bodypart names, creatures names in one easily overviewable place.

Oh my new (old) picture?

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2010, 10:23:43 am »

Everyday the first thing I do is check the dev logs, it breaks my heart to see no new news.

Zwaryczuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2010, 10:32:57 am »

Everyday the first thing I do is check the dev logs, it breaks my heart to see no new news.

Me too, and during all breaks at work, and on the bus ride home.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2010, 01:36:20 pm »

Who knows, that might actually work. Perhaps that's why some weeks feel longer than others.
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2010, 01:44:53 pm »

If you don't stop screaming "are we there yet" I swear we will take this forum and drive stright back to the 2d version.  ;)
*whispering* Are we there yet?
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5