Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Foretelling  (Read 4814 times)

DDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Frogatto
Dwarven Foretelling
« on: March 28, 2010, 08:35:26 pm »

I'd like to point out that the dwarves in Dwarf Fortress know what will happen to them in the next version, and, moreover, they know who is inflicting it on them.

Evidence:
-<<-Alunite trumpet->>-
This is a well-designed image of Iden Chuckpaged the dwarf and toads in turtle shell by Dumat Thabostalath. Iden Chuckpaged is surrounded by the toads. Iden Chuckpaged looks terrified.

I have a screenshot if further proof is needed.
Il Palazzo: "Urist, quick, grab your ax! There's a troll rampaging through the decimal conversion chambers!"
melomel: DF is like OCD candy, isn't it? existent: No, DF is like the stranger in the trench coat offering the candy.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Foretelling
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 08:37:00 pm »

And thus the blowing of a trumpet signaled the apocalypse.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 09:24:05 pm »

-<<-Alunite trumpet->>-
This is a well-designed image of Iden Chuckpaged the dwarf and toads in turtle shell by Dumat Thabostalath. Iden Chuckpaged is surrounded by the toads. Iden Chuckpaged looks terrified.
No, this dwarf just knows what we're going to do to the 40D dwarves when we acquire the new version.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 09:38:23 pm »

How do you make an image in turtle shell anyway?

TarrVetus

• Bay Watcher
  • It's... decaff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 09:40:16 pm »

Smash it.  Ever make pictures with elbow macaroni and glue?  That, or just carve it out of the shell.

That's how I imagine it, anyway.

DDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Frogatto
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 10:17:41 pm »

I always thought it was like http://www.leefairstudio.com/hum-copy.gif , but with shell instead of wood.
Il Palazzo: "Urist, quick, grab your ax! There's a troll rampaging through the decimal conversion chambers!"
melomel: DF is like OCD candy, isn't it? existent: No, DF is like the stranger in the trench coat offering the candy.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 11:08:01 pm »

Carve in the outlines. Or I suppose a bas relief could work, if it were shallow enough.