Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 68083 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 06:16:53 pm »

Go around the back of the house, and pry open the window. Then go into the study and get the elven sword, and the lantern from upstairs. Push (not lift!) the rug in the study. Convince someone else to go down the trap door first.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 06:21:51 pm »

Go around the back of the house, and pry open the window. Then go into the study and get the elven sword, and the lantern from upstairs. Push (not lift!) the rug in the study. Convince someone else to go down the trap door first.

That's at least two actions.

Once 8:30 comes around, I'm doing the turn.

EDIT:

Did I accidentally click some sort of "lock thread" button or something?

ExKirby: Load gun, take command. 5

You load all of your guns flawlessly. You then attempt to assert command over the group. Nothing seems to come of it, but you gain dabbling leadership skills (+1 to asking someone to do something).

Frelock: Open mailbox, scan mail with virus scanner, don't give bank account info to Nigerian Prince. 3

Opening the mailbox, you attempt to scan for viruses. You find some influenza, and a pamphlet that reads
"WELCOME TO ZORK!

ZORK is a game of adventure, danger, and low cunning. In it you will explore some of the most amazing territory ever seen by mortals. No computer should be without one!"

Tehstefan: Look around to see who's all here. And straighten my fedora. A man is nothing without his fedora! 3

You see a person wearing a whole bunch of red platey stuff, a very skinny person reading a pamphlet, a person with a conspicuously large left arm, and a person with a suitcase and glasses. You adjust your fedora, accomplishing nothing.

Sensei: Go around the back of the house, and pry open the window. Then go into the study and get the elven sword, and the lantern from upstairs. Push (not lift!) the rug in the study. 3

In a moment of genere-saviness, you pry open the window and climb in, then go into the living room and grab an elven sword off of the wall of the living room. Suddenly, the boarded-up door next to you explodes! Roll to dodge... 5. The splinters bounce off of you harmlessly, leaving you surprised but uninjured. (in my copy of Zork, the lantern, sword, and carpet are in the "Living Room".)

inteuniso (GMControl): I attempt to enter the house. 6

TAU SMASH! Using the full weight of your body and the strength of your left arm, you pummel the door into submission! Upon entry, you notice a very surprised Vas Regis.

Statuses: Everyone is just fine, and Sensei has a big ol' elvish sword.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 07:08:54 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 06:46:25 pm »

Whatever. Get into the house, at any rate.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 07:04:04 pm »

Head upstairs, pulse rifle in hand.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 08:42:12 pm »

Go north and get egg from tree.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 11:03:18 pm »

Oh silly me! The lantern is with the sword. I daresay there's a knife and some rope (Ha!) in the attic. Follow the Tau- get acquainted with him, and offer him the sword in lieu of the knife. He can make better use of it than I, and I'm dreadfully afraid to put on my fencing glasses after what happened last time. I'll be wanting the axe when we get it though...

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 11:16:28 pm »

I follow the guy who smashed the door, and load my magnum. Don't want to be out of ammo when the sharpshooting starts!
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2010, 02:24:30 am »

I'll get on the waiting list if there is one. If not I'll just watch. Any RTD that starts with ZORK is bound to be awesome. (but beware of grues)

Name: Dragnar
Race: Protoss drone
Ability: +1 to construction
Equipment: integrated laser pistol and mining tools(because that all-purpose electric shock is boring)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 04:24:04 am »

Unload the pistol and fire a few blanks to find out if anyone's in there.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 06:10:59 am »

I'll be wanting the axe when we get it though...

Heh heh heh...

Wow, that was fast. I'll start working on the turn now, but if I don't finish it, expect it at around 1:00.

TURN 2:

ExKirby: 5 (I'm assuming you mean to be in the living room and "in there" refers to under the trapdoor, you didn't go anywhere so you're still by the mailbox)

You swap out your pistol's clip with a clip of blanks (looking quite badass while doing so), and make some noise down in that peculiar cavern. You hear an angered roar... it seems strange somehow, but you can't quite place it. You also hear a man cursing, but definitely farther away than the source of the roar.

Frelock: 4 (The tree with the egg is two steps to the north, but since you got a 4 I'll let it slide)

Remembering playing this game when you were young, you trot north to get the jewel-encrusted egg. Your lack of body mass outweighs your lack of strength, and you scale the tree and grab the egg.

Tehstefan: 4

You enter the house through the now non-existent door, but the Tau seems to be having trouble moving...

Sensei: 5

The Tau seems to be having trouble commanding himself to move, so you head upstairs without him (turning on the brass lantern that I'm assuming you attained with the sword). You take the nasty knife and the rope, then go back down and hand your sword to the Tau.

inteuniso: 1 (I think I'll be merciful here, normally with a 1 you should shoot yourself with your rifle, but since no one here has any healing abilities (hint hint, you'll need them very soon) I'll overlook it)

>head upstairs
I don't know the word "upstairs".

Vas Regis hands you a large elfin sword.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 06:44:58 am by Schilcote »
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2010, 06:55:47 am »

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, and a jewel-encrusted egg. On the Forest Path.

Inteuniso: Tau armor, pulse rifle, elfin sword (currently not glowing). In the Living Room.

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora (and nothing else? :P). In the Living Room.

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Meaningless Commander's Badge. In the Living Room.

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope. In the Living Room.

Dragnar, I think I'll put you in the game the next time we go to another world, which will (hopefully) be soon.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 06:58:30 am by Schilcote »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2010, 08:16:58 am »

Right, let's load the live ammo, and get the team to cover my six as I go in.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2010, 10:07:38 am »

No one knows where exkirby is though...

In any case, I inquire as to the status of the strange man, then ask them all what's going on.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2010, 10:50:33 am »

In the house. I should've said that I was going into the trapdoor.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2010, 11:11:01 am »

Get back to the house, and pick up the sack on the table.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 73